Valve has delayed the release of the Steam Deck

steam deck.JPG

The earliest customers to pre-order the Steam Deck were set to recieve their units in the matter of a single month, as Valve's take on a portable gaming PC was planned for release this December. However, that is no longer the case, as they've sent out an email to affected customers saying that the Steam Deck's launch is being pushed back by two months. This is supposedly due to material shortages, with Valve claiming that they were unable to get the parts to manufacture units and get them sent out by next month. The Steam Deck is now due to ship out in February 2022.

The launch of Steam Deck will be delayed by two months. We're sorry about this—we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren’t reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates.
Based on our updated build estimates, Steam Deck will start shipping February 2022. This will be the new start date of the reservation queue—you will keep your place in line but dates will shift back accordingly. Reservation date estimates will be updated shortly after this announcement.
Again, we're sorry we won’t be able to make our original ship date. We'll continue working to improve reservation dates based on the new timeline, and will keep you updated as we go.

:arrow: Source

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
that's cool, but it wasnt in news format
The big takeaway here.

There's a lot of times where users will post something well before the magstaff. It just isn't appealing to read as it can be short and lacking in content. i.e Not in a "News Format"

There have been times where a users news post got front paged. It's not always the staff or "official" temp writers.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It was refundable for only one month if I'm right.
Yeah FAQ says one month if you want it refunded to your original payment method. Goes to Steam wallet otherwise. No big deal for $5, especially considering how it helps combat scalpers.

Everybody else but me feel free to refund, happy to move up in line. :P

Reactions: Korma

xfighter11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah FAQ says one month if you want it refunded to your original payment method. Goes to Steam wallet otherwise. No big deal for $5, especially considering how it helps combat scalpers.

Everybody else but me feel free to refund, happy to move up in line. :P
You are partly right but not completely. I just cancelled my reservation and got everything back to its original payment method. Paid my 4€ splitted (70 Cents wallet and rest by PP) and got it back in wallet/PP.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are partly right but not completely. I just cancelled my reservation and got everything back to its original payment method. Paid my 4€ splitted (70 Cents wallet and rest by PP) and got it back in wallet/PP.
Might be because of the way you split it or because of regional laws, not sure. Cool that they did that for you either way though.

Reactions: xfighter11

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Bah just got my 1TB sd card today.. Didnt think they'd delay a month before release :/

I suppose i can work on my switch backlog in the meantime :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    dracula has some sick bars ngl
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/XnZLsJuNCnM?feature=shared&t=9 +1