Hacking Gaming ROM Hack How to make modded wii games use different save files

Adv3rtize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have some games on my wii that ive wanted to play mods for, right now I'm playing mario galaxy 2 mods and my method of using the mod was to download the mod files, make a super mario galaxy 2 game dump, put the mod files in, and rebuild it into an iso, then into wbfs for usbloadergx (since I dont have wii discs) im trying to figure out how to make the modded game use a different save file from the original, and I changed the id of the game and it still uses og games save file. If I change both the save file folder names AND game id then I can get it to work on dolphin but as soon as I put it on my wii it and play it then it disables all sync with my wii remotes, once I resync them I open the game and it has a new save file but when I exit the game either the modded game is completely corrupted, or the original game is completely corrupted, and I have to reinstall whichever one that got corrupted. Does anyone know how to fix this? (Thanks for reading)

Last edited by Adv3rtize,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did that, it either used the og games save file still, or broke the game completely
Change Game ID and Title ID then.

Usually, changing Title ID breaks the game, which is why I suggested jusy Game ID.

Maybe try using pal or jap ID codes. Not sure though, if it'll be compatible with real hardware, do be careful with that.

Adv3rtize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Change Game ID and Title ID then.

Usually, changing Title ID breaks the game, which is why I suggested jusy Game ID.

Maybe try using pal or jap ID codes. Not sure though, if it'll be compatible with real hardware, do be careful with that.
When I changed the Title ID it didnt seem to change anything, also, what do you mean pal or jap ID codes?

Adv3rtize

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 game with different regions has a slightly different ID that it's usually the same with the exception of the last letter that determines it's region.
I looked online for the different region id's and galaxy 2 has only 4 (2 of which are already in use by my copy) is there a way to get more id's then this for all my galaxy mods?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto