Hacking Update 10.4 and Homebrew: What you need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

calliope-

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys - just joined the forum to try to understand one thing.

I've been using Homebrew for the past month only for the save editor. It's the only exploit I have on my SD card, and have always used the browserhax to access it. Until the update. I have an o3ds on 10.4 U, so it should've been able to boot it. If it's a matter of updating the payload, I know where to find it and what to select - I just have no clue about where to put it or how to make it work.

Can anyone help me out?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendon't strikes again on my Rx Emunand oothax,ironhax and Cn entry points don't work...goot thing I installed the homebrew loader before updating
Ironhax yes, everything else should work with a payload update (everything in the field of save game exploits)

Apologies for asking the same question over and over again. Should I go with Cubic Ninja for $60, or just Sky+ for $90~? I'm primarily looking for use of homebrew. Why is everything so damn expensive
Go with sky3ds. It has much more potential than cubic ninja, and if they every patch cubic ninja you can still have the functionality of the sky3ds cart (no one really plays cubic ninja), and you could still use .3ds homebrew, which could probably launch HBL straight from a .3ds rom

That should be the "Y" button I think. Thanks for this update, what about the FBI .cia file? Will we still be able to use that to install files on a 10.4 EmuNand on a n3ds?
From my understanding, if you use an emuNAND, kernel exploitability still run through the underlying sysNAND. I really don't have much knowledge in how emuNANDs fully work. As long as you were able to previously run unsigned code before in the same emuNAND, you should be fine if it is compatible with that firmware. On n3ds the list of emuNANDs that properly support 10.4 is fairly limited from what I have heard

I have actualy been having problems with browserhax on 10.4, any help?
Old 3ds or New 3ds?

Ashikoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have 10.3 on my o3ds. I used HANs through menuhax. I can get into eshop but when I try to update a game it gives me error code 007-2920.
I haven't sign back onto NNID after unlinking so I don't know if that matters.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys - just joined the forum to try to understand one thing.

I've been using Homebrew for the past month only for the save editor. It's the only exploit I have on my SD card, and have always used the browserhax to access it. Until the update. I have an o3ds on 10.4 U, so it should've been able to boot it. If it's a matter of updating the payload, I know where to find it and what to select - I just have no clue about where to put it or how to make it work.

Can anyone help me out?
Go to the site below, and scroll down until you find otherapp/ropbin payloads. Select your firmware from the drop down menus, and once it's correct click "ropbin". Then rename the file that downloads to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin and then place that on the root of your SD. If it asks to overwrite, do so. Then try running the browserhax again.

So I have 10.3 on my o3ds. I used HANs through menuhax. I can get into eshop but when I try to update a game it gives me error code 007-2920.
I haven't sign back onto NNID after unlinking so I don't know if that matters.
From what I know you have to be signed in to download anything from eShop. But I may be wrong.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I sign in from EmuNAND or sysNAND?
I'll back up EmuNAND before trying if you're not sure.
If they are unlinked, they would be separate, so it would be whatever you want to eShop on. Usually it's best practice to use emuNAND for almost everything, and only going to sysNAND if you absolutely need to. This is because you can do whatever you want in emuNAND, because if you screw up you essentially can't brick the system. You would just have to either inject a backup or reformat it.

Glitchtm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironhax yes, everything else should work with a payload update (everything in the field of save game exploits)

Go with sky3ds. It has much more potential than cubic ninja, and if they every patch cubic ninja you can still have the functionality of the sky3ds cart (no one really plays cubic ninja), and you could still use .3ds homebrew, which could probably launch HBL straight from a .3ds rom

From my understanding, if you use an emuNAND, kernel exploitability still run through the underlying sysNAND. I really don't have much knowledge in how emuNANDs fully work. As long as you were able to previously run unsigned code before in the same emuNAND, you should be fine if it is compatible with that firmware. On n3ds the list of emuNANDs that properly support 10.4 is fairly limited from what I have heard

Old 3ds or New 3ds?
old3ds

Ashikoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are unlinked, they would be separate, so it would be whatever you want to eShop on. Usually it's best practice to use emuNAND for almost everything, and only going to sysNAND if you absolutely need to. This is because you can do whatever you want in emuNAND, because if you screw up you essentially can't brick the system. You would just have to either inject a backup or reformat it.

