Picofly (RP2040) OLED getting error Failed to init eMMC. But with HWFLY working fine.

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did your switch still boot purple screen when you disconnect the chip or you're getting black screen? Mine always purple with or without so I don't think installing hwfly will aid the issue but its worth the shot.

When trying to write from the donor I end up with a fatal error unable to write.

always purple, with or without chip... installing HWFLY it fix something... and after if you remove the chip it start normally in stock

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well damn I got the same problem. All readings good, sk hynix emmc. Hoping we have a shot in the future of fixing or working around this 😭

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The purple screen is due to the resistor at point A. The value is 4.7k ohm. Check what value you have.
But how can be an hardware issue??? IF I INSTALL AN HWFLY ON A PURPLE SCREEN AFTER A PICOFLY, the console start works PERFECTLY

Pico have some trouble with BIS keys, or partition, or I don’t know… sometimes just mess your EMMC…

Reactions: Relon

Gamefreak001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how can be an hardware issue??? IF I INSTALL AN HWFLY ON A PURPLE SCREEN AFTER A PICOFLY, the console start works PERFECTLY

Pico have some trouble with BIS keys, or partition, or I don’t know… sometimes just mess your EMMC…
When installing the chip, you are soldering a point to this resistor, which can get damaged from the heat. Of course if you didn’t do anything to this component, the chance of that this is the issue is unlikely.

sharlimar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another case here.
Background, have done around 50 picoflys, 10 of them oled.
Always with cpu flex cable, dat0 v6 adapters and regular rp2040 zero with usb-c

Got my first zelda oled with sk hynix emmc.
Purple screen on boot ofw and failed init emmc on hetake.
Change the cmd resistor two times, didn't solve...

Did @dewolf solution, installed a hwfly v6 arm chip and in fact did unbrick. Disconnected hwfly and no purple screen.
Didn't try to reinstall picofly since I wanted to safe the console, just kept with the hwfly and all good. emmc benchmarks good.

I think @dewolf is right, something is up! I used a regular rp2040 zero with 2.73fw, not the chinese stuff "hwfly with rp2040" version and this happends...

Reactions: dewolf

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I maybe think even it is a bug of the 2.73 fw. I had the fw 2.73 fw installed on one china board and boom i had the purple screen and my cmd was damaged. Replaced it, no purple screen anymore. Then tried again 2.74 on another chip worked. I dont want to test if install the 2.74 on the old chip if it works because if not it could screw my cmd again

U are not serious right now and saying the picofly firmware breaks the cmd resistor.

I would say more its ur fault and not the firmwares fault

Last edited by Dee87,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well if you dont know what you are talking about i would just stfu ^^ i installed the chinaboard with the fw 2.73 into two consoles, one had the hwfly installed and worked great. Both were screwed immediately after i swapped the china board into these switches. After i replaced the cmd resistor i've installed another chip with 2.74 and it worked.

if you insist that it is my fault, then please tell me what i did wrong, before just claiming stupid things

Dude chill and don't tell me to stfu...

Otherwise we can have a meetup if ur willing to ;-)

U had to do something wrong.

There are 2 chances what it could be eather ur China boards or your fault.

2.73 doesn't have any issue otherwise I would have the same issue a few times and other installers also u don't think so?

2.73 has no issues but 2.74 on the other hand has issues with some boards due to the over clocking that's why its depreciated ;-)

So if you don't know what ur talking about u might wanna stfu

sharlimar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude chill and don't tell me to stfu...

Otherwise we can have a meetup if ur willing to ;-)

U had to do something wrong.

There are 2 chances what it could be eather ur China boards or your fault.

2.73 doesn't have any issue otherwise I would have the same issue a few times and other installers also u don't think so?

2.73 has no issues but 2.74 on the other hand has issues with some boards due to the over clocking that's why its depreciated ;-)

So if you don't know what ur talking about u might wanna stfu

I didn’t use Chinese boards, just regular rp2040 zero

And why the change of the cmd resistor is not solving the problem?

