What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

D

Deleted_171835

Started Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii). Visually, it sucks. Looks like a PS2 game. The story and dialogue seems pretty shitty too (YOU CAN'T SAVE EVERYONE!). Gameplay is still a mixed bag, though. As long as you don't take the game too seriously and treat it as you would watching a B movie with friends, I'm sure you can garner some enjoyment out of it.

Also played more Skyward Sword (Wii). I just reached the Fire Sanctuary.

Played Smash Bros. Brawl too. Decided to finally tackle the Subspace Emissary.

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
Finally got my players to level 30 in Xenoblade. But then I felt discouraged when I passed a bird on level 79, i was like "what?!!"
oh well, it's getting interesting.

Also played more Skyward Sword (Wii). I just reached the Fire Sanctuary.

Did you like the music score for Eldin Volcano? I thought it was...too silly.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Completed Persona 3 Portable. Did what everyone said. Thor with most stats maxed with thunder reign and spell master. Boss was a breeze. Party consisted of MC, Yukari, Ahikiho, Mitsuru at level 80. Such a disappointing ending :(

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rage Quit "Ultimate Spider Man" last night due to being blinded none stop in game from the sun, unable to fix this guessing its my tv and there is no fix for it. Same issue at night only almost every thing is black and only game I have lighting issues with on my tv.

Figured id give it anther shot as I don't like to Rage Quit, got stuck on the venom race where I chase a boss, get to close and he tosses you out of range, and restart. After a hour of this I final made it passed him to a horrible and annoying boss fight to kill him before he kills spider man. Game froze on me this being the second time, and no not in the same place... Rage Quit again...

Started playing Resident Evil 4 on Game cube as im in the halloween mood using my Wii to play it, found all my game save files there but 1... Resident evil 4 save file is gone?!?!?!? now I must play through fresh.... finding it kinda hard as its been a while sense ive played a fresh RE4 game. Takes several shots to kill and head shots do nothing... NOTHING! all that hard work to unlock every thing gone :sleep:

Thinking of giving Ultimate Spider Man anther chance now as im getting a butt kicking in RE4 .... that or playing a easier game cube game to help break me into the Game Cube controller....

Now thinking of Playing Pokemong Black or white as ive never played it before.....

Feeling kinda confused on what game I should play to behonest... nothing is sticking.. I just can't get any any game right now....

((- Top runners up is -))

Ultimate spider man - First game sense I was a teen to make me rage quit, though this is mainly do to having issues seeing I suppose and game freezing.

Resident Evil 4 - My butt is kinda hurting from the kicking im getting in the game, save file of fully unlocked game gone :(

Pokemon Black - Never played it before

Luigi's Mansion - Good warm up for playing Resident Evil 4.

I freaking loved "Skyward sword" I was a bit unsure about it being good, but it turned out to be yet anther great Zelda game. Seems no matter how bad other games get all the Zelda games come out solid gold in the end. Also got the Wii mote with mine luckly as some games require Wii plus? lame! Could use a gold Wii nunchuck to match though instead of white. :yaywii:

How is Xenoblade? I have a bit of cash to buy a game and ive been wondering if I should get it, or wait till it hits 20 bucks or less as I don't have much cash.

Never got into the Persona games....

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Completed Persona 3 Portable. Did what everyone said. Thor with most stats maxed with thunder reign and spell master. Boss was a breeze. Party consisted of MC, Yukari, Ahikiho, Mitsuru at level 80. Such a disappointing ending :(

That's why you play P3: The Answer

D: People tell me that but I dont want to buy a PS2 just to experience the proper ending or understand it :( I'll have to youtube it lol

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India

D: People tell me that but I dont want to buy a PS2 just to experience the proper ending or understand it :( I'll have to youtube it lol
How powerful is your computer? You could emulate it. AFAIK the PS2 Persona's aren't too cpu or graphically intensive and therefore don't require top of the line computers. I can(well, could.) emulate both games very well, though I didn't continue playing due to the possibility of Ghostlight bringing JRPG's to PC, and me hoping one of em is Persona 4(Hopefully, the Vita version.)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

How powerful is your computer? You could emulate it. AFAIK the PS2 Persona's aren't too cpu or graphically intensive and therefore don't require top of the line computers. I can(well, could.) emulate both games very well, though I didn't continue playing due to the possibility of Ghostlight bringing JRPG's to PC, and me hoping one of em is Persona 4(Hopefully, the Vita version.)