Alright, gotcha. I'll test it out later and help confirm if anyone else have the same error code problem.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go to the site below, and scroll down until you find otherapp/ropbin payloads. Select your firmware from the drop down menus, and once it's correct click "ropbin". Then rename the file that downloads to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin and then place that on the root of your SD. If it asks to overwrite, do so. Then try running the browserhax again.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what site, if you dont mind me asking?
Oh oups. didn't post that in the original reply either 0.o
It would be http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
That's the main website for all entry points and everything you need for HBL.

Sorry, been running all over the place, especially with it being my first day of college I'm a little tired right now :/

or my post can fail to post, then I update it a bit and try to resend it, and then it ends up posting three times -_-

is there a way to delete that? I'm still a bit new to GBATemp and how to use everything -_-

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Glitchtm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh oups. didn't post that in the original reply either 0.o
It would be http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
That's the main website for all entry points and everything you need for HBL.

Sorry, been running all over the place, especially with it being my first day of college I'm a little tired right now :/

or my post can fail to post, then I update it a bit and try to resend it, and then it ends up posting three times -_-

is there a way to delete that? I'm still a bit new to GBATemp and how to use everything -_-
I'm not sure about deleting post but thanks for telling me. I'm trying it now.

calliope-

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yeah, I tried doing that and was still unsuccessful. Tried renaming the payload to the default .bin file it generates when I open the browserhax (webkithax_tmp.bin) and again, nothing. Tried using the otherapp payload just because, and also didn't work. I keep getting a message saying that an error has occurred, please save your data in any software currrently in use, and then restart the system. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Also thank you so much for helping out and I hope your first day of college was awesome

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
This should be added to the OP:

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried doing that and was still unsuccessful. Tried renaming the payload to the default .bin file it generates when I open the browserhax (webkithax_tmp.bin) and again, nothing. Tried using the otherapp payload just because, and also didn't work. I keep getting a message saying that an error has occurred, please save your data in any software currrently in use, and then restart the system. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Also thank you so much for helping out and I hope your first day of college was awesome
Did you try deleting cookies and history and then trying again?
Also thanks, for now it's only online courses but I had to run to campus to pick up books and try to figure out why certain things aren't going through. Also frantically trying to get the required documents for FAFSA to properly go through. Eventful day.

N3DS <10.3 browserhax is working or not?
As long as you have access to the browser, it will still work perfectly fine.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: VaiCorinthians

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just want to know some things:

If I update my emunand from 10.3 in system settings (I've Reinand, but not the latest version yet) will it boot normally? I'm coldbooting.

As far as I understand Browserhax won't works even in emunand so my only choice to enter to HBL in emunand would be through the CIA? As I was having problems to enter HBL through this method cause my coldbooting I've needed to modify a file, after the update it'll boot normally?

Sorry for the noob questions but I'm still get lost about emunand and sysnand, what I certainly understand is that there's no reason to update sysnand (9.2), the downgrade tool is patched and some hax, but about those ones I've the doubt in emunand not sysnand... I just down want to update and see that I cannot access to HBL which I use mostly to back up my saves.

And finally, if I've backed up my emunand using the emunand tool in 10.3, updated to 10.4 and want to get back 10.3, should I just inject back the 10.3 or that's not allowed?

calliope-

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This should be added to the OP:

Thank you for these! I guess it's a matter of waiting for them to find a way around it, at least on my case.

Did you try deleting cookies and history and then trying again?
Also thanks, for now it's only online courses but I had to run to campus to pick up books and try to figure out why certain things aren't going through. Also frantically trying to get the required documents for FAFSA to properly go through. Eventful day.

I did! Didn't work, unfortunately. But after smea's tweets, I think I'll just wait until they find a solution. Playing with homebrew was fun for me but not the core of my 3ds experience. Best of luck on your first term! It only gets worse from here, trust me >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work