Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
parental control problem

it worked fine, when the game settings were set in titles.txt

newer version use titles.txt only for renaming. the info about mature games is stored in an extra file.

using r409 i set all mature games to level 3. these games are shown in the config.file

but i can see all games when parental control = 1

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
How about rounding up the display of used/free space to the nearest GB ? (instead of 2 decimal places)

The 2 decimal places is not necessary but making unpleasant looking.

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Simple one...
maybe you are about to install a game with 3.8 gb and it displays 4 gb for the game. but free space on your hdd has 3.6 left and shows you 4 gb free. that would cause more problems than you think
tongue.gif
because many ppl would start asking and complaining about that
tongue.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
cyrex said:
Simple one...
maybe you are about to install a game with 3.8 gb and it displays 4 gb for the game. but free space on your hdd has 3.6 left and shows you 4 gb free. that would cause more problems than you think
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Then, why not 3 decimal places ?

self_slaughter

Trophies
XP
Country
dunno if this has been covered or not yet, can't be bothered going back through the forum pages, this thing grows too quick
smile.gif
but i tried out rev 403 last night and rev 409 just then but both still code dump if you press the home button in the settings menu.... but i have to say apart from that these newer revisions are starting to get pretty damn good
smile.gif
although i'm still not game enough to use it to rip games yet but then again i probably never will hehe

edit: i second the motion for loading discs through the loader
smile.gif
if i could run my game discs (wii and gamecube), and also get to the homebrew channel from this loader i could happily let preloader skip the sysmenu and cut straight into this
smile.gif

edit 2: scratch that, 409 code dumps every time i try to load a game... although i'm running it through homebrew channel of my hard drive as i broke my sd adapter
frown.gif
although the older version ran fine of the hard drive but bugger it... good thing i got a copy of 366 installed as a channel
smile.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
cyrex said:
Simple one...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I really hope this can be made customizable, because this is the only unpleasant part in the main menu.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a titles.txt anywhere on my SD card. Can you only rename games through the program? If so, keyboard support should be a top priority.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, yeah, I understand how to rename games through the program.

I'm saying that if that's the only method, they should include keyboard support, because it's horribly inefficient typing letters one by one with a Wiimote.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
cyrex said:
Simple one...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I really hope this can be made customizable, because this is the only unpleasant part in the main menu.
wtf? griping about a decimal place? Unpleasent? I cant beleive it. Man if I were you teentin I wouldnt use this crap of a loader at all.. man that decimal sucks so bad... i cant stands it! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starstremr said:
Innovative1 said:
How do I change the font color on the settings menu? I cannot find it anywhere on the wiki.

I believe you can not change it yet.

Well that sucks. I am using a black theme with black font. I'd like to change it to blue but I would settle for white. Any chance of releasing a white revision?

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
BlindDude said:
TeenTin said:
cyrex said:
Simple one...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

wtf? griping about a decimal place? Unpleasent? I cant beleive it. Man if I were you teentin I wouldnt use this crap of a loader at all.. man that decimal sucks so bad... i cant stands it! aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I forgive you.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif
the mario said:
Uh, yeah, I understand how to rename games through the program.

I'm saying that if that's the only method, they should include keyboard support, because it's horribly inefficient typing letters one by one with a Wiimote.
It was using titles.txt in SD:/config/. Is this not the case anymore?

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ConJ said:
Whats the difference between the 2 wad channels? Which is the best one to use?

One is embedded and one is a forwarder. As often as new revisions come out I would say that the forwarder is better. The forwarder looks in apps/usbloader_gx on your SD card for the boot.dol where the embedded channel installs to your Wii's (limited) memory. With the forwarder you can just swap out the .dol whenever a new rev comes out. With the channel it needs to be rebuilt each time. The channel does load about 8 seconds faster though. I can wait.

CorneliousJD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start by saying.

I'm new

1. New to GBATemp
2. New to Wii Modding
3. New to USB Loader GX

But I've been playing around with some things, and got USB Loader set up as a channel (forwarder) and I'm using the latest r409, so far so great and amazing. Right now I've been loading off a 4GB flash drive, and that's just not going to cut it... haha.

So here's my big plan:

To use a USB/IDE adapter. The harddrive itself is plugged directly into the wall, so there is NO spindowns. and then the IDE channel runs straight to the USB port on the Wii. I'm hoping this will work, and if it does I think it will reduce spindown problems and whatnot... at least thats what I'm hoping for.

Here's a mockup of my plan, which I'll be trying out later today (5PM EST)
I'll be sure to let you guys know my results.

erwqjd.jpg

LARGER IMAGE: http://i43.tinypic.com/zwgw39.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...