Ghostlight are a European publisher. Atlus are the Japanese devs. Though to be honest with you, you shold just emulate the game on your PC. I can't see Atlus going down the PC route anytime soon.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Going through Uncharted 3 on Hard and getting all the treasures. Though I found out that I somehow missed the Strange Relic which pisses me off. But right now I'm aboard the Pirate's Ship. Probably the hardest part in the game for me, I hate the armored fuckers who just don't die.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Myself :
Just played a REALLY quick round of Super Mario Bros. (NES VC version.) Only got from 1-1 to 2-1 before I had to get up and do other stuff.
Also played a SIMILAR round of Mario Kart 64. Barely started the 4th race on a Mushroom Cup grand prix when I again had to get up and get other stuff done.
(didn't really get anywhere.)

Other than that, though, I taught my 3-year-old to play Mario 64. (This I actually DO consider an accomplishment)
He's still not that coordinated at it but didn't do that bad considering it was his first time really playing.
(He loves watching ME play so usually just hands the controls back to me when I have tried before.)

Need for Speed : Nitro with the driving assistance on. (just hold A)
Pocoyo Racing (just hold the wiimote)

In both cases you make it to the end (albeit in last place and crashing against the sides of the track a bit) without really doing anything so it doesn't really count.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Myself :
Just played a REALLY quick round of Super Mario Bros. (NES VC version.) Only got from 1-1 to 2-1 before I had to get up and do other stuff.
Also played a SIMILAR round of Mario Kart 64. Barely started the 4th race on a Mushroom Cup grand prix when I again had to get up and get other stuff done.

Other than that, though, I taught my 3-year-old to play Mario 64. (This I actually DO consider an accomplishment)
He's still not that coordinated at it but didn't do that bad considering it was his first time really playing.
(He loves watching ME play so usually just hands the controls back to me when I have tried before.)

In both cases you make it to the end (albeit in last place and crashing against the sides of the track a bit) without really doing anything so it doesn't really count.
You're a good dad. ;)

Anyway, I grabbed a copy of Rayman 3D yesterday. Played a bit of it, and it's a pretty cool game so far with a catchy soundtrack. I'm debating whether to continue, or to go ahead and play through the DSi version of the original Rayman, first.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Myself :

You're a good dad. ;)

Anyway, I grabbed a copy of Rayman 3D yesterday. Played a bit of it, and it's a pretty cool game so far with a catchy soundtrack. I'm debating whether to continue, or to go ahead and play through the DSi version of the original Rayman, first.

I've been looking for that game. Can't find it anywhere other than online.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking for that game. Can't find it anywhere other than online.
I was lucky enough to find it at GameStop for $20, used ($18 with a PowerUp Pro membership). Much better deal online, though. It's something like $10 on Amazon. I just felt too lazy to order anything online, and I was only a few points away from getting a $25 off coupon.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Myself :

Funnily enough I got my nephew, who is also three, playing Super Mario Sunshine.

@[member='xwatchmanx'], I thought Rayman 2 was a meh game a decade ago and I can't say I tempted to give a go again. However I would recommend playing the original Rayman. I had the PSX version all those years and I say its a good game. I replayed it last year and still thought the game was really good. Though I'd say Rayman Origins is far superior to it.

@[member='Hyro-Sama'], FUCK YEAH!

Reactions: 2 people

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Myself :

Funnily enough I got my nephew, who is also three, playing Super Mario Sunshine.

@[member='xwatchmanx'], I thought Rayman 2 was a meh game a decade ago and I can't say I tempted to give a go again. However I would recommend playing the original Rayman. I had the PSX version all those years and I say its a good game. I replayed it last year and still thought the game was really good. Though I'd say Rayman Origins is far superior to it.

@[member='Hyro-Sama'], FUCK YEAH!
do you like smt strange journey?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the DSi version of the original Rayman on the 3DS eShop. I'm going to play through that first. I'm really looking forward to playing Origins once I'm done with these two games, but I'm waiting for the 3DS version to hit the US (this November). And I can grab Legends whenever I get a Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    chrisrlink @ chrisrlink: lol +1