Hacking Update 10.4 and Homebrew: What you need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

mathew87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the updated save image has been released yet, you may have to build one yourself. If you were previously using oot3d on 10.3, you should know to always update payloads of your entry points before updating your firmware to prevent issues like this.

can you please help me make me a save image or help me how to update my payload please and thank you

LarBob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, here's confirmation that OoT3DHax works perfectly on O3DS consoles as well.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you please help me make me a save image or help me how to update my payload please and thank you
Afraid I can't help you there, I don't know how to build the save image. To update the payload you either need to build a new save image with a USB save dongle or already have access to HBL. Typically you want to update payloads before updating your console, if you have the game/entry point before the update.

Hey, how do I MANUALLY update the payload for OOTHAx ?
Either already have access to HBL and reinstall from the sploit installer, or build a save image using the correct payload and put it onto the cart using a USB save dongle. If you have the entry point before updating, you typically want to update payload before updating firmware.

Trixcalibur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, I have a problem : OOTHax is not longer working on my sysNAND. It's frezzing then reboot at "The homemenu ropbin is ready". It started to happen afetr I update my EmuNAND to 10.4 on a Old3DS. How can I fix that ? Thanks

EDIT : I find it by myself

Last edited by Trixcalibur,

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, so what's this talk about downgrading from 10.3 to 9.2 using some tool and the memchunkhax?

I haven't had time to read all the latest hax stuff, but as far as I knew the only way to downgrade was to have made a hardmod save of your nand and rewrite it if an update wasn't to your liking.

I have an O3DS on 10.3 at the moment and found out about the update while going to the eshop to check a game on sale and decided to see what it affected... after reading all this, I'm almost feeling like just putting on emunand so I don't have to worry about it as much while still having the ability to do any of the hax stuff I might feel like trying later.

EDIT: I actually did create a hardmod save when I was on 9.4 just before updating to 9.5 and losing the first browserhax... I had no idea there was new browserhax stuff after that patch.

Last edited by DChronos,

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey all, so what's this talk about downgrading from 10.3 to 9.2 using some tool and the memchunkhax?

I haven't had time to read all the latest hax stuff, but as far as I knew the only way to downgrade was to have made a hardmod save of your nand and rewrite it if an update wasn't to your liking.

I have an O3DS on 10.3 at the moment and found out about the update while going to the eshop to check a game on sale and decided to see what it affected... after reading all this, I'm almost feeling like just putting on emunand so I don't have to worry about it as much while still having the ability to do any of the hax stuff I might feel like trying later.

EDIT: I actually did create a hardmod save when I was on 9.4 just before updating to 9.5 and losing the first browserhax... I had no idea there was new browserhax stuff after that patch.

Get reading: http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

But yeah, downgrade is possible from 9.3-10.3 to 9.2 and below.

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not just with emuNAND? And does it still act like your original 3DS with it's proper ID? I recall something about every 3DS has its own ID that's also used for the encryption which was a reason downgrade wasn't possible for your own 3DS using someone else's backup.

It's perfect. It can take you a while to downgrade (doesn't work in the first try), but after that it's perfect.
You are able to create an emuNAND and have a CFW installed.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a problem. i have a n3ds sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.4. i have menuhax installed and gateway coldboot via ctrbootmanager. i also have chmm2 2.5 (to install custom themes on menuhax) but when i change theme it doesnt change.
it worked without ctrbootmanager.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Thank you!

Can I still install custom themes on 10.4 too? I know menuhax has been patched, but I'm wondering if it's just the entry point that was patched.
Until nintendo changes the way themes work (which likely will be never) you will be able to install custom themes. Themes read data from the the sd card, which you can install custom info to. Nintendo can patch exploits that allow this theme data to carry extra data to load homebrew, but they can't really block installing custom themes at this point.
And yes I have tested on 10.4, custom themes still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk