Gaming What Events Happened in a Game you Were Playing That you Didn't Expect?

dudeguy2022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing Skyward Sword on my Wii yesterday and I was at the part of the story where you find the dragons to learn their parts of the Song of the Hero, and when I saw the Lanayru Desert dragon for the first time... almost teared up a bit... because... he was dead (Minor story spoiler)
I ABSOLUTELY was not expecting that, and I started wondering if other people might have had similar experiences with other games, so feel free to reply with times something like that happened to you when playing a game!

Last edited by dudeguy2022,
Reactions: AmandaRose

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a reminder to people to use spoiler tags or word ambiguously enough that it isn't necessarily a spoiler lol.

My story would probably be from playing 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. tl;dr for those who don't know, it's a story-heavy game with escape room sequences between the plot. You have nine characters stuck on a ship and they have to work together to get out, while piecing together why they're there, and who the mastermind was. Now, I played the sequel first, Virtue's Last Reward. In VLR, the events of the first game are touched upon, albeit not in huge detail. It actually does reveal the mastermind though.

So when I went back to play 999, I thought I knew who the mastermind was. I went through the entire game paying more attention to this character, and when it got to the end, it turned out I remembered entirely wrong. It was a bizarre surprise after so long, and a testament to just how bad my memory really is.

Not sure that entirely fits in with the theme of the thread, but the ending of 999 as a whole (VLR too honestly) are pretty out there. Even without the shock twist that my memory lied to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto