Has the recent drama changed how much you watch or support The Completionist?

Deleted member 681657

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
As you've probably already heard if you're a gamer, lately YouTuber The Completionist has been called out for allegedly committing fraud through his charity The Open Hand Foundation. He allegedly failed to donate any money and embezzled funds from it. He did donate $600,000 but only after being accused of fraud which makes it seem more like damage control.

For me personally, I rarely watched his videos before but now sometimes open a video, pause it then scroll down to read the comments. I was never a patreon and never donated to his charity.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I had never even heard of the guy before the fraud allegation video came out, and now that we know he's a fraud I won't be watching him in the future either, so... my viewership and support of him remain unchanged :tpi:

Reactions: CoolMe

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I blame him for the involvement of doing challenges by paying for the entire eShop library. Now that I know that he's a fraud, I'm laughing about it, what a massive douche.
That video of him buying the entire Wii U/3ds eshop was the only thing I ever watched of his... someone needs to call the Video Game History Foundation to see if they made good on their promise to donate those consoles/backups. At least we know how he afforded it all now.

As to the original question... I will never knowingly watch anything else associated with those fraudsters.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Honestly? I don’t know much about him, nor would I normally care. However, his involvement (or lack thereof) with a charity is nothing short of disgusting. He only felt the need to say ANYTHING about it after he was called out.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
didn't watch him before, aside from the eshop video, don't really care to either way even after, wasn't one of my preferred content creators. this kind of drama doesn't really matter to me, and a lot of people considering how popular linus still is

Reactions: CallmeBerto

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That video of him buying the entire Wii U/3ds eshop was the only thing I ever watched of his... someone needs to call the Video Game History Foundation to see if they made good on their promise to donate those consoles/backups. At least we know how he afforded it all now.

As to the original question... I will never knowingly watch anything else associated with those fraudsters.
Same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less? :rofl2: