ASUS ROG Ally price reportedly leaked

Asus ROG Ally.jpg

Earlier this month, ASUS revealed its answer to the popular Steam Deck: the ROG Ally. The company followed up by announcing a launch event for May 11 where the price, specs and availability will be revealed. However, ahead of this event, the price for the high-end model of the ROG Ally has apparently leaked. As reported by The Verge, the AMD Z1 Extreme chip, 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD model will cost $700, which is only $51 pricier than the 512GB Steam Deck version. An apparent leaked Best Buy product page corroborates with the outlet's information:

As this pricing has not been confirmed by ASUS, we should take this news with a grain of salt. But if this price point for the high end ROG Ally is real, then the lower-spec version should be priced more competitively. Will it be comparable or cheaper than the $400, 64GB Steam Deck model? And does this reported cost for the high-end ROG Ally interest you?

:arrow: SOURCE

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a really surprising figure if it's true. I mean, it's still not as low as I'd like, but it doesn't seem to have the usual ASUS TAX that we're used to in the PC hardware world.

EDIT: I forgot to add, I still don't think it's as good value as it sounds as they don't have a track pad which I now think is essential for these devices. At least until Microsoft comes out with a handheld version of Windows.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Earlier this month, ASUS revealed its answer to the popular Steam Deck: the ROG Ally. The company followed up by announcing a launch event for May 11 where the price, specs and availability will be revealed. However, ahead of this event, the price for the high-end model of the ROG Ally has apparently leaked. As reported by The Verge, the AMD Z1 Extreme chip, 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD model will cost $700, which is only $51 pricier than the 512GB Steam Deck version. An apparent leaked Best Buy product page corroborates with the outlet's information:

As this pricing has not been confirmed by ASUS, we should take this news with a grain of salt. But if this price point for the high end ROG Ally is real, then the lower-spec version should be priced more competitively. Will it be comparable or cheaper than the $400, 64GB Steam Deck model? And does this reported cost for the high-end ROG Ally interest you?

:arrow: SOURCE
I personally still prefer the Deck just due to Valves amazing support they have done since launch, but it's good to have some alternatives for people.

Reactions: HellGhast

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hard to believe coming from Asus and their brand tax, unless they get on the digital games store front business.

I think more like they need their own OS, Windows probably ain't enough to cut it, since there are way too many Windows handheld device out there.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Impressive. If I was considering getting the 512GB Steam Deck, I'd probably go with this instead. That said, Windows is still a PITA on small devices, and setting the screen to native resolution/refresh rate will drain the battery in minutes.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That price is actually pretty decent all things considered. I'd be interested to see this thing run HoloISO and see how it performs compared to the Steam deck.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Decent price imo, hopefully the entry level version also matches the 64gb Deck. Anyway competition is always good for us the consumers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1