Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
According to some people I have asked, there's currently no way to remove parental controls without using SALT's recovery code generator, or calling Nintendo. I didn't wanted to believe, so I googled "3ds remove parental controls", and that proved them right that there's no easier* way to remove parental controls.

*note: on 11.4 and above it might be easier to just use SALT's recovery code generator as Soundhax was patched on 11.4

Well, not anymore...
Surprisingly this is the easiest project I have ever worked on in my life, it only took 8mins to make :P

Usage is really simple, you just launch it, and it automatically exits... that's it! If it doesn't exit then you may need to run udsploit before, or there's some problem with your *hax environment... either way, if there's an error then it should print it out.

EDIT: due to the UnbanMii incident, because people are bitching no longer trusting me, I won't provide a precompiled build, compile it yourself: https://gist.github.com/MarcuzD/c22f748f9318725020f5d9f7dd4f77eb

Last edited by Sono,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
A homebrew that automatically exits w/out Source code, remind me of something which i can't remember yet..

my MCU bricked didn't actually brick, it only reset the RTC time (how would you get my MCU "bricker" 3dsx though?!)
as for WifiReset.3dsx, that has a source code... this code does the exact same thing, but with different service, different IPC command headers, and added printing to screen in case something goes wrong... but anyways, I put the function on 3dbrew I'm using, this program just does ClearParentalControls and UpdateNANDSavegame, and autoexits... I don't get why people hate stuff that autoexits on success... :blink:

Reactions: iAqua

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
my MCU bricked didn't actually brick, it only reset the RTC time (how would you get my MCU "bricker" 3dsx though?!)
as for WifiReset.3dsx, that has a source code... this code does the exact same thing, but with different service, different IPC command headers, and added printing to screen in case something goes wrong... but anyways, I put the function on 3dbrew I'm using, this program just does ClearParentalControls and UpdateNANDSavegame, and autoexits... I don't get why people hate stuff that autoexits on success... :blink:

We prefer to have a source code, because someone made a HB called UnbanMii, and it sends users personal info to developer IP over an encrypted URL, but your homebrew seems legit LUL, just using the command MarcusD added on 3DBrew :P

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
We prefer to have a source code, because someone made a HB called UnbanMii, and it sends users personal info to developer IP over an encrypted URL, but your homebrew seems legit LUL, just using the command MarcusD added on 3DBrew :P

this is why I didn't release the source code; I was curious about how long it would take for someone to bring up the incident... fucking great

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
ehe :P i'm sorry but come on lol, better be safe

though how can you know if I didn't modify the source code if I were to post it?
0bbb39d942.png

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
i trust you boi

wat
0bbb39d942.png

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So if i understand this right the OP once released a homebrew that was shady and is generally discredited? If so i'd suggest OP does release the source. Best way to gain back credibility really. I'm not a dev or anything though, so take what i say with a good dose of salt :)

This thread is all quite confusing though. Wish people would stop being vague as shit.

Edit: Oh and just to be a bit more ontopic. If your homebrew does what it says it does with no shady shit then i welcome it. I've seen quite a few threads on gbatemp in the past with people asking how to do this.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly @MarcusD you havent released anything to give reason not to trust you report the troll and move on. untill the staff tell you to post source, No need to.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So if i understand this right the OP once released a homebrew that was shady and is generally discredited? If so i'd suggest OP does release the source. Best way to gain back credibility really. I'm not a dev or anything though, so take what i say with a good dose of salt :)

This thread is all quite confusing though. Wish people would stop being vague as shit.

again, as I said a few posts earlier, the only reason I didn't upload the source code yet (which is smaller than the damn Makefile I'm using to make it) is because I wanted to see how many people were going to bitch about it bring up the UnbanMii incident

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly @MarcusD you havent released anything to give reason not to trust you report the troll and move on. untill the staff tell you to post source, No need to.

I did make UnbanMii 2.0 when my mind was hazy due to personal reasons, so yeah... shit happened

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again, as I said a few posts earlier, the only reason I didn't upload the source code yet (which is smaller than the damn Makefile I'm using to make it) is because I wanted to see how many people were going to bitch about it bring up the UnbanMii incident

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did make UnbanMii 2.0 when my mind was hazy due to personal reasons, so yeah... shit happened
all you did as i read of ot , mad ethe backend and interface, was dead bloody tired and didnt make note to the others before passin out. i see no ill intent in that.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Why? Social experiments are really pointless when they're rhetorical. Of course people were going to bitch about this. How can you expect people to not have that behavior after UnbanMii? This supposed "experiment" is just one big strawman; it's entirely self defeating and seems like a facade used to cover the real reason why you won't open source it. I've always liked your work, but c'mon dude. If you don't want to wallow in the mud then get out of it.

Last edited by Joom,
D

Deleted User

i love this thread lol
Anyway, if this does what it says on the tin and nothing else then good job :yay3ds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill