• Views 8,930
  • Replies 72
  • Likes 17

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
People that make free stuff only care about their reputation, so I guess he made that like a "now you can trust me"
If that was his goal he would've included source from the get go. I think he just wanted to share something he made but couldn't be arsed to clean up and share the source. Or something like that.

"Incident" oops my bad i clearly remember your cat typed the code, that wasn't you :/ Sorry my bad
Did you even read his blog post about it? You're really being way too big of a twat about this.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He ùade a long, detailed blog post about what led to the fiasco actually.
Which I agree is commendable and I respect him a lot for taking responsibility. However, a public apology isn't going to magically make people forget/forgive; at least not so quickly. His attitude in the OP "People bitching" is hardly endearing of trust when he knew he fucked up the first time. It's like he's saying everyone is blaming him without cause because he wrote a diatribe about why he did it. That's a pretty bold assumption IMO.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If someone made you dinner and nearly killed you by accidentally dropping broken glass in it, and then claims it was an accident (yet managed to not even notice, or if he did notice, not pull the dinner away from you and stop you from eating it cause he didn't care) wants to make you dinner again and when you ask to watch refuse to let you in the kitchen, you can hardly blame people for not wanting to eat it. You would have to make dinner with them watching at least a half dozen times before you could be sure he was careful enough to not drop broken glass in anymore, and eat a dinner that you didn't see him prepare.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
pls... the source code is 166 lines big, of which 106 lines are required, of which only 42 lines are the pure functionality, the rest is just the "fancy shit" like printing the error in case something goes wrong... go reverse engineer it if you don't believe me
I also wasn't insinuating that this has anything malicious in it, just that with your current reputation you can't expect people to not make that assumption.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
it looks like I'm no longer allowed to sleep or whatever... I had to wake up to this thread going apeshit about the fucking incident :cry:

If someone made you dinner and nearly killed you by accidentally dropping broken glass in it, and then claims it was an accident (yet managed to not even notice, or if he did notice, not pull the dinner away from you and stop you from eating it cause he didn't care) wants to make you dinner again and when you ask to watch refuse to let you in the kitchen, you can hardly blame people for not wanting to eat it. You would have to make dinner with them watching at least a half dozen times before you could be sure he was careful enough to not drop broken glass in anymore, and eat a dinner that you didn't see him prepare.

if that's how we go then let me put it this way...
the chef makes food, but accidently drops a small (but lethal) piece of glass into the bowl when they accidently break a glass around the bowl due to already feeling dizzy, and just after you finish the food you pass out... a bit later the person who you wanted to make the food for comes into the kitchen, sees you laying on the ground (probably dead), but doesn't care, instead proceeds to eat the food while the chef is laying half-dead on the floor... once the chef wakes up he sees that the police is investigating because the person almost died from the piece of glass that was in the food.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
it looks like I'm no longer allowed to sleep or whatever... I had to wake up to this thread going apeshit about the fucking incident :cry:

the chef makes food, but accidently drops a small (but lethal) piece of glass into the bowl when they accidently break a glass around the bowl due to already feeling dizzy, and just after you finish the food you pass out... a bit later the person who you wanted to make the food for comes into the kitchen, sees you laying on the ground (probably dead), but doesn't care, instead proceeds to eat the food while the chef is laying half-dead on the floor... once the chef wakes up he sees that the police is investigating because the person almost died from the piece of glass that was in the food.
How long was the code in there though? Were you passed out the whole time? I'll read your blog post again to understand better. Sorry.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How long was the code in there though? Were you passed out the whole time? I'll read your blog post again to understand better. Sorry.

it was planned like that from the start (see astronautlevel's screenshots), but as I tell in the blog post, my mind was hazy even when I decided that I'd work on UnbanMii, so no wonder for my stupid decisions...

Reactions: Deleted User

Nyako

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nyako.gay
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, how about lets drop this and get back on topic.
Thanks.
This is just fueling useless drama.
Like, come on, he made one mistake and now you guys are giving him a hard time.
He doesn't even deserve this.

Reactions: jsa

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey, how about lets drop this and get back on topic.
Thanks.
This is just fueling useless drama.
Like, come on, he made one mistake and now you guys are giving him a hard time.
He doesn't even deserve this.
Nobody's giving him a hard time for that per se. Did you read the thread?

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France

How UnbanMii could have been an incident come on dude, stop dude, really stop saying incident and also, STOP ACTING AS A VICTIM FOR FUCK SAKE

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it was planned like that from the start (see astronautlevel's screenshots), but as I tell in the blog post, my mind was hazy even when I decided that I'd work on UnbanMii, so no wonder for my stupid decisions...
*kill someone* sorry dude my mind was hazy, so that was kinda stupid LUL, can we stop talking about it now?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If that was his goal he would've included source from the get go. I think he just wanted to share something he made but couldn't be arsed to clean up and share the source. Or something like that.

Did you even read his blog post about it? You're really being way too big of a twat about this.

Why would i waste time reading a blog post full of hypocrisy ?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ot looks like I'm no longer allowed to sleep or whatever... I had to wake up to this thread going apeshit about the fucking incident
Get some sleep, seriously, it's not worth losing it over this thread.
Anyway, just my personal opinion, but you made this app to streamline the process of removing parental controls from 3DSes where it's been forgotten. IDK how needing a PC and a build environment could be called streamlining. Of course, someone may want to check out the sauce. That's why I suggest going with the tried-and-tested model, by releasing the source and a compiled build. (I always trust authors' builds more then someone else's.)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that wont work and i did read the op... bc i have a 3ds that was my friends but he put it for his son and his son is 11 and i cant change the thing bc its under 13
What? The made no sense. The thing I linked claims to work for ALL 3DS firmwares.
  • 3DS 7.2.0 -> 11.5.0: all regions (v2)
  • 3DS "8.1.2" (key 13): USA, EUR, JPN (seemingly distributed only with not-for-sale Smash demo-carts
Not sure what you're trying to tell me bro. That thing will 100% give you an authentication code (same as calling Nintendo) to bypass the parental lock. If you're 31, please learn how to use complete sentences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Lol