Hacking Update 10.4 and Homebrew: What you need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
question about the update checks. If ninty were to release an update for cubic ninja, could they essentially block cubic ninja out as an entrypoint if CN were added to that list?
I don't think nintendo themselves can add updates to games
But, they might make it say

"Sorry! This game is no longer supported!" or something like that.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about the update checks. If ninty were to release an update for cubic ninja, could they essentially block cubic ninja out as an entrypoint if CN were added to that list?
Yes. Any game. So they now have the basis of removing any entry point involving a save exploit. All they would have to do is patch the game so the exploit is gone, and then add the game to the blacklist. So they effectively have a way to kill most good entry points. This is especially dangerous if the blacklist updates in background like checks for game updates, because then they can block an entry point without you even needing to update your firmware first. So even if CN works for now, if they decided to do it they could essentially block it without any notice.z

Cubic Ninja is highly unlikely to receive an update, but oot3d could easily get one, and even Smea is surprised they haven't already added an update to patch the save exploit of it

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't even fully understand what it does, but in my basic understanding it is a file that helps the hax gain access to the system. Depending on what hax you are using, there are different ways to update the payload, but they are all usually the same file just renamed different things. In order to help you I would need to know what hax you are trying to update the payload on.
From my understanding what a payload is, its made for the 3ds to be able to load the boot.3dsx file

It works like this(using browserhax as an example):

You enter the Browserhax Website.
The website will freeze the 3DS and will inject a file called a ROP which it basically makes it able to open the payload.
When the ROP is done loading, it loads the payload file.
Payload file makes it able to access UserNAND and makes it able to open .3dsx files.

That's my understanding from it. Anyone who thinks that i'm wrong in something, feel free to quote me and fix it. :)

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also. another question regarding CN, what would be considered a good price? xD
Will delete this if it isnt allowed

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Also. another question regarding CN, what would be considered a good price? xD
Will delete this if it isnt allowed
It would be around 45-55$ the least...

I'm not that sure since I'm not a CN owner neither i'll need one since in on 9.2.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Honestly, if you are gunna buy cubic ninja you might as well pay the little bit extra for a Sky3DS+ and have drag + drop games aswell :D
It has no compatibility issues with ninjhax, plus REGION FREE!

Bying a used copy off of a scalper is supporting the developer the exact same as you buying a Sky3DS+

Edit: PIRACY IS [Hide]NOT[/Hide] BAD!

Last edited by sweis12,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if you are gunna buy cubic ninja you might as well pay the little bit extra for a Sky3DS+ and have drag + drop games aswell :D
It has no compatibility issues with ninjhax, plus REGION FREE!

Bying a used copy off of a scalper is supporting the developer the exact same as you buying a Sky3DS+

Edit: PIRACY IS [Hide]NOT[/Hide] BAD!
Yeah honestly at this point you are far better off getting sky3ds, even if you just want to do homebrew. It's basically the same price as a new cubic ninja, and has much more functionality. Plus it opens up the option to run .3ds homebrew natively from the home menu.

Edit: Homebrew and flash cards do not equal piracy. They are merely tools that can be used to do so, but also can be used for legitimate and legal uses

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: sweis12

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it's permanently dead, or it's just waiting for a smealum payload update to get up and running again?
Browserhax was killed on new 3ds. Smea himself stated so. Updating the payload will not fix it on n3ds. So as of now it is officially dead until Yellows8 finds a new webkit exploit that works with the latest n3ds browser.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.4 said fuck your couchhh xD
Remember, the system wasn't stable enough, and probably still isn't. They also made adjustments to "enhance" the user experience.
My guess is Nintendo got really pissed when they discovered tons of people downloading the old ironfall, and worked day and night to try to defeat us. They won this battle, but the war isn't over yet. We will always find a way (and by we I mostly mean Smea and his team)

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember, the system wasn't stable enough, and probably still isn't. They also made adjustments to "enhance" the user experience.
My guess is Nintendo got really pissed when they discovered tons of people downloading the old ironfall, and worked day and night to try to defeat us. They won this battle, but the war isn't over yet. We will always find a way (and by we I mostly mean Smea and his team)
Smea is love smea is life
Nintendo has won the battle BUT SMEA WILL WIN THE WAR
FOR HOMEBREWWWWW

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for asking the same question over and over again. Should I go with Cubic Ninja for $60, or just Sky+ for $90~? I'm primarily looking for use of homebrew. Why is everything so damn expensive

Zlyphor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apologies for asking the same question over and over again. Should I go with Cubic Ninja for $60, or just Sky+ for $90~? I'm primarily looking for use of homebrew. Why is everything so damn expensive

Go with Sky+. Like others have said, CN can easily be added to the blacklist and patched so your purchase would pretty much be useless if they do so. At least with Sky+ it opens up other functionality as well as having the ability to have CN. It's not that much more anyways.

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it works, update payload (either holding x or y when loading it will make it overwrite any previous payload that was on the SD card. Still not sure which one)

That should be the "Y" button I think. Thanks for this update, what about the FBI .cia file? Will we still be able to use that to install files on a 10.4 EmuNand on a n3ds?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendon't strikes again on my Rx Emunand oothax,ironhax and Cn entry points don't work...goot thing I installed the homebrew loader before updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: