Not open for further replies.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My friend's 3DS it's a FW 9.9
He wants do downgrade but Internet Browser says it's need update system first before using it.

There is anything we can do?

He has a New Supermario edition (red one with Mario and luigi printed) comes with FW8.1 and got a Super Smash Bross game.
SSB updates it to 9.9

So he is lost or there is a holpe?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
He wants do downgrade but Internet Browser says it's need update system first before using it.

He has a New Supermario edition (red one with Mario and luigi printed) comes with FW8.1 and got a Super Smash Bross game.
SSB updates it to 9.9

That's strange. My 10.3 nags me to update, but the browser, and browserhax, works just fine.

You may have to find another way in (oothax or ninjhax), but even then you have one shot at a downgrade. If you do anything wrong or are unlucky and softbrick, you'll have to recover with 10.4, and there's no downgrade from there.

That said, I was extra careful, and I got it in my first try.

markh78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mmm, ended up being one of the fools who had no choice but to upgrade to 10.4.
Well, the good news is that ninjhax does indeed still work on jp n3ds on 10.4, so I still have access to emu and save editor which is all I need.
The bad news is I get error installing menuhax, so it's a bit inconvenient needing Cubic Ninja cart to run hbl.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SSB updates it to 9.9

If you could use another way to access HBL, you could downgrade using sysUpdater. With no CFW and no access to HBL, there really is no way to bypass that. You would need Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time 3d, or another entry point already set up. Cubic ninja is the easiest way, but is also expensive to get a copy of that.

That's strange. My 10.3 nags me to update, but the browser, and browserhax, works just fine.

You may have to find another way in (oothax or ninjhax), but even then you have one shot at a downgrade. If you do anything wrong or are unlucky and softbrick, you'll have to recover with 10.4, and there's no downgrade from there.

That said, I was extra careful, and I got it in my first try.
The browser in a few versions after 9.0 would not let you use them until you updated, similar to how the eShop doesn't let you use it until updating.

Does TubeHax still works on 10.4 ? I would like to use it to reinstall MenuHax after updating my sysnand. Not using cfw here.

Pip'
Tubehax died months ago. Unless you mean the Tubehax DNS merely for blocking updates, because that may still work.

menuhax not working :( on 10.4E do not update !!
Old 3ds or New 3ds?

cheylouwho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before--

Trying to get browserhax to work for the first time on 10.4. Downloaded all the things I need to SD card, trying to use the auto code but it keeps crashing. Any ideas how I could fix this?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before--

Trying to get browserhax to work for the first time on 10.4. Downloaded all the things I need to SD card, trying to use the auto code but it keeps crashing. Any ideas how I could fix this?
Are you using old 3ds or New 3ds?
If New 3ds, browserhax was apparently patched, and a new browser version installed. It may work later once the browserhax website updates to include it
The old 3ds is still a bit shaky. No updates were made to its browser, but exploit mitigation was added to the 3ds firmware. People have reported it still works, but boot rate for a lot of the entry points have gone down (meaning it will crash more often than it used to). If you are on old 3ds, just keep trying till you get in. From there, you may still be able to install menuhax. I haven't seen anyone confirm it not working, at least for old 3ds.

LarBob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much!!

I'll buy Ocarina of Time 3d and try to save my friends console.

Buit its garantee that Ocarina of Time 3d i can downgrade back to 9.2?
you can't downgrade from 10.4 (yet)
memchunkhax2 is broken

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much!!

I'll buy Ocarina of Time 3d and try to save my friends console.

Buit its garantee that Ocarina of Time 3d i can downgrade back to 9.2?
If you are on 10.3 or under. If you already upgraded o 10.4, you can't downgrade because the kernel exploit used to downgrade on 10.3 was patched in 10.4

cheylouwho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using old 3ds or New 3ds?
If New 3ds, browserhax was apparently patched, and a new browser version installed. It may work later once the browserhax website updates to include it
The old 3ds is still a bit shaky. No updates were made to its browser, but exploit mitigation was added to the 3ds firmware. People have reported it still works, but boot rate for a lot of the entry points have gone down (meaning it will crash more often than it used to). If you are on old 3ds, just keep trying till you get in. From there, you may still be able to install menuhax. I haven't seen anyone confirm it not working, at least for old 3ds.
Okay, thanks for the help! I'll keep trying then until I get in. Hopefully it will work and I can get the menu installed for startup. Thanks!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, thanks for the help! I'll keep trying then until I get in. Hopefully it will work and I can get the menu installed for startup. Thanks!!
Whoops forgot to mention, I'm using old 3ds :)

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you can't downgrade from 10.4 (yet)
memchunkhax2 is broken

If you are on 10.3 or under. If you already upgraded o 10.4, you can't downgrade because the kernel exploit used to downgrade on 10.3 was patched in 10.4

Its a FW8.1 updated to fw 9.9 with smash bross and cant enter browser because its need update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM