• Views 7,173,964
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I never had a problem with spindown issues with this loader. I have a WD My Book 1TB (100GB partition), and played Rune Factory for more than 5 hours with no problems. I also did the "Mario Kart test" and had no problems (25 minutes on pause)

Also, my WD My Passport 320GB had no spindown issues. I did the same tests and it worked fine.

Btw, the LEDs on my HDDs keep blinking, so they ssem to be active.

Launch day Wii, 3.2U (never upgraded since SSBB), cIOSrev9, using USB Loader GX v1.0 wad (and the channel made with some random program from around here for Rune Factory)

I'm having problems with the new display (the one with only the boxes). When I try to use it, I have two boxes that shows and the disappear really quick, and I can't click those. It does not code dumps, but it's really annoying, as I was trying to get this loader as my nem "System Menu", for when friends show up I can have them "OMFG!"

And I also can't download covers... I can play online (wireless), but can't download covers... :/

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
CorneliousJD said:
Let me start by saying.

I'm new

1. New to GBATemp
2. New to Wii Modding
3. New to USB Loader GX

But I've been playing around with some things, and got USB Loader set up as a channel (forwarder) and I'm using the latest r409, so far so great and amazing. Right now I've been loading off a 4GB flash drive, and that's just not going to cut it... haha.

So here's my big plan:

To use a USB/IDE adapter. The harddrive itself is plugged directly into the wall, so there is NO spindowns. and then the IDE channel runs straight to the USB port on the Wii. I'm hoping this will work, and if it does I think it will reduce spindown problems and whatnot... at least thats what I'm hoping for.

Here's a mockup of my plan, which I'll be trying out later today (5PM EST)
I'll be sure to let you guys know my results.

erwqjd.jpg

LARGER IMAGE: http://i43.tinypic.com/zwgw39.jpg

Take a look at this
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154808

CorneliousJD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah that's awesome, I'm glad to see somebody did it properly...

Mine's just going to be sitting in there for now, until I can get a dremel tool and really cut things out and mod it how I want to.

I'm glad to see his is working though for sure. Gives me hope. At least I know I can buy the same HDD enclosure he had and work from there if my USB/IDE adapter doesn't work.

dudon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif
when I use the GX loader ULNR r366 - I cant use the WBFS manager on the PC , the PC ( Win XP ) doesnt recognize the drive. Even when i recognize it throuh the disk managment it shoews as drive empty. ( and there are some games i already install thorugh the Wii) any suggetion why? or what shuld i do in order to add ISO games into the drive through the PC?
appreciate anyone help please.

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you want it to use it with your pc (wbfs manager) and your Wii you have to format it FAT/NTFS first and assign a drive letter to it. then you can format it wbfs via Wii or WBFS Manager and still have the drive letter which you can choose then in wbfs manager. This is for windows only... linux requires some other stuff. In windows disk management your drive will always be shown empty as long as its wbfs formatted.

WiiFanAix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

Forgive me if this has been asked before (313 pages !!), but :

Will the USB Loader GX support multiple WBFS partitions on the same hard drive ?

I don't see it on the list of planned features, but I think it would be a great add-on. For example, let's assume that I've got a big HD and I have a small WBFS partition, the rest of the disk being FAT or NTFS for conventional data storage. If the small WBFS partition got full eventually, then I'd like to be able to create another WBFS partition which would be automatically recognized by the USB Loader GX.

Would that be feasible ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

CorneliousJD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I bought it back when it was 20 bucks, figuring it would be a good place to keep extra wiimotes, never really used it for that purpouse... so i figure now that i'm into this modding phase i better make good use of it.

i'll let you know how my adapter works with it, and if not i'll probably end up purchasing a new adapter/enclosure and then taking the whole thing apart and truly modding it into that case.

wish me luck on the adapter just... working though, i'd rather not get involved in a ridiculous modding project... =P

odarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi guys, im new here, but can someone answer me a question?
I have Waninkokos cIOS and everything, my problem is this, when I run the loader it does not recognize my USB harddrive (I have an HP personal media drive, it came with my PC) and yes, Its plugged in to the wall and to my wii.
Any suggestions?

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
guys,

can anyone post the latest revision please? cheers [.dol if poss]

PS -
CorneliousJD said:
Yeah I bought it back when it was 20 bucks, figuring it would be a good place to keep extra wiimotes, never really used it for that purpouse... so i figure now that i'm into this modding phase i better make good use of it.

i'll let you know how my adapter works with it, and if not i'll probably end up purchasing a new adapter/enclosure and then taking the whole thing apart and truly modding it into that case.

wish me luck on the adapter just... working though, i'd rather not get involved in a ridiculous modding project... =P
can we keep non-GX loadder related posts to another thread... no wonder there are 330 pages and peeps are posting repeats

QUOTE(odarp @ May 26 2009, 06:27 PM) hi guys, im new here, but can someone answer me a question?
I have Waninkokos cIOS and everything, my problem is this, when I run the loader it does not recognize my USB harddrive (I have an HP personal media drive, it came with my PC) and yes, Its plugged in to the wall and to my wii.
Any suggestions?
search the forum, there are many threads related to power saving issued on external HDD's

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is something up with GX when using the forwarder? I can't play PAL games on my NTSC, and Excitebots won't load despite being NTSC. I've unlocked and changed settings around, still won't work. I've tried it using SD/USB Loader 1.5 and both of them work without a problem at all...

Any way to fix this? I don't like SD/USB Loader 1.5 because you have to open it thorugh Homebrew and I prefer channels... plus GX looks a lot better @_@; (And I prefer using the movement as opposed to the Dpad)

CorneliousJD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Is something up with GX when using the forwarder? I can't play PAL games on my NTSC, and Excitebots won't load despite being NTSC. I've unlocked and changed settings around, still won't work. I've tried it using SD/USB Loader 1.5 and both of them work without a problem at all...

Any way to fix this? I don't like SD/USB Loader 1.5 because you have to open it thorugh Homebrew and I prefer channels... plus GX looks a lot better @_@; (And I prefer using the movement as opposed to the Dpad)

what revision are you using? try going up/down a few revisions see if there's a difference at all.
also USB/SD loader 1.5 has a channel out there, but GX does look WAY better.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I couldn't find the channel at all, checked a bunch of tutorials, and the stickies here.

Hmm, I'm using the newest one (top of first post) for USB Loader GX. :/

Rev 1.0 I guess since that's what it says.

Funny thing is when installing it, they kept saying "USe rev 9!" which I did, but the thing didn't work until I put in rev 10!

CorneliousJD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one on the first page is using r366. r409 is the latest.

To use it though you'll have to set up the forwarder channel, and it will look into SD:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol so you can download r409 from the GX website, and rename it to boot.dol - see if that helps you out at all with your issue.

Posts merged

The one on the first page is using r366. r409 is the latest.

To use it though

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'm already using the forwarder channel, so updating should be a breeze.

I would need to compile it myself anyway, right? Which would suck. I'm searching for a precompiled version anyway though.

Nevermind, scored the pre-compiled, woot.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys can always check my sig for the latest version of Official channel and latest version of my channel.

Plus other goodies.
Bookmark my page and just check it out when you want a new rev.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is indeed rather impressive, I'd love to see it released to work off of these other loaders as an alternate way to view the titles. @_@;

Perhaps with USBLoader 1.5 since it seems that it plays all games with 0 problems. o.o;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.