TTDS vs Acekard

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by yankees26eac92, Feb 21, 2008.

Feb 21, 2008

TTDS vs Acekard by yankees26eac92 at 4:53 AM (4,318 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. yankees26eac92
    OP

Member yankees26eac92 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hello, I am wanting to get a flash card and I have narrowed it down to 2 cards TTDS and Acekard. Now can anyone tell me which one is better or any info I should know about either of the 2. I currently have a GnM [​IMG] and I now realize that that was a terrible mistake. I also want to know were I could get a cheap Acekard online. Thanks

2. scubersteve

scubersteve Newbie

The Acekard is DEFINATELY better.
    However...
    The TTDS...
    it has a price...

3. yankees26eac92
    OP

United States
    Yeah I know but I really like how the acekard has the 1GB of internal memory and a micro sd slot.

4. scubersteve

scubersteve Newbie

which is why you get the Acekard.
    solves everything.

5. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    If you want something cheap that does the job, go with DSTT.

If you want an Acekard R.P.G, it has great advantage over the other, because it has open source firmwares, dual memory, and good support from the original team.

Have you thought of the cyclo? I like the Cyclo more than the Acekard, because of their amazingly active forums where the creator team of the card actually listens to their customers, along with some great in-game features.

You choose... But If I can afford it (Which I can't) I would've gone for the Acekard or Cyclo.

6. yankees26eac92
    OP

United States
    It really is about price. I considered the cyclo but I just like the Acekards dual memory. But right now I will probaly go with the TTDS because I can get it, a 3-in-1 and a microsd for less than just the Acekard unless anyone can tell me were to get one for like 50 bucks.

7. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I'd say that's the best choice. I was thinking about getting a DSTT with the 3-in-1 as well, but went with a supercard SDHC, since I realized that I was only interested in the Opera internet in the 3-in-1, and I liked the features for the price.

Unfortunately, I have never seen anyone anywhere selling an Acekard R.P.G for under $60

8. Electric_Wizard

Member Electric_Wizard GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Acekard is a fantastic card and thanks to the open source firmware it really is getting better all the time.

9. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    remember the acekard doesnt play sh*t from the sd slot, it randomly crashes in almost every game, even with a really fast sd card.
    a lot of people are having this problem, see acekard forum.

the only thing they tell the people is thats its not the acekard faults, its the sd card, but people over there tried a lot of sd cards, including a-data class 6.

but maybe you are lucky and yours is fine lol.

i would go with cyclods too, really great community, developers who listen to their customers, they even ask you what you want in the next firmware.

10. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    I can run most games from my transcend 2gb microsd, though there are a few games that dont work. (i don't play too many games so i might just not be testing the right games).

11. sepinho

Member sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Is that still a problem? I thought it was running fine with current updates. Is there a compatibility list somewhere? I was just about to buy an Acekard RPG, but I don't want to constantly have to copy files back and forth between internal and external memory, just to play them..

12. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    I am running BNS 1.3.1. I have used 1GB and 2GB MiJ Kingstons and the AData c6 4GB with zero problems. See my posts at AK forums too. Theres not that many posters there and a handful say they have troubles.

13. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States

yeah, out of 10 users there (thats like 70% of all acekard owners) 5 or 6 are having problems.
    i also owned an acekard and had nothing but trouble.

14. sepinho

Member sepinho GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Oh wow! I've just read thru some of the threads on the official Acekard forum. Some people have taken rather radical measures there.
    Is it a quality issue on the manufacturing side, or is it firmware related? Any updates on the cause of the problems yet? Some cards seem to work, which would point towards a faulty batch at the factory, I suppose.

15. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    You can try acekard 2 if you want. dstt is worst, cheap but got high rate of defective stock

16. Zombie_X

Member Zombie_X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well that a good question, AceKard or TTDS. Well I have both and I say the AceKard 2 has great compatibility and even loads homebrew way quicker. I'd say AceKard 2. But I've only had the AceKard 2 for a few hours now... so that may change.

17. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I have an AceKard R.P.G. & a CycloDS ... as well as a few other carts ... and I prefer the CycloDS to the AceKard ... I don't have a TTDS, so I cannot comment on that.

18. Zombie_X

Member Zombie_X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Id' have to agree that the CycloDS EVO is far better, but between the AK2 & TTDS, AK2 ftw anytime. But this is just based on my little bit of time with it.

19. theforbidden1

Newcomer theforbidden1 Advanced Member

Portugal
    dstt sometimes os defective :/