Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

D

Deleted-236924

If the original v0.50a worked fine on my DSTwo, would it be worth upgrading to v0.50a2?

manxbox said:
joe mac does not work the game.
That's because you lost it.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maybe I'm blind, but is there some sort of readme out there for present iterations?

Most pertinent to me, how to use the cheat function?

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
choconado said:
maybe I'm blind, but is there some sort of readme out there for present iterations?
There actually is a 'Help' on nesDS0.5x, click the 'About' bar and then change the number of tips...
I assume that everyone who use the new nesDS(EX) would have touched the original nesDS. They are almost the same..
If there is some useful info here, I will add it into the next release.

Or you should check the README.TXT of this project on sf.net.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of being able to turn off the trigger shortcuts? They're handy on the face of things sure, but I find all too often accidentally triggering them while playing the Mega Man games while nesDS.

As said, they're handy, but they also end up getting in the way of my ability to play the games I am most into.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
codezer0 said:
Any chance of being able to turn off the trigger shortcuts? They're handy on the face of things sure, but I find all too often accidentally triggering them while playing the Mega Man games while nesDS.

As said, they're handy, but they also end up getting in the way of my ability to play the games I am most into.
Of course. Just delete the nesDS.ini file, or you can define your own short-cuts in this file.
BUT some short-cuts can only be changed, not deleted. e.g. change disk when playing FDS games. They are 'KEY_RBUTTON + DPAD' by default, only can be changed or disabled.
set a '0' value to the short-cuts string will disable it.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
choconado said:
There actually is a 'Help' on nesDS0.5x, click the 'About' bar and then change the number of tips...
I assume that everyone who use the new nesDS(EX) would have touched the original nesDS. They are almost the same..
If there is some useful info here, I will add it into the next release.

Or you should check the README.TXT of this project on sf.net.

Huh. An "About" section that actually tells more than author and version info. First time I've seen one since say, 93.

I probably sound stupid (mostly because I am) but I still don't see any instructions on how the cheat function works...

Otherwise, you're a hero to emulator uses everywhere!

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I LOVE the new multiplayer feature. It's a DREAM COME TRUE! THANKS BRO!!!

I have a few new things I would like to request:

*Mic support, maybe? Like, for the old Famicom games that used it in the original controllers. Is that possible?

*Mapper Support for the Final Fantasy VII pirate (is this done already? My copies won't work)

*Auto-IPS patching would be cool.

*Touch Screen Support for Light Gun games (I Know, you already have gotten this request I am just typing everything I can think of).

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for all your hard work on this emulator, it is the BEST emulator ever made for any handheld. I am eternally grateful.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ChrisMCNBVA said:
where is the download for this?
Is it that hard to find? It's on the GBAtemp frontpage.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nesds/

huiminghao: I was wondering if you could fix something for Super Mario 3. In the SP-pertile mode, there are layering issues. Per-Frame mode fixes some of the layer issues, but causes graphic corruption on the inventory menu. The Pure-Soft mode fixes all the layer issues, but the frameskip is noticable.
Can you either fix the layering issues on at least one of the render modes, or maybe lower the frameskip on the Pure-soft mode? Thank you.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
manxbox said:
joe mac bug early in the game please check
Nobody knows what game you're talking about. You didn't even put the whole game's name.

I tried looking it up and it seems you're looking for a game called 'Joe and Mac'. What's so hard about putting the word 'and'?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Schlupi said:
*Mapper Support for the Final Fantasy VII pirate (is this done already? My copies won't work)
Dunno what you mean by "mapper support", but FF7 runs pretty perfect here (not far in the game, just fell down the church)

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Schlupi said:
*Mic support, maybe? Like, for the old Famicom games that used it in the original controllers. Is that possible?
*Auto-IPS patching would be cool.
*Touch Screen Support for Light Gun games (I Know, you already have gotten this request I am just typing everything I can think of).
1 mic, does it really matter?
2 e....
3 Maybe. I want to add a datebase to correct the headers of roms first... you can patch the rom file before you drag it onto your flashcard...
4 I'd like that... BUT maybe hard. The timing of nesDS when emulating nes is not that accurate.. If I find a way, I can try....
As I said in the README.TXT, I want to fix the FDS sound first..
IMO, fixing the bugs of playing and adding new mappers is the most important thing now. Because it will make more games playable.

QUOTE(YayMii @ May 10 2011, 06:41 AM) huiminghao: I was wondering if you could fix something for Super Mario 3. In the SP-pertile mode, there are layering issues. Per-Frame mode fixes some of the layer issues, but causes graphic corruption on the inventory menu. The Pure-Soft mode fixes all the layer issues, but the frameskip is noticable.
Can you either fix the layering issues on at least one of the render modes, or maybe lower the frameskip on the Pure-soft mode? Thank you.
I tried to fix that, but failed.. Super Mario 3 will change the layers of tiles when a tile is being drawing/fetched, which makes the 'SP-pertile' not work that well. If we want to fix it, we must check out when the tiles change and that will make it like a pure-soft rendering way... I'm sorry about the 'frameskip thing'. In case some people have a DSi, which is more advanced than DS, I will make a option to allow them to set the frameskip to a lower value.. It does NOT mean that I dont want to improve that, BUT not able to now... I though about some other rendering ways, but none of them would be perfect. I think PURE-SOFT is good enough.

That is a huge challenge for me to make a perfect NES emulator on NDS.... I never though about that.. Just enjoy it~

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Thread too long to read the whole thing.

Haven't tried the new version yet, so can you post how to activate the Ni-Fi multi-player? Can you start it at any time in the game? Pics would be nice.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Fishaman P said:
Thread too long to read the whole thing.
Haven't tried the new version yet, so can you post how to activate the Ni-Fi multi-player? Can you start it at any time in the game? Pics would be nice.
If you dont have any bug/request on nesDS, you dont need to read through this thread.
About the Ni-fi. First, you need to download the latest nesDS 0.50a2. Second, the two people load the same nes game. Third, 1P click 'As a host' under the 'NiFi' bar, the other one click the 'As a guest'. Then the connection is done....
When you want to disconnect, just click 'Close Nifi'. More info, see the 'About' of nesDS.
Good luck~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi