• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump leading in 5 key swing states

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please provide evidence for this conclusion, and then explain why these wars were not breaking while Trump was president and North Korea stopped firing rockets, only to start back up once Biden took office.

Infering is not proof. Once again, did Putin invade any country while Trump was president or has he only gone into countries while the uniparty was in charge? You don't even need to infer, just observe without your TDS bias clouding your judgement.
Post automatically merged:

Except that's not what all the affidavits and witness testimony show. You only pay attention to the billionaire propaganda corporate media. You should instead pay closer attention to court cases. You'll learn a lot more and have a deeper understanding than what MSNBC or Fox News can provide.
Yeah you don't understand the passage of time or how numbers work if you believe the election results were fraudulent. Literally impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion with people like this.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correlation does not imply causation. To be clear, that means that the mere fact that these wars are occurring while Biden is the president doesn't mean that any of his policies or actions have anything to do with it. However, if you can point to some concrete reason under Biden that caused them to happen, that would be different. A good example is North Korea and their rockets. The fact that they stopped firing the rockets during most of the Trump Administration was indeed the result of Trump. It was the result of Trump giving a brutal dictator validity by meeting with him which made the U.S. look weak and ultimately achieved nothing.
If the US looked weak, then why would he stop firing rockets?
Of course it's not proof. Did you read the section of my post that you quoted where I clearly said you can't prove what someone would've done? Again correlation does not imply causation.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time responding. :wtf:
So you are just saying words with zero facts supporting your statements but trying to pass them off as facts. I just wanted to be clear so there is no question that you are talking out of your ass.

Yeah you don't understand the passage of time or how numbers work if you believe the election results were fraudulent. Literally impossible to have any kind of intelligent discussion with people like this.
Once again, you are not paying attention to court testimony and sworn affidavits. I can't force you to be curious or step outside of your comfort zone. That is completely up to you.

The uniparty gaslights us into thinking we have the most secure elections (except for 2016) in all of human history. Then we get stories like this.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2023/11/0...-of-mayoral-primary-just-days-before-election

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many potential reasons.
  1. If he didn't stop firing the rockets, obviously there would not have been any visits to begin with.
  2. He wanted the validity that the visits provided with the rest of the world.
  3. He hoped the talks would lead to eased sanctions.
So you are just saying words with zero facts supporting your statements but trying to pass them off as facts. I just wanted to be clear so there is no question that you are talking out of your ass.
Not at all. All anyone can do is speculate on the future, you can't prove it. That's the debate. What you can do though, is look at the way the Trump administration has handled things in the past and how they say they are going to handle things in the future and then you have reasonable justification for your beliefs.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Once again, you are not paying attention to court testimony and sworn affidavits. I can't force you to be curious or step outside of your comfort zone. That is completely up to you.

The uniparty gaslights us into thinking we have the most secure elections (except for 2016) in all of human history. Then we get stories like this.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2023/11/0...-of-mayoral-primary-just-days-before-election
Election denialists such as yourself are objectively stupid individuals. Like flat earther level of stupid.

Last edited by supermist,
Reactions: Xzi

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite interested to see how this all plays out. Not a fan of Trump at all, but watching in earnest for what is truly an unprecedented situation. I'm eager to see how Trump's criminal trials play into his election eligibility--either way, his trials are going to have a huge impact on the election.

Ultimately I'm extremely tired of both Biden (too old to effectively govern imo, out of touch, puzzling leadership choices ) and Trump (Not the sharpest tool in the shed, narcissistic, extremely immature) but there really isn't anyone better on the table right now. For now, all I can do is watch from the sidelines.

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how Biden is too old to govern. His age has had literally nothing to do with his policy choices or the failed implementation of them. While overall I do support (and wish we had) younger politicians and candidates, I am not at all concerned about Biden's age affecting his ability to do the job. DINOs in his own party (Manchin and Sinema) and the crazy republicans have had a much bigger effect on his ability to govern imo.

Before republicans took the House, the crazy republicans in the Senate wouldn't let democrats send Biden any bills at all without a filibuster, so democrats had to pass everything on party lines through budget reconciliation. Because of that, Biden had to scale back his agenda to appease the least common denominators in his party, which were key votes. Manchin took full advantage of that with his my-way-or-the-highway hard-line approach, but at least he was representing his conservative base in WV. Sinema either misrepresented herself to the electorate or she wanted to be controversial for the name recognition and personal enrichment factors.

In either case, republicans and DINOs are the problem, not Biden, and I say that as someone who doesn't even particularly like Biden. It's not that he's a bad guy, he's just not progressive enough for me.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a fact that russia interfered in 2016 in both UK, US and even Italy to an extent.
Not only that, the charges were for obstruction of justice and the results were inconclusive.

Furthermore, the Mueller investigation resulted in a net gain for tax payers 7x over with the assets seized.

