• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US presidential election

Who are/did/would you vote for?

• Total voters

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: just to be a little more clear about this ... all your graph is showing is the rate at which jobs have been lost over the last several years. What your graph doesn't show is how many jobs are simultaneously being created. Jobs are always being lost at some rate, while people are also being hired at new jobs all the time too -- hopefully with more new jobs being created than jobs being lost. With your graph, all we see is how many jobs have been lost since 2007. We can't see how many people were getting new jobs during the same period. My guess ... not a hell of a lot.
Hanafuda, each and every way the Bureau of Labor Statistics measures unemployment is in decline. The causal relationship between the stimulus and declining unemployment numbers is evident. At the very least, no matter how one looks at it, to say Obama has made unemployment or the economy worse is a blatant lie that is unsupported by evidence.

UnemploymentRates.png

Once again, Ron Paul believe in states rights, but what you are saying however, i just past the realms of reality.
The reasons he wants to cut all those departments is that they pushes prices up and destroy the market, and close down states buisnesses, and thus not creating jobs.
The reason he doesn't support it a federal mandate, is that it would involve the federal government regulating states, and telling them what to do.
The problem is that Ron Paul's cuts would likely lead to an economic depression. His cuts would instantly cause at least a 7% cut to GDP. And that's just at first. His cuts would put a stop to many things that infuse the economy with money (unemployment, foods programs, etc).

And since you bring it up, a health insurance mandate is the only way a system without pre-existing conditions can exist, just for starters.

Unemployment is only going down because once you no longer receive unemployment, you are no longer considered unemployed.

Like here in Ohio unemployed went down from 7.9 to 7.7%, but payroll in the same time period went down 25,000. So how can unemployment go down and the number of people receiving a check also go down? Shouldn't if unemployment is going down, payroll numbers should be going up?

I am unemployed, but I am not being counted as such because my unemployment compensation ran out in Feb.
Actually, unemployment is going down because unemployment is going down. The market is getting better and jobs are being created. In my first chart, you are correct, you might not have been counted. But the trend still shows a better market, more jobs being created, less jobs being lost, and the causal relationship the stimulus had. The second chart I posted likely counted you in the total unemployment numbers, which is still going down.

Reactions: 1 person

Libertarian94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The middle class is almost wiped out and Ron Paul has had nothing to do with it.
The idea that his policies would be any worse for the middle class is ridiculous.
The devaluation of the dollar, over retulation, and debt of failed banks and corporations is getting transfered to the taxpayer, and is sucking the wealth of the middle class dry.
All because of government increasing, and spending like hell.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
The sad fact is that most Americans think that Black people are magical creatures when they are just human like they are.
what

Brits wouldn't understand b/c European racism and North American racism are very different.

As an American.....what?

All of America assumed that by Obama becoming predisent he would solve all of America's problems in one term like he's the Messiah or something.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
The sad fact is that most Americans think that Black people are magical creatures when they are just human like they are.
what

Brits wouldn't understand b/c European racism and North American racism are very different.

As an American.....what?

All of America assumed that by Obama becoming predisent he would solve all of America's problems in one term like he's the Messiah or something.
Hyro would know, since he's an american as well.

..Wait.

Reactions: 2 people

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The middle class is almost wiped out and Ron Paul has had nothing to do with it.
Ron Paul says he stands for the middle class, but Ron Paul focuses primarily on dismantling regulations that are in place to protect the middle class. The kind of privatization Ron Paul wants to do to make the government smaller only benefits the rich. Things the government does becomes for-profit, and that difference comes out of the pockets of the middle class.

The idea that his policies would be any worse for the middle class is ridiculous.
The fact that his major cuts to the federal government would definitely cause a significant decrease in GDP is enough to say that his policies would be worse for the middle class.

The devaluation of the dollar, over retulation, and debt of failed banks and corporations is getting transfered to the taxpayer, and is sucking the wealth of the middle class dry.
Not to say inflation isn't an issue, but the idea that we should move to gold and silver because their prices are constant is insane. They are hardly the model for price stability.

