Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

manxbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
perdoneme no se hablar en ingles pero quiero contarles que en las tmnt3 hay un bug en el nivel 2 en la parte del barco se queda pegado y no avanza me gustaria que lo arreglaran para poder pasar el juego en la nesds.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
manxbox said:
perdoneme no se hablar en ingles pero quiero contarles que en las tmnt3 hay un bug en el nivel 2 en la parte del barco se queda pegado y no avanza me gustaria que lo arreglaran para poder pasar el juego en la nesds.
Habla Inglés o utilizar Google Translate
On-toppic: Please speak English!
Translation:
forgive me not speak English but I want to tell you that in the tmnt3 there is a bug in the level 2 on the boat is stuck and not progressing like it I managed to get through the game in the nesds.

manxbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I tell you that in the tmnt3 there is a bug in the level 2 on the boat is stuck and not progressing like it I managed to get through the game in the nesds 0.48a.

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, is there a possibility to make nesds run properly Wily & Light no Rockboard - That's Paradise ? after the character select screen the graphics are all messed up
unsure.gif

BTW you're doing a fantastic job with nesds,buddy
biggrin.gif
cheers!

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huminghao, I have one question for you, but it is not about adding features or mappers, or anything like that.

Why did you drop out of the homebrew bounty?

You have worked FAR harder than many of the developers who have entered (not to put down other hard-working coders) and have added things to NESDS people have been asking for since....well, since when NESDS was first released! I think nobody deserves some kind of reward for their hard dev work on the DS more than you. Heck, i'd have voted for ya.

So....why?

If you're not comfortable saying, that's all right, but I have to wonder why you'd prevent yourself from receiving a possible payoff for all of your hard work besides the thanks of the community.

manxbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
there is a bug in joe mac nes when the game starts where it leaves the
cavemen entering his hut becomes joe and jump many times and
I can not start and no trouble playing the game begins. (nesds v0.48a)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
huiminghao said:
nl255 said:
I have a few requests. First, the change rendering hotkey only switches between per-scanline and per-frame, please add the psoft renderer to the list of things that hotkey cycles through. Second, please add support for changing the hotkeys to change the screen (L+Up and L+Down) to the .ini file. Finally, if possible consider adding auto frameskip (and speedhack) support to the software renderer rather than always using a frameskip of 3.
Oh, and thanks for another great release.
1. Ok.
2. Ok.
3. I think frameskip 3 is the best value now. Auto frameskip would not work well when you really need a soft-render. Speedhack... If a game never checked the sprite0 hit flag or interrupts mid-frame, then the speedhack is useful, BUT the soft-render is unnecessary because those games are too simple to use it.

As for the speedhacks, I was just thinking back to PocketNES and how much they helped with most games. I am not sure how PocketNES did speedhacks or if that approach would help with Startropics and Punch Out. You wouldn't happen to know what PocketNES did for it's speedhacks (the one where you start playing the game and select the "detect speedhack" option in the menu) by any chance?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, not too much left to improve. I did hope for an option in the .ini to default scaling to full screen, but I found the value in the source files and set it that way so I'm satisfied. I'm sure most would prefer your default: less squashed display, over seeing those few rows of cutoff pixels on the edge, but IMO with the sprite scaling you added it's not really that bad at all. I recall you mentioned making sprite scaling a seperate menu selection. Do you still intend to?
I guess the main thing that stands out to me is that there's still some cracling in the dpcm sounds, but it's hardly a big deal. I guess it's probably just beyond the DS's abilities to cleanly emulate those sounds.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I discovered that Alien Syndrome and Rocket Ranger both don't work. Alien Syndrome will occasionally scramble the graphics or black out backgrounds. Rocket Ranger sits at a black screen and will not boot. Obviously, I have tried all the various configurations I could think of to get them to run, but nothing helps.

Rocket Ranger hasn't worked for as long as I can remember, but I swear Alien Syndrome USED to be playable at some point.

Flamestar666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
I don't really want anything else apart from the fix for the slow menus.

I'd like FDS sound, but if it takes a while I don't mind if you don't put it in.
This

For the love of god this.

shaosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using an ancient M3 Lite Perfect (from 2006) and I'm getting "device failed" upon startup. Is this version compiled for ds.gba?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shaosam said:
I am using an ancient M3 Lite Perfect (from 2006) and I'm getting "device failed" upon startup. Is this version compiled for ds.gba?

I have a similar flashcart, and most versions of NESDS don't work with it.

Get an R4, costs $6, and is totally worth it for the NDS ROM and Homebrew (including this NESDS, which I have tried on it) compatibility. Install wood though.

I use a DSTWO, but I have a wood-compatible R4 and M3 Perfect micSD (even MORE ancient!) too.

shaosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this thing for 5 years now, and it's served me well. It's run pretty much every single piece of homebrew I've thrown on it, including every other version of nesDS. This is the only version of nesDS I've ever had a problem running, so I'm quite at a loss as to why it won't work.

ChrisTheEmpoleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this would be possible, due to the large file size, but there is a translated version of the Final Fantasy 7 NES pirate. However, when I go into MoonShell and run it with nesDS, the emulator starts, but nothing happens.

I would very much like it if someone could fix this problem in a later update.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Shake your Wiimote for extra points!