Acekard 2.1 - Error trying to use a different micro SD card

accc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using my Acekard 2.1 with my DS Lite for over a decade now and I recently bought a slot 2 Everdrive card to play GBA games. Because of this I've been using a 4GB micro SD card that I purchased around that time with the AK and a 32 GB that I bought with the ED. Tonight I wanted to add some DS games to the 4GB card but found that I was out of space, so naturally I figured I could get around this by swapping my Acekard files to the 32GB card (and my Everdrive files to the 4GB). So I did exactly that, except when I tried booting into the Acekard menu it displayed an error message "akmenu4.nds not found", despite the fact that this file was, in fact, sitting on the root of the SD card. (The Everdrive still managed to boot into the firmware menu and load GBA games after swapping the files to the 4GB card, FWIW.)

I copied all of the files back to the cards that they were originally on and thankfully the Acekard is working again with the old 4GB card, but I'd still like to use a larger card so that I can fit more games. Does anybody know how to get around the "akmenu4.nds not found" error? Do I need to reinstall the Acekard firmware on the new card somehow? Acekard the company seems to be dead and documentation on how to use the AK2 is hard to come by, so I'm not sure where or how I can even find a new copy of the firmware to install if that's what needs to be done.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been using my Acekard 2.1 with my DS Lite for over a decade now and I recently bought a slot 2 Everdrive card to play GBA games. Because of this I've been using a 4GB micro SD card that I purchased around that time with the AK and a 32 GB that I bought with the ED. Tonight I wanted to add some DS games to the 4GB card but found that I was out of space, so naturally I figured I could get around this by swapping my Acekard files to the 32GB card (and my Everdrive files to the 4GB). So I did exactly that, except when I tried booting into the Acekard menu it displayed an error message "akmenu4.nds not found", despite the fact that this file was, in fact, sitting on the root of the SD card. (The Everdrive still managed to boot into the firmware menu and load GBA games after swapping the files to the 4GB card, FWIW.)

I copied all of the files back to the cards that they were originally on and thankfully the Acekard is working again with the old 4GB card, but I'd still like to use a larger card so that I can fit more games. Does anybody know how to get around the "akmenu4.nds not found" error? Do I need to reinstall the Acekard firmware on the new card somehow? Acekard the company seems to be dead and documentation on how to use the AK2 is hard to come by, so I'm not sure where or how I can even find a new copy of the firmware to install if that's what needs to be done.
You need to set the filesystem most likely it should be fat32 (no exfat or NTFS).
other things could be lose or dirty contacts (cleaning alcohol is good for silver, coper and tin contacts).

accc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to set the filesystem most likely it should be fat32 (no exfat or NTFS).
other things could be lose or dirty contacts (cleaning alcohol is good for silver, coper and tin contacts).
The format isn't the issue. I tried with another card that was formatted as exFAT, I reformatted it fo FAT32 and moved all of my files to it but received the "akmenu4.nds not found" error again. (I also had tried this card before reformatting but the Acekard menu was stuck on the "loading" text, rather than the above error message".) So it still seems like my akmenu4.nds file only works on the 4GB micro SD card that I've been using with my Acekard all these years.

Last edited by accc,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The format isn't the issue. I tried with another card that was formatted as exFAT, I reformatted it fo FAT32 and moved all of my files to it but received the "akmenu4.nds not found" error again. (I also had tried this card before reformatting but the Acekard menu was stuck on the "loading" text, rather than the above error message".) So it still seems like my akmenu4.nds file only works on the 4GB micro SD card that I've been using with my Acekard all these years.
Do you remember what firmware it's flashed, for the firmware version impacts the kernel compatibility.
see: https://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
and: https://acekard2i.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/acekard-firmware-download/
notice that fw flashing is will corrupt your acekard 2.1 if HWID is a mismatch wich can't be undone.
2.1 if one of the 2 HWID's compitable with update will function as a acekard 2i
try https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/ for it should work independent on what fw your acekard is.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto