Hacking TTDS vs Acekard

yankees26eac92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am wanting to get a flash card and I have narrowed it down to 2 cards TTDS and Acekard. Now can anyone tell me which one is better or any info I should know about either of the 2. I currently have a GnM
cry.gif
and I now realize that that was a terrible mistake. I also want to know were I could get a cheap Acekard online. Thanks

S

scubersteve

The Acekard is DEFINATELY better.
However...
The TTDS...
it has a price...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you want something cheap that does the job, go with DSTT.

If you want an Acekard R.P.G, it has great advantage over the other, because it has open source firmwares, dual memory, and good support from the original team.

Have you thought of the cyclo? I like the Cyclo more than the Acekard, because of their amazingly active forums where the creator team of the card actually listens to their customers, along with some great in-game features.

You choose... But If I can afford it (Which I can't) I would've gone for the Acekard or Cyclo.

yankees26eac92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really is about price. I considered the cyclo but I just like the Acekards dual memory. But right now I will probaly go with the TTDS because I can get it, a 3-in-1 and a microsd for less than just the Acekard unless anyone can tell me were to get one for like 50 bucks.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It really is about price. I considered the cyclo but I just like the Acekards dual memory. But right now I will probaly go with the TTDS because I can get it, a 3-in-1 and a microsd for less than just the Acekard unless anyone can tell me were to get one for like 50 bucks.

I'd say that's the best choice. I was thinking about getting a DSTT with the 3-in-1 as well, but went with a supercard SDHC, since I realized that I was only interested in the Opera internet in the 3-in-1, and I liked the features for the price.

Unfortunately, I have never seen anyone anywhere selling an Acekard R.P.G for under $60

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
remember the acekard doesnt play sh*t from the sd slot, it randomly crashes in almost every game, even with a really fast sd card.
a lot of people are having this problem, see acekard forum.

the only thing they tell the people is thats its not the acekard faults, its the sd card, but people over there tried a lot of sd cards, including a-data class 6.

but maybe you are lucky and yours is fine lol.

i would go with cyclods too, really great community, developers who listen to their customers, they even ask you what you want in the next firmware.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
remember the acekard doesnt play sh*t from the sd slot, it randomly crashes in almost every game, even with a really fast sd card.

the only thing they tell the people is thats its not the acekard faults, its the sd card, but people over there tried a lot of sd cards, including a-data class 6.

but maybe you are lucky and yours is fine lol.

i would go with cyclods too, really great community, developers who listen to their customers, they even ask you what you want in the next firmware.

I can run most games from my transcend 2gb microsd, though there are a few games that dont work. (i don't play too many games so i might just not be testing the right games).

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is that still a problem? I thought it was running fine with current updates. Is there a compatibility list somewhere? I was just about to buy an Acekard RPG, but I don't want to constantly have to copy files back and forth between internal and external memory, just to play them..

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am running BNS 1.3.1. I have used 1GB and 2GB MiJ Kingstons and the AData c6 4GB with zero problems. See my posts at AK forums too. Theres not that many posters there and a handful say they have troubles.

yeah, out of 10 users there (thats like 70% of all acekard owners) 5 or 6 are having problems.
i also owned an acekard and had nothing but trouble.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am running BNS 1.3.1. I have used 1GB and 2GB MiJ Kingstons and the AData c6 4GB with zero problems. See my posts at AK forums too. Theres not that many posters there and a handful say they have troubles.

yeah, out of 10 users there (thats like 70% of all acekard owners) 5 or 6 are having problems.
i also owned an acekard and had nothing but trouble.
Oh wow! I've just read thru some of the threads on the official Acekard forum. Some people have taken rather radical measures there.
Is it a quality issue on the manufacturing side, or is it firmware related? Any updates on the cause of the problems yet? Some cards seem to work, which would point towards a faulty batch at the factory, I suppose.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Well that a good question, AceKard or TTDS. Well I have both and I say the AceKard 2 has great compatibility and even loads homebrew way quicker. I'd say AceKard 2. But I've only had the AceKard 2 for a few hours now... so that may change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol