Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
First, I'd like to thank you for fixing the touch screen controls, and just keeping nesDS updates alive!
biggrin.gif
Others and I really, really appreciate it.

Things I'd like to see:

Some sort of light gun support (Probably touchscreen)

Multiple save slots (Others have said this, too)

And lastly, possibly more filter options?

Thanks again!

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flamestar666 said:
YayMii said:
I don't really want anything else apart from the fix for the slow menus.

I'd like FDS sound, but if it takes a while I don't mind if you don't put it in.
This

For the love of god this.
Huh. Your avatar. Is that...Sonic the Slowpoke?

On topic, what is FDS sound?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Flamestar666 said:
YayMii said:

I'd like FDS sound, but if it takes a while I don't mind if you don't put it in.
This

specialized sound the Famicom Disk System used.

here's an example of FDS sound in "Legend Of Zelda" FDS version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBEkwRTFfHw The bells and some parts of the melody are FDS sound that doesn't work in NESDS yet.

and from this, LOZ2, the tinkling at the beginning is FDS sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQQednacDek...feature=related

Flamestar666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Flamestar666 said:
YayMii said:

This

Problem?
megapoke.jpg

on topic: The only reason I complain about the slow menu is because it takes about 5 minutes to load up all the roms. So it's like, I better be damn sure I want to play that game, because I'm not going to be able to switch for at least 5 minutes.

I can live without the sounds to be honest

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Another feature I would like to see added --

I noticed the Super Mario World (Hack) does not work. It is a romhack of Super Mario that is designed after the prototype Super Mario World for the NES.

I don't know which mapper it uses, but I would like to see that working too. If I need any other info, I can try to provide it (Header, file size, patch, etc).

Thanks for all your hard work.

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Another feature I would like to see added --

I noticed the Super Mario World (Hack) does not work. It is a romhack of Super Mario that is designed after the prototype Super Mario World for the NES.

I don't know which mapper it uses, but I would like to see that working too. If I need any other info, I can try to provide it (Header, file size, patch, etc).

Thanks for all your hard work.

Hey, are you referring to Super Mario World (Unl) by Somari/Someri team or a SMB/3 hack? (I hear protoype SMW was more like smb3) I've not come across the latter, if that's which one you're referring to.

If it's a mario 1 hack, there's a certain driver in some emus that causes it to start at world 0-1. Is that the issue?
If not, what happens?

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
First, I'd like to thank you for fixing the touch screen controls, and just keeping nesDS updates alive! biggrin.gif Others and I really, really appreciate it.

Things I'd like to see:

Some sort of light gun support (Probably touchscreen)

Multiple save slots (Others have said this, too)

And lastly, possibly more filter options?

Thanks again!

this!

thanx for updating this emulator , i've used it almost every day for 2 years and just found your updating it! thank you for your work, i love this emulator!!

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, could you support these roms?

Big Nose Caveman - Game has graphic glitches and when you press twice select you are dying.
Big Nose Freak Out - Game doesn't launch after intro
The Fantastic Adventure of Dizzy - Graphic glitches similar to Big Nose Caveman
Micro Machines - Graphic glitches in menu
Binary Land - Horrible music

168 in 1 - Doesn't launch

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MORTAL KOMBAT II! I am so obsessed with that game that I have the SNES and GB version of it! Now I want the NES one to work. Also, a few hacks of SMB do not work on the emu, such as Peach's Nightmare, so please check that.

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dariusxq said:
Hi, could you support these roms?

Big Nose Caveman - Game has graphic glitches and when you press twice select you are dying.
Big Nose Freak Out - Game doesn't launch after intro
The Fantastic Adventure of Dizzy - Graphic glitches similar to Big Nose Caveman
Micro Machines - Graphic glitches in menu
Binary Land - Horrible music

168 in 1 - Doesn't launch

For me, Binary Land doesn't have "horrible" music. The music is fine for me on R4. For another flashcart, it may have problems, but I only have an R4...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Crystalis freezes up after leaving the first screen with the stasis chamber, though the rom menu is still accessable.

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
helloworld12321 said:
MORTAL KOMBAT II! I am so obsessed with that game that I have the SNES and GB version of it! Now I want the NES one to work. Also, a few hacks of SMB do not work on the emu, such as Peach's Nightmare, so please check that.

MK II NES is a really bad unlicensed pirate. You know that, right?

Anyway, it uses a different mapper, and huminghao said he wouldn't be adding new mappers for a while because his free time due to a chinese holiday ran out.

The SMB hacks don't work: Can you clarify that? Do they Start on world 0-1 or is it another error? If it's the world 0-1 thing that's a common emulation bug for SMB1 romhacks, and should not be hard to fix (I thought that was fixed already?)

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Don't know if this is requested yet or not, but I can't be botherd to read through 32 pages to find out, so anyway, since it has a rewinding feature in it, encase you make mistakes, via the L button, which no other emulators have, it would be great for making TAS's, so would it be possible to have a record feature? I know it's asking alot, but it would be great to save movies onto your SD card and upload them to youtube. Rewinding is much easyer then save states, and the DS is much easyer to play then a keyboard, so it would be just perfect!

ShinyJellicent12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
helloworld12321 said:

MK II NES is a really bad unlicensed pirate. You know that, right?

Anyway, it uses a different mapper, and huminghao said he wouldn't be adding new mappers for a while because his free time due to a chinese holiday ran out.

The SMB hacks don't work: Can you clarify that? Do they Start on world 0-1 or is it another error? If it's the world 0-1 thing that's a common emulation bug for SMB1 romhacks, and should not be hard to fix (I thought that was fixed already?)
Really? I had no idea... thank god you saved me before I downloaded it.... Also, some hacks start on World 0-1, while some don't load at all (e.g. Peach's Nightmare, Yoshi's Quest)...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Dann Woolf said:
nl255 said:
Crystalis freezes up after leaving the first screen with the stasis chamber, though the rom menu is still accessable.

Works fine for me, bro.

Try starting a new game and then going down off the first screen. It works ok for me until you try to leave the cave where you start. If that works for you, would you mind giving me the md5/crc32 of the rom you are using so I can be sure I have the right one?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For SMB hacks that start at 0-1, simply hold (the NES's) A button while you press Start.

EDIT: I should mention that this works on the original NES DS at least. I do not know about this modification.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper