Valve offering refurbished Steam Decks with a price cut

59bc77f7fd161e339e3d147a53f355b8b03fede2.png

Valve has been keeping up with constant updates and (small) revisions to their Steam Deck system, which has been quite popular in its sole year since the initial release, as well as keeping up with several bugfixes and updates to both their SteamOS and Proton software.

Continuing with their on going service, Valve has started offering refurbished Steam Deck with a price cut, and said price cuts are quite considerate, to say the least. Almost all refurbished variants of the Steam Deck, ranging from the basic standard 64GB model, up to the premium one of 512GB have a reduction in price of almost 20%, with the prices being as follows:

Original Steam Deck Price (USD)

Refurbished Steam Deck Price (USD)

Percentage

64GB model

$399

$319
20.05%

256GB model

$529

$419
20.79%

512GB model

$649

$519
20.03%

The price reduction for the standard model is $80, while for the premium model the amount saved up is $130. Valve also adds the following statement regarding their refurbished Decks:

Valve said:
Certified Refurbished

Each Certified Refurbished Steam Deck has been thoroughly tested to the same high standards as our retail units. Every device goes through a complete factory reset, software update, and an extensive examination involving over 100 tests at one of Valve's facilities. Among the tests are all controller inputs, the audio system, the screen, and internals. Battery health is also assessed to ensure proper functionality and longevity.

All refurbished units meet or even exceed the performance standards of new retail units. Although they may have minor cosmetic blemishes, they provide a reliable, high-quality gaming experience at a lower cost.

To add to this, the refurbished Decks come with a one year warranty for the device, the same offered for a brand new Steam Deck, as well as a refurbished power supply, and their carrying case with a Quick Start guide. Additionally to Valve's own refurbished service, GameStop is also offering and selling refurbished Steam Decks with similar price tags as the ones offered by Valve.

:arrow: Valve's Steam Deck Refurbished website
:arrow: GameStop's Steam Deck Refurbished website

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i've had many Refurbished devices before including receivers, phones and what not all worked just fine. so grab yourself as bargain
It’s worth noting that in this case they’re refurbished by Valve themselves, so out of all the places out there they’d know how to get it “just right”. This pricing is very attractive, not bad!

RatchetRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worth noting that the new version has been in sale during multiple high-profile sales lately. Wonder if the refurbished units will also be discounted during the winter sale

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I actually think this is a great idea. I wouldn't mind to pick one up refurbished if I didn't already own one

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Refurbished systems are *not* normally refurbished by the original manufacturer, that’s an exception, not a rule. They’re usually refurbished and resold by third-parties.
Weird take, but I will chalk it up to regional differences.

McPringles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$320 is an absolute steal - $25-35 more for a 512GB SSD (I picked up a Kioxia BG5 for about $28 last month, although you might have to shop around a bit), maybe an extra $10 for a screwdriver and spudger (if you don't have a small Phillips driver and a guitar pick already handy), and you've got a 512GB Deck for less than two-thirds of the early adopter cost.

EDIT: Refurbished site on Steam is sending me right back to the main page - wondering if this went live too soon or they're already swamped with orders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?