There’s already 3 persons at least that report this problem…
Don’t you think that could be something different happening?

Reactions: Relon

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn’t use Chinese boards, just regular rp2040 zero

And why the change of the cmd resistor is not solving the problem?

There’s already 3 persons at least that report this problem…
Don’t you think that could be something different happening?
okay now u say there are 3 known people with this issue now i know of personally of atleast 1000 devices that have the picofly installed
and thats what i know about , now there are probally 10-20.000 more devices by now that have a picofly installed if not even more. so ur telling me that its the picofly firmware wich is causing this issue ?

if the change of cmd resistor is not solving the problem then u most likley hase a emmc corrupted and this will be most likley caused by a dat0 adapter not set properly.

another cause of a purple screen is not known to me.

so if everyone one is saying this is a firmware problem why havent i atleast have one purple screen issue ? ive done 100+ devices and most of them are oled wich had the emmc reballed.

now i had this problem at my first install and i acidently destroyed the cmd resistor.

so now it ur turn to prove me why this is a firmware issue ?

sharlimar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the change of resistor didn't solve nothing so...assuming emmc got corrupted by the dat0 adapter like you say and if I didn't even touch the dat0 adapter, how do you explain the hwfly did unbrick the purple screen? If it was the dat0 adapter it should continuously getting the emmc corrupted even with the hwfly no?

I'm not saying purple screen was caused by picofly fw, it could be a bad instalation doesnt matter, what I found interesting is that in fact the hwfly does something the picofly can't

Would be nice for everyone if the picofly fw could do what the hwfly did...

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U are not serious right now and saying the picofly firmware breaks the cmd resistor.

I would say more its ur fault and not the firmwares fault
The fact that he lost his temper and started insulting over the claim that it was his fault says it all.
Any screen color you get is caused by you. Not the firmware, not anything else.

I broke 10 OLEDs after successfully installing over 50 in a row. You won't find me bitching about it here. I learned I improved, I moved on.

@Motordriver122 Don't insult others and stop acting like a little bitch. You did something wrong, find it, improve upon and STFU.

• Haha
Reactions: MrQQ and Relon

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another case here.
Background, have done around 50 picoflys, 10 of them oled.
Always with cpu flex cable, dat0 v6 adapters and regular rp2040 zero with usb-c

Got my first zelda oled with sk hynix emmc.
Purple screen on boot ofw and failed init emmc on hetake.
Change the cmd resistor two times, didn't solve...

Did @dewolf solution, installed a hwfly v6 arm chip and in fact did unbrick. Disconnected hwfly and no purple screen.
Didn't try to reinstall picofly since I wanted to safe the console, just kept with the hwfly and all good. emmc benchmarks good.

I think @dewolf is right, something is up! I used a regular rp2040 zero with 2.73fw, not the chinese stuff "hwfly with rp2040" version and this happends...

Thanks god someone trust me <3 :)

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
the most likely issue is using wrong resistors. you'll want 100/100/47, not 47/47/47. the china hwfly-like rp2040 boards are built wrong and have 47/47/47 on board so you'd need to replace those or add additional ones for dat0/cmd.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
@Dee87 Okay, seriously, did you just purposely ignore the fact that the people who say that their picofly boards brick their consoles ALSO say that the console doesn't boot with NOTHING installed (a.k.a., stock) after bricking it with their picofly? And then, on top of that, after trying to boot stock, they install the hwfly board, and it magically unbricks it; they remove the hwfly to make it stock, and it boots again. How do you explain that? How does a chip that has 'identical' features unbrick a console bricked by the other? I believe it is possible that it is a resistor issue, yes, but don't say that the hwfly doesn't unbrick it, because that is very clearly not true whatsoever. So far, nobody has definitively claimed to use 100/100/47 for their resistors, so it very well may be user error; however, don't discount the idea that hwfly is a 'magic unbricker' for units 'bricked' by hwfly, because that is a prime example of bigotry, and is offensive, because it may well be true. The fact that you yourself have not experienced the issue also does NOT make what you say the truth, because you may just have been very very lucky so far. I am not going to completely side with you on the user error remark for that reason alone, just stating it is a real possibility.

