What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Bought the last paints I need to complete my Tau army's colour scheme, along with the varnish I need to finish off the crystaline effect on the amethyst armour. I've also decided to paint my Crisis Suit Commander in the colours of my signature below, the purple background with the white flowers a la 'Zipang' of the Ace Combat series.

Trimmed down my PS2 collection since half of them are either finished or just plain unlikely to be played.

Found my PS1 memory card so I can get round to finishing Final Fantasy 8 and 9.

Tried and failed to find my PSP charge cable so I could continue with Final Fantasy 5 and 6.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I got some more Wind Waker in.
Finally got to the top of the tower in the Forsaken Fortress. (I had totally forgotten that I could float with the deku leaf :lol: . That was easy once that clicked for me.) From that point it was
cut scene
boss battle (after switching through half my weapons trying to find the right one with the giant the bird's head staring at me from the end of the platform.)
cut scene
short walk
cut scene
able to play again, but my kids had fallen asleep watching so I thought I should do the same.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that, don't get me wrong. The story is one of the great things about Zelda games for me. It just so happened to take up half of my play time this time around.)

Oh, and I actually killed the hand this time. It was rather accidental, actually. I just happened to move from one side of the room to the other enough times and had to go through him to do it, stunning him the sword each time. He just happened to die in one of those passes.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started Torchlight 2, 2 hours later abandoned it. Probably 'cos I've only just played the first one.

For some reason put in 7 hours of Borderlands 2 even though I'm not into it...wtf?

Finished Black Mesa, well what was there to finish.

All in all a productive day of game playing.

EDIT: Might play some more BL2 now I'm drunk.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just beat Rayman Origins. Then got the last tooth and went through the Land of the Livid Dead, fuck I hate that world. Hardest world I think I've ever played in a video game.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Today I've been pulling some trains in L2 on Forge of Gods with a team of two Spellhowlers and one Necromancer. I'm a Warlord, that's what I do.

Long live AoE attacks - the more mobs on your back the merrier.

Now I'm thinking of playing Okami. Is the Wii port good or at least doable??
It's better than the PS2 version, if that's what you're asking. The Wiimote was made for games like that one. ;)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just beat Rayman Origins. Then got the last tooth and went through the Land of the Livid Dead, fuck I hate that world. Hardest world I think I've ever played in a video game.

I feel your pain. For all I care, that level is impossible without resorting to cheating/voodoo trickery.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I feel your pain. For all I care, that level is impossible without resorting to cheating/voodoo trickery.

Dude if it wasn't for the quick deaths and not having to start over from the beginning of the level, I would have smashed my controller. Like I swear, sometimes it was luck if I was making a jump or something. I mean, I'd be doing the exact same things, but sometimes I wouldn't jump far enough or something, and it got infuriating. At least I got a gold trophy for it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its very good,principally the wii remote use ;)

The combat is diarrhea in a cup though and the painting doesn't nearly work as good as it should. I mean it's the fucking Wii, I should be able to paint perfectly.

I've heard on all accounts that the PS2 version is better.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The combat is diarrhea in a cup though and the painting doesn't nearly work as good as it should. I mean it's the fucking Wii, I should be able to paint perfectly.

And this, ladies and gentlemen is ANOTHER unexpected, original post from Guild, with an anti-Nintendo unbiased opinion we couldn't possibly imagine he would have!
Not really. :P

Reactions: 2 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its very good,principally the wii remote use ;)

That depends on the persons setup. It works perfectly for me and I haven't had any trouble whatsoever.

Anyways, just beat Sledge and got the artifact in Borderlands 1. I hate that I got addicted to this game, but I want to play BL2, but when I get to it, it's going to be too late for me to fully enjoy it unless I play with someone new or my friend or something :(

I might give L.A. Noire a shot tonight, who knows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://kansasreflector.com/2024/06/28/kansas-set-to-implement-head-spinning-collection-of-new-la...