Hacking US Brawl on Japanese Wii

DYE_Slayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a US Brawl iso and burned it onto a DL DVD. When i inserted it into my Jap wii it does not read. Then I modified the iso using Wiu 1.1 and changed the DVD region to Japan and Brick Blocked it and burned it. This time the Wii reads the dvd but then goes to a black screen when I try to play it. Luckily when I restarted the console it still reads my other backups. Anyone knows how to make it work? I only have 1 more DL and I want to know a definate way to make it work.

I have Wiikey 1.9g and 3.2J update.

DYE_Slayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I ran Jap brawl and updated. When i tried to play the game it gives me a 001 error. When I put in US brawl and try to play it it tells me to shut off the console. How do i fix this?

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DYE_Slayer said:
Ok so I ran Jap brawl and updated. When i tried to play the game it gives me a 001 error. When I put in US brawl and try to play it it tells me to shut off the console. How do i fix this?

Have you burnt the US SSBB on dual layer with the layer break mentinned on the wiki? If yes then maybe it's your media or you need to patch it using wii game patcher, although I barely touched the application. I think you need to take a .dol with trucha, then open it on wgp and click the patch 001 error button.

But it's more explained in details on the forum by people who actually used it more than me and got their errors fixed. I highly recommand to read in details the 5-6 last pages of the jpn wii thread I put on my previous post, everything you may need to know will be there.

DYE_Slayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy said:
Why not just play the JAP version?

I tried but I cant. I get a 001 game error.

devil_goalie said:
QUOTE(DYE_Slayer @ Mar 21 2008, 04:32 PM) Ok so I ran Jap brawl and updated. When i tried to play the game it gives me a 001 error. When I put in US brawl and try to play it it tells me to shut off the console. How do i fix this?

Have you burnt the US SSBB on dual layer with the layer break mentinned on the wiki? If yes then maybe it's your media or you need to patch it using wii game patcher, although I barely touched the application. I think you need to take a .dol with trucha, then open it on wgp and click the patch 001 error button.

But it's more explained in details on the forum by people who actually used it more than me and got their errors fixed. I highly recommand to read in details the 5-6 last pages of the jpn wii thread I put on my previous post, everything you may need to know will be there.
how do you layer break??

DYE_Slayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-r. i dont see the difference between the two..
I then burned it onto a DVD+rw, but it seems to work... still get a 001 error

mantorras

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DYE_Slayer said:
dvd-r. i dont see the difference between the two..
I then burned it onto a DVD+rw, but it seems to work... still get a 001 error
+RW? Really?

Well, to me +R DL works just fine with 1.9g, 3.2E, no layer break required. -R got me 001's.

devil_goalie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DYE_Slayer said:
well now im trying to wii scrub us brawl

also how do i layer break? i just burned the iso with imgburn...

Go to imgburn settings, in the write tab set the layer break to user specified to 2084960, then burn and hope for the best!

DYE_Slayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, trying now...

I made a dvd5 version and confirmed that wii games can run on dvd+rws!

it doesnt work
frown.gif
Maybe if i dont apply anything in wiu1.1 to the iso itll work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44