All because of government increasing, and spending like hell.
It is my opinion that there are some things that the federal government should be in charge of. For example, the private insurance industry is a farce. A public option would be much better for people. Before the Patient Protection Act, people died all the time because of profit motive in the health insurance industry. There are some things a government spends money on. That's what a government is for. And we pay taxes. That's how a government works. Government spending isn't inherently bad. I agree that the deficit is a problem; that's how spending is bad. But it's not just a spending issue. Ron Paul would balance the budget by slashing spending and slashing taxes. It would suck. All you need for a balanced budget is to cut a little bit of wasteful spending, such as decreasing military spending, and getting rid of the tax cuts for the filthy rich that have been proven to have close to no effect on the economy. None of the Republican candidates have a practical plan for deficit reduction, including Ron Paul.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WAIT WAIT WAIT

Since we're dragging Israel into this, didn't they announce they were going to attack Iran's nuke facility WITHOUT alerting us prior?

Edit: Yup, carry on. Source

i hope they do because if it were for obama he would wait after the elections and that would be too late Iran haves already say if they have the weapon they will use it on Israel

D

Deleted_171835

I really don't like Ron Paul's foreign policy. I think at this time it is most important to destroy Iran's nuclear facility, as they are a danger to the US, and Israel.
That's a great idea Jakob, starting WW3 would be just glorious now rather then later. I haven't seen any proof of a nuclear facility in Iran yet but I know for a fact that the US and Israel have gigantic ones. Sounds to me like they are trying to pull the same crap that got us to invade Iraq and we are gonna fall for It again, shame on us.
So why exactly do you think Iran has been looking for allies in South America. Such as Venezualla that is a huge ally of Iran, with this country Iran is able to ship its nuclear weapons(in the future) from Syria to Venezualla and launch an attack from there. Iran's allies will be China and Russia so I understand your point about WW3, but if we don't launch an attack by the summer of this year Iran will move its nuclear facilities underground which will make it impossible to find.
Do you really think Iran will attack another large nation that's capable of launching their own nukes?

That would result in the complete and utter annihilation of both Iran and whatever country they supposedly attack.
http://en.wikipedia....red_destruction

You're essentially saying that the US/Israel should launch an attack at Iran over something that they may or may not do in the future. That's completely idiotic.

what
As a Canadian, what? I don't know what kind of backwards city you live in.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't like Ron Paul's foreign policy. I think at this time it is most important to destroy Iran's nuclear facility, as they are a danger to the US, and Israel.
That's a great idea Jakob, starting WW3 would be just glorious now rather then later. I haven't seen any proof of a nuclear facility in Iran yet but I know for a fact that the US and Israel have gigantic ones. Sounds to me like they are trying to pull the same crap that got us to invade Iraq and we are gonna fall for It again, shame on us.
So why exactly do you think Iran has been looking for allies in South America. Such as Venezualla that is a huge ally of Iran, with this country Iran is able to ship its nuclear weapons(in the future) from Syria to Venezualla and launch an attack from there. Iran's allies will be China and Russia so I understand your point about WW3, but if we don't launch an attack by the summer of this year Iran will move its nuclear facilities underground which will make it impossible to find.
Do you really think Iran will attack another large nation that's capable of launching their own nukes?

That would result in the complete and utter annihilation of both Iran and whatever country they supposedly attack.
http://en.wikipedia....red_destruction

You're essentially saying that the US/Israel should launch an attack at Iran over something that they may or may not do in the future. That's completely idiotic.

what
As a Canadian, what? I don't know what kind of backwards city you live in.

Iran say already that they will do it

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd definitely vote for the first guy who would do the following.

