Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey
try this:

1) boot to hekate
2) double press reset
3) connect
4) boot something

this works for me =)
Too bad, didn't show up still, worth a shot though.

Matty installed it, and updated it, so I know it should work.
Should this also work in Linux, or only in Windows? Do I need to install anything, I don't remember.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Too bad, didn't show up still, worth a shot though.

Matty installed it, and updated it, so I know it should work.
Should this also work in Linux, or only in Windows? Do I need to install anything, I don't remember.
Make sure the LED is red (breathing)... Plug in, boot sept_secondary.bin payload - should pop right up.

Reactions: Adr990

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey
try this:

1) boot to hekate
2) double press reset
3) connect
4) boot something

this works for me =)
This new way also works for me.
The old one, just press reset twice in horizon, doesn't work anymore.

@mattytrog: an update in the OP would be great

Thx
pOpY

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by popy,
Reactions: mattytrog

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having a problem with programming the trinket mO. I'll put it in bootnloader mode, copy the uf2 file to it, but it will not act as a mod chip (I had my woring done correctly). It reverts back to stock/factory settings everytime. Does any one know why this happens?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I am having a problem with programming the trinket mO. I'll put it in bootnloader mode, copy the uf2 file to it, but it will not act as a mod chip (I had my woring done correctly). It reverts back to stock/factory settings everytime. Does any one know why this happens?
Bad download. Ensure it is 512kb

starlander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 1.20 today. Prior to update I was on 1.0.

Previously when holding vol+ my switch would auto launch payload.bin. Now when I hold vol+ it launches hekate, where I need to select the payload manually.

I would like to get back to the past behavior and not interact with hekate on power on. But I am not very good at configuring hekate. Is there a simple way to go back to the past behavior?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I updated to 1.20 today. Prior to update I was on 1.0.

Previously when holding vol+ my switch would auto launch payload.bin. Now when I hold vol+ it launches hekate, where I need to select the payload manually.

I would like to get back to the past behavior and not interact with hekate on power on. But I am not very good at configuring hekate. Is there a simple way to go back to the past behavior?
You don`t need to.

I`m guessing you are dual-boot...

All you do is hold vol+, then touch power. It takes a split econd to trigger RCM, so release as soon as you press power. Payload.bin will run.

So...

Touch vol+ at save time as touching power,

or

hold vol+ and touch power, then let go. No need to hold anything at all. If you are holding buttons, you are doing it wrong :)

starlander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don`t need to.

I`m guessing you are dual-boot...

All you do is hold vol+, then touch power. It takes a split econd to trigger RCM, so release as soon as you press power. Payload.bin will run.

So...

Touch vol+ at save time as touching power,

or

hold vol+ and touch power, then let go. No need to hold anything at all. If you are holding buttons, you are doing it wrong :)

Ok. So this was 100% the problem. I was not used to vol+ triggering anything except the sxos loader menu.

Switcher22550

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Someone please take a look at the attached pic and let me know if my wiring setup can cause problems (shorts). I was not the one that installed this chip and don't know what kind of wiring is needed, but I assume that these wires, being exposed and made of copper with no cover on them, will cause problems.

Attachments

• trinket.jpg
    trinket.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone please take a look at the attached pic and let me know if my wiring setup can cause problems (shorts). I was not the one that installed this chip and don't know what kind of wiring is needed, but I assume that these wires, being exposed and made of copper with no cover on them, will cause problems.

It wont cause problems.

It is enamel coated magnet wire. Used in motor windings.

Reactions: Adr990 and peteruk

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry about the 1.2.1 update delay. Rather busy yesterday. Was just going to jump to 1.3.0 with full factory reset facility. However, it isn't ready for primetime yet.

Will sort it today when we get back from shopping. Wife looking at f***ing garden furniture. So that will take 300 years.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
It wont cause problems.

It is enamel coated magnet wire. Used in motor windings.

I wouldn't be so sure, I modded my switch with enameled wire - I was getting issues with it not going to sleep and the volume going to low (as if I was pressing the v- switch) I eventually tracked the problem down to electromagnetic interference, where it was enough to get though the coating of the enameled wire and cause those problems. When I changed the wire for Kynar wire - those issues were gone.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't be so sure, I modded my switch with enameled wire - I was getting issues with it not going to sleep and the volume going to low (as if I was pressing the v- switch) I eventually tracked the problem down to electromagnetic interference, where it was enough to get though the coating of the enameled wire and cause those problems. When I changed the wire for Kynar wire - those issues were gone.
I have had similar issues with magnet wire in the past. However, in my personal experience it wasn`t EMI.
If emi can get through lacquer, it can get through kynar.

Thats why we have co-axial cable (the braid acts like a prison - pegged to GND nothing gets in, nothing gets out. At least thats the idea anyway...

If it is fitted and undisturbed, it is fine. But the coating is rather easily damaged. Too much of a kink or bend and thats it. Its exposed. Not my first choice of material in this application!

Agreed - Kynar is the way to go.

Anyway... Attached to this post is the new upcoming version of Switchboot (bin only tonight - as a test).

There is a new feature in there on main menu called "SAMD update mode".

What this does, is it creates a dummy payload from a byte array and boots it. (the payload is called "dummy" and is 900 odd bytes in size)

You then double-press RESET and connect. Switchboot pops up.

Give it a try somebody and let me know. Then I`ll get the UF2s made tomorrow.

Cheers
Matty

Attachments

• switchboot.zip
    77 KB · Views: 156

Switcher22550

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

I'm having weird issues with my switch, that's why I asked. My Trinket M0 will not boot if the right joycon is paired with the Switch, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. The soldering looks okay, I'm running the right firmware for the trinket, and I'm on 6.2.0. I'm at my wits end with it.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having weird issues with my switch, that's why I asked. My Trinket M0 will not boot if the right joycon is paired with the Switch, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. The soldering looks okay, I'm running the right firmware for the trinket, and I'm on 6.2.0. I'm at my wits end with it.
That is normally a poor GND connection.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I have had similar issues with magnet wire in the past. However, in my personal experience it wasn`t EMI.
If emi can get through lacquer, it can get through kynar.

Thats why we have co-axial cable (the braid acts like a prison - pegged to GND nothing gets in, nothing gets out. At least thats the idea anyway...

If it is fitted and undisturbed, it is fine. But the coating is rather easily damaged. Too much of a kink or bend and thats it. Its exposed. Not my first choice of material in this application!

Agreed - Kynar is the way to go.

Anyway... Attached to this post is the new upcoming version of Switchboot (bin only tonight - as a test).

There is a new feature in there on main menu called "SAMD update mode".

What this does, is it creates a dummy payload from a byte array and boots it. (the payload is called "dummy" and is 900 odd bytes in size)

You then double-press RESET and connect. Switchboot pops up.

Give it a try somebody and let me know. Then I`ll get the UF2s made tomorrow.

Cheers
Matty

It works fine, after running I pressed v- twice (which is my reset), and it went into trinketboot.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the feedback sir! Ive done this because I get loads of messages asking how to get into bootloader

:)

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thank you for the feedback sir! Ive done this because I get loads of messages asking how to get into bootloader

:)

You should add a check, if the dummy file already exists - skip creating it, it will make that feature faster.

Also I'm not really sure who this is for (maybe dongle people?), when you press reset twice - the chip already goes to that mode anyway - unless I'm missing something?

Last edited by mrdude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one