Just another MAGA's hypothetical whataboutism 🙄🤣

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how Biden is too old to govern. His age has had literally nothing to do with his policy choices or the failed implementation of them. While overall I do support (and wish we had) younger politicians and candidates, I am not at all concerned about Biden's age affecting his ability to do the job. DINOs in his own party (Manchin and Sinema) and the crazy republicans have had a much bigger effect on his ability to govern imo.

Before republicans took the House, the crazy republicans in the Senate wouldn't let democrats send Biden any bills at all without a filibuster, so democrats had to pass everything on party lines through budget reconciliation. Because of that, Biden had to scale back his agenda to appease the least common denominators in his party, which were key votes. Manchin took full advantage of that with his my-way-or-the-highway hard-line approach, but at least he was representing his conservative base in WV. Sinema either misrepresented herself to the electorate or she wanted to be controversial for the name recognition and personal enrichment factors.

In either case, republicans and DINOs are the problem, not Biden, and I say that as someone who doesn't even particularly like Biden. It's not that he's a bad guy, he's just not progressive enough for me.
That's a fair analysis. I don't think Biden is anyone's favorite President, but I don't think he's anyone's least favorite either. His existance and occupation of the White House gives him near-universal hate from Republicans, but that's to be expected.
I think the general summation of Biden is that he hasn't made any major changes in representation of his party (which, again, is largely in part to Biden's continual disputes with the House). It's a difficult situation to form an opinion on, but I think seeing Biden as a middle-of-the-road President is a fair assumption.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meanwhile trump is talking pro authoritarian talk i better get my passport soon scratch that asylum may be needed at this rate i thought i may never say this but i may want to watch the US dumpster fire in 2024 from afar

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wario32

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that's some really scary shit he saying.
I think we can safely put to rest the whole "both are bad" argument
One wants to be a full-fledged dictator and the other wants a democracy

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The media normalizes fascism in the way they cover Trump, but it's gonna get more and more difficult to soften the language in his favor the more he straight-up quotes Hitler. The stress of all his criminal/financial cases is starting to break him.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The media normalizes fascism in the way they cover Trump, but it's gonna get more and more difficult to soften the language in his favor the more he straight-up quotes Hitler. The stress of all his criminal/financial cases is starting to break him.
didn't he just incite "citizen's arrests" on judges and AG? any other person would be in jail.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that, the charges were for obstruction of justice and the results were inconclusive.

Furthermore, the Mueller investigation resulted in a net gain for tax payers 7x over with the assets seized.

Just another MAGA's hypothetical whataboutism 🙄🤣
Besides the nonequivalent whataboutism, it is the only one they can point to. Meanwhile they scream fraud at every election they don't win, without even trying to show their "evidence" most of the time.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides the nonequivalent whataboutism, it is the only one they can point to. Meanwhile they scream fraud at every election they don't win, without even trying to show their "evidence" most of the time.
Indeed. It is only when trust is lost in all order that chaos can prosper.

That, and claiming fraud every time you lose doesn't exactly scream maturity or integrity.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many potential reasons.
  1. If he didn't stop firing the rockets, obviously there would not have been any visits to begin with.
  2. He wanted the validity that the visits provided with the rest of the world.
  3. He hoped the talks would lead to eased sanctions.
""Potential"" doing a lot of heavy lifting. Now give reasons you can back up with facts.
Not at all. All anyone can do is speculate on the future, you can't prove it. That's the debate. What you can do though, is look at the way the Trump administration has handled things in the past and how they say they are going to handle things in the future and then you have reasonable justification for your beliefs.
So based on that logic, I can reasonably assume that a future Trump administration will result in low inflation, energy independence, low gas prices, better trade deals, and no new wars. Where do I sign up?

Election denialists such as yourself are objectively stupid individuals. Like flat earther level of stupid.
Keep on with the petty insults. It's literally all you have now. Every single one of your rage filled comments brings a smile to my face. You are filled with so much hate, it wouldn't surprise me if you have a manifesto similar to Audrey Hale tucked into your pillow case.

Your tears are *chef's kiss* delish.

Last edited by TraderPatTX,

Chris2055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
""Potential"" doing a lot of heavy lifting. Now give reasons you can back up with facts.
You want me to answer for someone else, which I can't do objectively. Ask Kim yourself if you want a definite concrete reason, but all the reasons I listed are perfectly reasonable ideas given our history with North Korea.
So based on that logic, I can reasonably assume that a future Trump administration will result in low inflation, energy independence, low gas prices, better trade deals, and no new wars. Where do I sign up?
Not at all, because there's no reason to assume that anything the Trump Administration did resulted in those outcomes. Again, correlation does not imply causation. If it did then I would be justified in saying Trump caused the COVID-19 pandemic (or at least, caused it to be worse, especially in the U.S.) just because it happened on his watch. You need to at least be able to point to some concrete action that led to that outcome. Like the fact that Trump kept telling people COVID would go away on its own, undermined his public health officials and guidance, and tried to sweep the whole thing under the rug so he could be re-elected.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm hearing shots, I'm scared. :(