Picofly install gone really bad: 3.3V trace capacitors desoldered accidentally

Qwasi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
For reasons I don't want to get into I gloriously fucked up this switch oled picofly mod. I have desoldered the following components accidentally:

fileee2.jpg
zoom_highlighted.jpg

Having found ripped XZZ schematics on this forum as well as @lorenzo_lizana's thread I've figured out some of the values:
#1: 15MF capacitor 0603
#2: ???
#3: 1MF capacitor 0402

I could not figure out #2 though. What component is it, and what value and size does it have? Is it strictly necessary? I cant make out the text on the XZZ schematics:

labeled.jpg

Here is an image of my actual board. From what I can tell no traces are damaged, only the Silkscreen is scratched a tad I haven't properly cleaned it yet and will do that before proceeding. What worries me a bit is the 1MHZ crystal(?) that seems to have some chipped edges. I hope it still works because replacing that looks next to impossible by hand...

my_fuckup.png
my_pcb_overlayed_layer_1.jpg

How fucked am I? If someone could help me confirm what components I'm missing that'd be awesome. Tips on how to solder things as small as #2 would also be great. Thank you.

Last edited by Qwasi,

Qwasi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Drunk on confidence after successfully doing this twice in the past I ended up not treating this board with the care I should have.

One bridged capacitor after using too much solder led to another and soon the whole thing came off... Trying to resolder it just made things worse and more parts started coming off lol.

I called it a quits after midnight and 5+ hours of searching for caps on the floor and shitty solder jobs haha.

1712651804394.png

I cleaned up the next morning... Apologies to my local hackerspace for the temporary mess ;)

Reactions: superfiege

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