1. bomb Iran and destroy their nuke program.
2. Pull all of our troops out of where ever the fuck they are and bring them home.
3. Take care of the fucken illegal immagrants. The ones that are here and are working and not in jail can stay the ones in jail go back where they came from. Seal off the fucken boarders afterwards. For the life of me they have more fucken rights than me.
4. Make all US territories decide if they want to be states or not. Give them one year to vote on it and if they decide they don't want to be states they get cut off and become their own nation.
5. No more birthright citizenship. If your parents aren't US citizens then your not either just because you were born on US soil.
6. Invest in our energy independence. We need to drill now but we also need to push forward with new Eco safe alternatives.

There is more but I'm tired of ranting.

I just also would like to add if a native American would ever run for office I'd vote for them in a heart beat.

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2. Pull all of our troops out of where ever the fuck they are and bring them home.
3. Take care of the fucken illegal immagrants. The ones that are here and are working and not in jail can stay the ones in jail go back where they came from. Seal off the fucken boarders afterwards. For the life of me they have more fucken rights than me.
4. Make all US territories decide if they want to be states or not. Give them one year to vote on it and if they decide they don't want to be states they get cut off and become their own nation.
5. No more birthright citizenship. If your parents aren't US citizens then your not either just because you were born on US soil.
6. Invest in our energy independence. We need to drill now but we also need to push forward with new Eco safe alternatives.

I just also would like to add if a native American would ever run for office I'd vote for them in a heart beat.
I don't really want to bomb iran. As much as I dislike them, that would get their supporters pissed off at us and we'd have another war on our hands. But I agree that we should get rid of their nuke program. The illegal immagrints don't need to go back home; they just need to go back to Ellis island and get in the back of the line and wait their turn.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States

Sounds to me like you would make a great dictator but the problem is your #1 conflicts with your #2 as any bombing of Iran would cause American troop deployment and massive blood shed in a distant land and not our borders.

If you where to release the immigrants in jail and send them back where they came from you'd first have to pay for that and what's to stop them returning again only this time wiser from being in jail with more weapons and more people they know.

The reason they have more rights then you is because the powers that be want them here to create the NAU plus they work cheap as a bonus to them.

Was also curious as to why US territories bother you so, most of them are little islands like the Virgin Islands, why would you want them to become States and why does It matter?

As far as U.S. citizenship goes, If you want to go that route your gonna have to kick everyone out of America and give the Indian's their land back because they are the true citizens and everyone else has occupied them and put them on reservation camps.
Makes me sick really and I would leave and give their land back to them If I had my way.

America could already have energy independence without oil but that goes against the plan's of the rich and powerful so they will always surpress that technology. They know about technology that would blow your mind that is between 20-50 years from where we are at now.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you can't read ALL OF what I posted and think about it for more than 2 seconds that's your problem.

If I had my way I'd leave too. I'd be on mars right now if it were possible slaying demon spawn.

Sorry if I'm being harsh I tired, sick, and at work right now so I can pay for some illegals jailhouse rent.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the ones in jail need to go home the ones that actual want to work can stay.

Why the hell do you want the ones in jail to go back home? That is just one of the most stupidest comments I have ever seen. Lets use a mexican for this example, if he kills someone should he go to jail for that? Yes. Now if we had to send them back to Mexico and let them be free, then wtf they just got away by killing someone and are free.

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the immigrants don't work, then they're out on the street. That's their problem. Our problem is registering them as citizens so that they CAN get jobs.
A bit off topic but: does anyone think that Newt Gingrich looks like the old guy from Up? I'm not trying to make fun of him I actually support him. I just noticed tht for some random reason...

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not have to use the death sentence. I'd be a kind and merciful dictator. I do believe in an eye for an eye tho.

I dont know about the guy from up but I think Newt is a big piece of shit tho.

Also nobody deserves to live on the street.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Republicans fighting for the nomination now are really a joke (yes, including Ron Paul). That's a shame, because a well versed and reasonable Republican candidate could do a lot to move the political conversation forward.

Is it sad when you legitimately miss Herman Cain's presence as a candidate?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can