Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Godson777 said:
Wut the heck is the Ni-Fi Multiplayer? How does it work? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!
Ni-fi is local wireless multiplayer. There's an option in the menu to host/join a game, so if you have 2 DSes with nesDS on each, then you can play multiplayer.
If you only have 1 flashcart, it will still work if you remove the flashcart from the DS after the ROM is loaded (meaning that you can play multiplayer that way rather than having to use 2 flashcarts).

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
manxbox said:
please check this game joe and mac nes.
Stop posting the same thing.... I will try it.... Not sure if it will be fixed.
After a while of debugging, I see what has happened. When 'joe and mac' is executing a 'RET' instruction, there may be a h-blank interrupt happened, and that will ruin the normal flow of this game...
I'm not sure if it will be totally fixed, but I can find a way to play it. Before you start the game, keep pressing START_KEY quickly, and that will get rid of the impact caused by the 'RET' and interrupt... If you failed, press 'BUTTION_L' to rewind and try it again.
Good luck to you~

PS:I am not sure if there is any other game suffers from this condition... Maybe I should fix it....

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, Stupid Me is back. I've discovered after updating that I have no idea how to use my previous save states, now that there's multiple slots on the menu...

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
choconado said:
well, Stupid Me is back. I've discovered after updating that I have no idea how to use my previous save states, now that there's multiple slots on the menu...
The former save states are named gamename.ss0, which is related to the slot0 states of 0.50a. Just try load it..
If it does not work, just keep the original version...

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
Schlupi said:
*Mapper Support for the Final Fantasy VII pirate (is this done already? My copies won't work)
Dunno what you mean by "mapper support", but FF7 runs pretty perfect here (not far in the game, just fell down the church)

I meant mapper support for whatever mapper that the game uses, since it's an obscure pirate game it wasn't working for me.

NOW it is though. I updated to the "a2" revision and everything is fine. YAY! I may finally play this now.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Flamestar666 said:
So, is the slow menu fixed yet? (haven't updated in a while)
It's fixed, to an extent. nesDS now caches the list, so it doesn't take as long when opening the ROM menu from a game.
I have no idea if it made a difference with changing folders or when booting the emulator.

choconado

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
choconado said:
The former save states are named gamename.ss0, which is related to the slot0 states of 0.50a. Just try load it..
If it does not work, just keep the original version...

hmm. The old version save state files are in *.ss format. I change it to *.ss0, and nothing. It's like they aren't there.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
YayMii said:
Flamestar666 said:
So, is the slow menu fixed yet? (haven't updated in a while)It's fixed, to an extent. nesDS now caches the list, so it doesn't take as long when opening the ROM menu from a game.
I have no idea if it made a difference with changing folders or when booting the emulator.

nesDS only caches the current file list. If changed to a different dir/folder, the cache will be flushed.
It may be impossible to reduce the time when loading a new folder... It is handled by the libfat...

QUOTE(choconado @ May 12 2011, 10:44 AM)
hmm. The old version save state files are in *.ss format. I change it to *.ss0, and nothing. It's like they aren't there.
The names of the savestate and rom file must be the same, except the extension. Case sensitive.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perhaps time to combine libelm to nesDS, which is better than libfat...
Hopefully nesDS doesn't have homebrew loader, so no issues will happen.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
The names of the savestate and rom file must be the same, except the extension. Case sensitive.
Bah, just use strcasecmp()... Case sentive usage of fat is bad idea (this is what I was told by davemurphy)

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
avenir said:
perhaps time to combine libelm to nesDS, which is better than libfat...
Hopefully nesDS doesn't have homebrew loader, so no issues will happen.
Haa~ I want to stop the updating for another while, can you add it to nesDS? Can the libfatex be replaced?

Can anyone help translating the 'nesds_help.doc' on sf.net?
I have written some information into that document. I want the help info to be translated to different languages. I also add the English info to it and anyone can re-write it.

avenir, could you translate it into Japanese?

Thanks in adv.

choconado

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
choconado said:

Well I thought the older versions did too. I'll have to check later, as I have a pretty full plate today.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is good you removed malloc again.
I keep nesds r62 as a stable version in nesdswrap, but now latest version should be also stable...

BTW which is faster, less() or (official) strcasecmp()?

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
avenir said:
It is good you removed malloc again.
I keep nesds r62 as a stable version in nesdswrap, but now latest version should be also stable...
BTW which is faster, less() or (official) strcasecmp()?
I did not know if the .bss section of assembly will work well. When I knew it does, I removed the malloc function.. Now there is a clear mem region upper 0x2390000.
Tell me if the r66 on sf.net does not work well. Sometime some files are missed..
less() and strcasecmp() almost do the same. To get the next file info in the current folder will take a lot of time. We can think that less() and strcasecmp() cost no time.

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In only 2 months you made a fantastic progress with NesDS
smile.gif
0.3 version was very crapy, but I was using it because I haven't any alternative. Then you arriver and made many great updates
wub.gif

You fixed touchscreen, added many games support, Ni-Fi multiplayer, better sound quality, multi save slots and many many more :)And that took you only 2 months! I'm proud, when I'm using NesDS. Thanks to you huiminghao!!!

I'm very impatiently waiting for new updates
smile.gif
And i can't imagine what happen to NesDS in next 2 months, yikes!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you wanna commit suicide just drink prime