• Likes 48

babibel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Moose13 said:
I changed the setting fomr 0 to 3, doesn't seem to make any difference.
Is there a place where game ratings are defined?
I experienced some strange behaviors with the parental control option since the r366. Some code dump if titles.txt is present, or reset to 0 if i set it to 1, 2 or 3 (especially wih the last revisions with changes in the GXglobal.cfg saving)
DRayX7 actually works on this option, it could be safe to wait for its conclusions, before to use the option

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
like i said, its not fully done yet. wait untill hungy is back he knows best about that weird piece of code
tongue.gif

WiiFanAix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry guys, but it looks like my question (page 313) has remained unanswered, so I'll ask again :

WiiFanAix said:
Hi everybody,

Forgive me if this has been asked before (313 pages !!), but :

Will the USB Loader GX support multiple WBFS partitions on the same HD ?

I don't see it on the list of planned features, but I think it would be a great add-on. For example, let's assume that I've got a big HD and I have a small WBFS partition, the rest of the disk being FAT or NTFS for conventional data storage. If the small WBFS partition got full eventually, then I'd like to be able to create another WBFS partition which would be automatically recognized by the USB Loader GX.

Would that be feasible ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Daviii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Everyone
Congrats on making the most user friendly loader out there.it works perfect for me never had a probem just in case your in ireland and wondering which harddrive to buy i advise you to go for the buffalo drivestation 640gig its 80euro in argos works a charm no on off switch just comes alive when you turn on your wii and vice versa anyway my real question is why does the loader download all the covers all the time even if i only need a couple or is it just my problem

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
tj_cool said:
Moose13 said:
What do the four levels of parental control mean? (0-3)
I've posted this a few times in the past days, but the thread goes by so quick, it gets burried in a few mintues.
I just really want to block out all Mature rated games. Can this be done globally?
I changed the setting fomr 0 to 3, doesn't seem to make any difference.
Is there a place where game ratings are defined?
QUOTE# parentalcontrol = [0] 1 2 3
# 0 => Turn off parental control
# 1 => Only allow games with 0 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 2 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 to show up (in titles.txt)
# 3 => Only allow games with 0 or 1 or 2 to show up (in titles.txt)
# Example 1: In titles.txt, RMCE = Mario Kart, you would add = 1 (RMCE = Mario Kart = 1)
# If set to 1, this game would not be shown, the game would only be shown on 2 or 3, or with parental controls off
# Example 2: In titles.txt, RZZE = Madworld (No number is needed) (Mature Rating)
# If set to 1, 2, or 3, the game would not be shown, the game would only be shown with parental controls turned off
Thanks TJ.
So, if a game is mature rated, the loader knows already (such as Madworld)?
That would be great, so I don't have to adjust anything just to block mature rated games.
What it reads like to me is that if you want any parental controls, then you will have to set all the games that AREN'T mature with a number, which seems backwards, as there are certainly many more family friendly games than there are mature ones?

In other words, you're telling it which games to show, instead of which not to show, which seems backasswards, but I'm not a coder so perhaps this was the only/easy/lazy way to go?
wink.gif
Parental control off will show all games, obviously. If you set it to any other level, you're going to have to edit your entire titles.txt to give each game a rating, otherwise they will not show up.

Is this understanding correct? And if so, why is it like this instead of the other way around? i.e Parental Control Off = ALL games displayed (Mature Setting), Parental Control 1 = any games with 0 are NOT displayed (Teen), Parental Control 2 = any games with 0 or 1 are NOT displayed (Everyone 10+ or whatever), Parental Control 3 = any games with 0, 1 or 2 are NOT displayed (Everyone). So, only the games that you don't want someone playing for whatever reason need to be edited in titles.txt.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Daviii said:
my real question is why does the loader download all the covers all the time even if i only need a couple or is it just my problem

i don't have this problem , when i add a game on the hdd , the loader download only the missing cover
wink.gif

do you use the last revision (409) ?

waxlabo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
I installed Super Mario Galaxy off the DVD onto the loader but after I start it up it goes to a black screen, why is that?
i have black screen issues with some games also like mario kart wii but i am not sure why it is doing that. it could possibly be a missing ios.

JimmyG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've got a problem with my SD Card (8GB sdhc).

If I plug it in and start the USB GX Loader the GUI is loaded but without content. I can see the pointer and the background and nothing else. If I unplug the SD Card and start the r366 Channel it starts normally.

Checked r366 (channel) and r409 (with forwarder and using HBC).

Any suggestions on that? Thanks!

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFanAix said:
I'm sorry guys, but it looks like my question (page 313) has remained unanswered, so I'll ask again :

WiiFanAix said:
Hi everybody,

I don't see it on the list of planned features, but I think it would be a great add-on. For example, let's assume that I've got a big HD and I have a small WBFS partition, the rest of the disk being FAT or NTFS for conventional data storage. If the small WBFS partition got full eventually, then I'd like to be able to create another WBFS partition which would be automatically recognized by the USB Loader GX.

Would that be feasible ?

I have 2 partitions on my 250GB NDAS drive and both are working and have been for about the last month or so. 1 FAT32 for Movies (mplayer_ce) and 1 WBFS for Wii Game Backups.

SG

data0002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you guys will not add an auto update for the loader what about an auto update for the themes, saves having to keep checking to see if a theme has been updated

CorneliousJD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyrex said:
You are the first one i ever heard who had that problem ^^. It's kinda impossible to corrupt the wbfs drive when the covers are downloaded to your SD
smile.gif
. Maybe you are using that cIOS 222 or something else ... dunno... maybe the beta of rev11 of cIOS249
smile.gif

definately not. i mean the games are still THERE. the HD space is still used up, but USB Loader says games: 0 and so does WBFS manager for some reason, not sure why...

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SomeGuy2009 said:
WiiFanAix said:

WiiFanAix said:
Hi everybody,

Would that be feasible ?

I have 2 partitions on my 250GB NDAS drive and both are working and have been for about the last month or so. 1 FAT32 for Movies (mplayer_ce) and 1 WBFS for Wii Game Backups.

SG
Thank you so much for answering this, I just asked this in another thread.

Woot -runs away to go repartition his HDD-

devinlsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Rev 409 (boot.dol) on 4.0U. I am able to input the password and change my settings as I want. Then, I delete the password to keep from entering it in the future. How do I save these global settings? They reset back to default after I click back and load a game or click back and go to the Wii Menu. Thanks for the help.

braids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a problem that when I put games on my WD Passport drive via WBFS manager 2.5 and 3.0, USB Loader sees them but resets back to the homebrew channel. I reformatted the drive without anything and it doesn't resets. Only when I have a game on the drive that it resets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we all like nice things, sure, but I also want to keep money on the side
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd have the same mentality if money wasn't an object
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having a warped sense can happen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    reason i question myself, but not constantly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If I had Elon money sure I'd have a 20 bedroom home
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only that alone could make me happy, but nope
    :D
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spam account tried getting $10 off me I'm like you didn't have it last week you'll be fine
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i get spam links all the time, even through steam
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get same links from scammers posing as my steam friends
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know how to combat scammers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    traumatize them, send them a screamer vid first as a warning shot, then if that doesn't work, send them gore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just opened Amazon thinking it was my bank app may as well be
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I just opened Amazon thinking it was my bank app may as well be