Reactions: dewolf

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Dee87 Okay, seriously, did you just purposely ignore the fact that the people who say that their picofly boards brick their consoles ALSO say that the console doesn't boot with NOTHING installed (a.k.a., stock) after bricking it with their picofly? And then, on top of that, after trying to boot stock, they install the hwfly board, and it magically unbricks it; they remove the hwfly to make it stock, and it boots again. How do you explain that? How does a chip that has 'identical' features unbrick a console bricked by the other? I believe it is possible that it is a resistor issue, yes, but don't say that the hwfly doesn't unbrick it, because that is very clearly not true whatsoever. So far, nobody has definitively claimed to use 100/100/47 for their resistors, so it very well may be user error; however, don't discount the idea that hwfly is a 'magic unbricker' for units 'bricked' by hwfly, because that is a prime example of bigotry, and is offensive, because it may well be true. The fact that you yourself have not experienced the issue also does NOT make what you say the truth, because you may just have been very very lucky so far. I am not going to completely side with you on the user error remark for that reason alone, just stating it is a real possibility.
Bro now can u show me where i stated that the hwfly doesnt unbrick the "bricked "Device

I can tell u out of experience not just mine, that a proper installed Pico has never Bricked a console.
there where one or to issue with some firmware releases but these firmware issue have always been resolved very fast and if u use the proper Firmware and Hardware (not these clone chips sure they are pretty much the same but we have no diagrams so no one can say for sure that they work) that is Posted in the OG thread u will not have any problems.

if that was the case there would be a lot more people having issues.
Like i say Most of the time is a Installer issue we are just humans and make mistakes even the best installers do.

i dont want to start a big discussion about this but the point is some people say its the picofly firmware with no proof what actually caused the device to brick.

VenCraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hi!, I have the solution!, same problem, I solved it by adding 4 resistors, yes, 4! on dat0, on a rp2040-tiny (and one more on cmd but I don't think it makes any difference). In fact, 235 ohms at dat0 (4 added + 1 on board), It only happened to me once with an emmc sk hynix.
Post automatically merged:

@Dee87 Bueno, en serio, ¿acabas de ignorar intencionalmente el hecho de que las personas que dicen que sus placas picofly bloquean sus consolas TAMBIÉN dicen que la consola no arranca sin NADA instalado (también conocido como stock? ) después de bloquearlo con su picofly? Y luego, además de eso, después de intentar arrancar el stock, instalan el tablero hwfly y mágicamente lo desbloquea; Quitan el hwfly para que funcione y arranca nuevamente. ¿Cómo explicas eso? ¿Cómo un chip que tiene características "idénticas" desbloquea una consola bloqueada por otra? Creo que es posible que sea un problema de resistencia, sí, pero no digáis que el hwfly no lo desbloquea, porque claramente eso no es cierto en absoluto. Hasta ahora, nadie ha afirmado definitivamente usar 100/100/47 para sus resistencias, por lo que es muy posible que se trate de un error del usuario; sin embargo, No descarte la idea de que hwfly es un 'desbloqueador mágico' para unidades 'bloqueadas' por hwfly, porque ese es un excelente ejemplo de intolerancia y es ofensivo, porque bien puede ser cierto. El hecho de que usted mismo no haya experimentado el problema tampoco significa que lo que dice sea verdad, porque es posible que haya tenido mucha suerte hasta ahora. No voy a ponerme completamente de tu lado en el comentario de error del usuario solo por esa razón, solo afirmaré que es una posibilidad real.
The difference is the value of the resistor that comes in dat0.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230929_170036_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230929_170036_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited by VenCraft,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto