Unrestrict - parental controls remover

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MarcusD, Aug 2, 2017.

1. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD baby Near

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    under the bed
    According to some people I have asked, there's currently no way to remove parental controls without using SALT's recovery code generator, or calling Nintendo. I didn't wanted to believe, so I googled "3ds remove parental controls", and that proved them right that there's no easier* way to remove parental controls.

*note: on 11.4 and above it might be easier to just use SALT's recovery code generator as Soundhax was patched on 11.4

Well, not anymore...
    Surprisingly this is the easiest project I have ever worked on in my life, it only took 8mins to make :P

Usage is really simple, you just launch it, and it automatically exits... that's it! If it doesn't exit then you may need to run udsploit before, or there's some problem with your *hax environment... either way, if there's an error then it should print it out.

EDIT: due to the UnbanMii incident, because people are bitching no longer trusting me, I won't provide a precompiled build, compile it yourself: https://gist.github.com/MarcuzD/c22f748f9318725020f5d9f7dd4f77eb

Last edited by MarcusD, Aug 2, 2017
  2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    PokeAcer likes this.
  3. NexoCube

NexoCube stop using piracy :(

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    A homebrew that automatically exits w/out Source code, remind me of something which i can't remember yet..

julialy, HugaTheFox and Tekniquez like this.
  4. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD baby Near

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    under the bed
    my MCU bricked didn't actually brick, it only reset the RTC time (how would you get my MCU "bricker" 3dsx though?!)
    as for WifiReset.3dsx, that has a source code... this code does the exact same thing, but with different service, different IPC command headers, and added printing to screen in case something goes wrong... but anyways, I put the function on 3dbrew I'm using, this program just does ClearParentalControls and UpdateNANDSavegame, and autoexits... I don't get why people hate stuff that autoexits on success... :blink:

iAqua likes this.
  5. LeoIeiri

LeoIeiri GBAtemp Regular

May 10, 2017
    Tokyo
    Can I run homebrew without soundhax? I have 11.5 Sighax and Luma 8.1 (O3ds)

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Rosalina

7. NexoCube

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    We prefer to have a source code, because someone made a HB called UnbanMii, and it sends users personal info to developer IP over an encrypted URL, but your homebrew seems legit LUL, just using the command MarcusD added on 3DBrew :P

CuriousTommy and Quantumcat like this.
  8. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD baby Near

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    under the bed
    this is why I didn't release the source code; I was curious about how long it would take for someone to bring up the incident... fucking great

9. PokeAcer

PokeAcer Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Wales
    Report them for OT. Don't stand for this kind of bullshit.

10. NexoCube

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    ehe :P i'm sorry but come on lol, better be safe

Tekniquez likes this.
  11. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD baby Near

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    under the bed
    though how can you know if I didn't modify the source code if I were to post it? [​IMG]

12. NexoCube

Nov 3, 2015
    France
    Stack Pointer
    i trust you boi

13. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD baby Near

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    under the bed
    wat [​IMG]

14. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    So if i understand this right the OP once released a homebrew that was shady and is generally discredited? If so i'd suggest OP does release the source. Best way to gain back credibility really. I'm not a dev or anything though, so take what i say with a good dose of salt :)

This thread is all quite confusing though. Wish people would stop being vague as shit.

Edit: Oh and just to be a bit more ontopic. If your homebrew does what it says it does with no shady shit then i welcome it. I've seen quite a few threads on gbatemp in the past with people asking how to do this.

Last edited by dimmidice, Aug 2, 2017
    Quantumcat and PokeAcer like this.
  15. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    Honestly @MarcusD you havent released anything to give reason not to trust you report the troll and move on. untill the staff tell you to post source, No need to.

16. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD baby Near

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    under the bed
    again, as I said a few posts earlier, the only reason I didn't upload the source code yet (which is smaller than the damn Makefile I'm using to make it) is because I wanted to see how many people were going to bitch about it bring up the UnbanMii incident

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I did make UnbanMii 2.0 when my mind was hazy due to personal reasons, so yeah... shit happened

17. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    all you did as i read of ot , mad ethe backend and interface, was dead bloody tired and didnt make note to the others before passin out. i see no ill intent in that.

StarTrekVoyager and MarcusD like this.
  18. Salamencizer

Salamencizer Cute Hot Whatever

Oct 3, 2015
    India
    In your heart
    Pls source release
    Inb4 b& under rule number m67

19. Tekniquez

Tekniquez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Shoots self in foot.

NexoCube and PokeAcer like this.
  20. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Why? Social experiments are really pointless when they're rhetorical. Of course people were going to bitch about this. How can you expect people to not have that behavior after UnbanMii? This supposed "experiment" is just one big strawman; it's entirely self defeating and seems like a facade used to cover the real reason why you won't open source it. I've always liked your work, but c'mon dude. If you don't want to wallow in the mud then get out of it.

Last edited by Joom, Aug 2, 2017