these updates get better and better
yaynds.gif

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sir_Voe said:
You can load up the emulator and the game you want to play on one DS, then remove your flash card with the unit still on (the emulation will continue) then place it in the second DS, start nesDS, select the desired game and you're ready to connect
wink.gif
!
Nice one mate... wouldn't have thought to try that, good find thanks.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
does nesDS support IPS patching on-the-fly yet? its a great feature that nestopia added and it allows you to keep your roms unaltered. populate a list of an /IPS directory, pick the IPS file and then pick the rom.

-another world

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
With 50a i can't load any game, all games crashed in a red error log screen.
Also, how Ni-Fi works? Need 2 DS games with flashcard and connect or can work via DS Download Play?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TyRaNtM said:
Also, how Ni-Fi works? Need 2 DS games with flashcard and connect or can work via DS Download Play?
You would need nesDS in both devices...

But, you could do what Sir_Voe told too..
QUOTE(Sir_Voe @ May 7 2011, 09:28 PM) You can load up the emulator and the game you want to play on one DS, then remove your flash card with the unit still on (the emulation will continue) then place it in the second DS, start nesDS, select the desired game and you're ready to connect
wink.gif
!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
With 50a i can't load any game, all games crashed in a red error log screen.

No, you need to start it from a flash cart on both systems and load the game (whether with 2 flash carts or using the swap trick. The only way it could work via download play is with the Wifime exploit, which only works on certain very early fat DS systems (or any DS fat/lite with Flashme installed). It most likely would never be able to work on a DSi/3DS.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what type are your guys ds's? i hope your not using 3DS cause that may be the reason. on my old phat model it works fine and also it works on my cyclon ds evo and my supercard two. so maybe you guys should tell us what ds's you guys are using.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
what type are your guys ds's? i hope your not using 3DS cause that may be the reason. on my old phat model it works fine and also it works on my cyclon ds evo and my supercard two. so maybe you guys should tell us what ds's you guys are using.

Works fine on my DSi XL and DSTwo (Running as a plugin) and also works fine on a DS Lite with an Acekard 2i (fully updated with 1.8.6a and the 3ds firmware) though I have not tried multiplayer yet.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Works fine on my DSi XL and DSTwo (Running as a plugin) and also works fine on a DS Lite with an Acekard 2i (fully updated with 1.8.6a and the 3ds firmware) though I have not tried multiplayer yet.
right, running as extlink is working... browser isn't working though.
I think some change in romloader.c in r63 causes problem.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
avenir said:
nl255 said:
Not the same thing. extlink is for Moonshell2.
Running on a DSTwo 'as a plugin', to the best of my knowledge, means it is set up as an icon.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
avenir said:
nl255 said:
Not accurate yet. Some people tell me there was no help with moonshell2.
I met with this problem before. When I changed the rom_max_size to a small one, it worked again. Maybe the memory is running out....

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
avenir said:
nl255 said:
Not the same thing. extlink is for Moonshell2.
Running on a DSTwo 'as a plugin', to the best of my knowledge, means it is set up as an icon.

Yes, it is similar to running as a shortcut in AKAIO. It is no different than running it normally (as if it were a commercial ROM or other homebrew), it boots into the file browser and lets you select a NES game to play. I could try to run it on my old R4 with the old official 1.18 OS, assuming I could find my old fat DS but other than that I don't know what to say other than it works perfectly (except for the usual save state incompatibility with previous versions, thankfully a Castlevania sram hack came out).

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
huiminghao said:
0.50a2 is released, if your nesDS did not work well, try it...

Thank YOU very much 0.50a update runs ok in my dstwo ! it even fixed my Adventures of Lolo 2 rom that didn´t run on original version.
cool.gif

EDIT : Running 0.50a2 from dstt is even better, red guru meditation screens are GONE! and games run smoothly
ohmy.gif

Nifi playing YOSHI again is priceless
grog.gif

Thank you very much again

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome build, runs great as a Moonshell ext package. Are we ok to include this version in MAIO?

Edit: Woops! spoke too soon. Punch Out has corrupted graphics and sound. The old version with MAIO (nes.nesds.nds) seems to work better at the moment.

bladesman582

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet, but is it possible to fix the audio compatibility of Akumajo Densetsu (the Japanese version of Castlevania III, which had a VRC6 chip)? It'd be awesome to play this version on a portable system, but as of now, the audio seems kinda wonky with the current build of nesDS.

Regardless, thanks for updating the emulator so frequently!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mantis41 said:
Edit: Woops! spoke too soon. Punch Out has corrupted graphics and sound. The old version with MAIO (nes.nesds.nds) seems to work better at the moment.
You're wrong... Punch-Out works completely 100% fine on my side.
Huiminghao added a setting that you need to change for certain games (well, games that didn't work previously). Try going to the 'Display' tab on the touch-screen menu, and selecting the soft mode, and try Punch-Out again.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Mantis41 said:
You're wrong... Punch-Out works completely 100% fine on my side.
Huiminghao added a setting that you need to change for certain games (well, games that didn't work previously). Try going to the 'Display' tab on the touch-screen menu, and selecting the soft mode, and try Punch-Out again.
Thank's YaMii. I probably should have read more of this post. Works perfect now, I just renamed it to nes.nesds.nds and threw it and the .ini file into the EXT folder and it runs great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1