Picofly (RP2040) OLED getting error Failed to init eMMC. But with HWFLY working fine.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My friend I think I know enough , this has nothing to do with the brand of the emmc.
If its not the cmd resistor, then its a corrupted emmc yes, and then since u used a dat0 adapter eather u used a cheap one which most likely will bridge dat0 with dat1 or u installed it wrong ;-).

And if u would be that smart u wouldn't use a dat0 Adapter anyways :-)

If its fresh out of the box has nothing to do with if its a "crappy" emmc or not its most of the time the installers fault ;-)

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
My friend I think I know enough , this has nothing to do with the brand of the emmc.
If its not the cmd resistor, then its a corrupted emmc yes, and then since u used a dat0 adapter eather u used a cheap one which most likely will bridge dat0 with dat1 or u installed it wrong ;-).

And if u would be that smart u wouldn't use a dat0 Adapter anyways :-)

If its fresh out of the box has nothing to do with if its a "crappy" emmc or not its most of the time the installers fault ;-)
LOL.
Maybe I should start recording my installations so people like you don't start faulting me.
I know what adapters to use and how to properly use them (already did close to 100 units).

Crappy eMMC means inferior product with high chance of failure. Since I opened it and worked on it, I cannot RMA even if legitly the fault of the product.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LOL.
Maybe I should start recording my installations so people like you don't start faulting me.
I know what adapters to use and how to properly use them (already did close to 100 units).

Crappy eMMC means inferior product with high chance of failure. Since I opened it and worked on it, I cannot RMA even if legitly the fault of the product.
Well then u gotta be damn perfect :-)
Every body makes mistakes we are human , the hardest part is to admit to them :-).
But I'm not gonna discuss this anymore since it doesn't make any sense :-) I've done enough skhynix to know they are not the issue but on the other side I only offer permanent dat0 and never use those trash dat0 adapters ;-)

Reactions: Hayato213

chaser8x

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Some picofly custom has problem. Mine got 5pcs cant boot Oled model (change to Hwfly the Oled work ok) but can use on Lite model.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230701-223543.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230701-223543.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 64

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
install an HWFLY and "magically" the switch will come back to life... trust me... i did it 3 times on Oled
Hwfly is not the answer for everything just install a rp2040 zero/tiny with the proper firmware and resistors and u won't have a issue.

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hwfly is not the answer for everything just install a rp2040 zero/tiny with the proper firmware and resistors and u won't have a issue.
if you've a purple Screen after install a picofly, the only way (that i found) to fix the problem, is to install an HWFLY (with arm chip, not the new rp2040 that is Picofly as well) and that fix the problem... switch come back to life and OFW works well...

if you've a better answer to fix the problem (instead of say that is just an installation problem... because i've already try every combination and i can sure tell you that isn't... ) i'm listening... for now that is the only way to fix the purple screen ;)

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you've a purple Screen after install a picofly, the only way (that i found) to fix the problem, is to install an HWFLY (with arm chip, not the new rp2040 that is Picofly as well) and that fix the problem... switch come back to life and OFW works well...

if you've a better answer to fix the problem (instead of say that is just an installation problem... because i've already try every combination and i can sure tell you that isn't... ) i'm listening... for now that is the only way to fix the purple screen ;)
I am not talking about the hwly Rp2040 or the other Rp2040s clone that are one aliexpress im talking about the rp2040 like zero/tiny and every other one that is Officially supported by The Firmware Those u can count as Picofly all the othere are reproduced knock off wich may be creating all the issues that people have.

i never ran into a issue with zero or tinys and by now i have probally installed 60+ of them and never had a issue

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am not talking about the hwly Rp2040 or the other Rp2040s clone that are one aliexpress im talking about the rp2040 like zero/tiny and every other one that is Officially supported by The Firmware Those u can count as Picofly all the othere are reproduced knock off wich may be creating all the issues that people have.

i never ran into a issue with zero or tinys and by now i have probally installed 60+ of them and never had a issue

I had purple screen with FRESH RP2040 zero
when i put HWFLY (arm chip) problem was fixed (same installation, same cable, same emmc adapter, just switch the chip)

i try again the RP2040 zero, again purple screen
i put HWFLY problem fixed
i try a FRESH new RP2040 zero with new resistor, again purple screen

i remove EMMC adapter, remove EMMC, connect direct cable to the DAT0, reball

try again with a FRESH NEW RP2040 (with new resitor, latest firmware) PURPLE SCREEN

i install again the HWFLY, problem fixed ....

i try with the HWFLY RP2040 (so a picofly) ... PURPLE SCREEN

so... again... if we want to HIDE that for some console, RP2040 cause problem, for me it's ok... but please don't say that is an installation problem. it just happen... i'll upload a youtube video on this installation... since everyone can check if i make some mistake (i'm a human, can happen) but with 3 different chip i got always same result

* EDIT * just to be CLEAR; installation go OK, i can boot into HEKATE (with rp2040) but when you try to create EMMC or to boot OFW you run into Purple Screen / EMMC Init Fail

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had purple screen with FRESH RP2040 zero
when i put HWFLY (arm chip) problem was fixed (same installation, same cable, same emmc adapter, just switch the chip)

i try again the RP2040 zero, again purple screen
i try a FRESH new RP2040 zero with new resistor, again purple screen

i remove EMMC adapter, remove EMMC, connect direct cable to the DAT0, reball

try again with a FRESH NEW RP2040 (with new resitor, latest firmware) PURPLE SCREEN

i install again the HWFLY, problem fixed ....

i try with the HWFLY RP2040 (so a picofly) ... PURPLE SCREEN

so... again... if we want to HIDE that for some console, RP2040 cause problem, for me it's ok... but please don't say that is an installation problem. it just happen... i'll upload a youtube video on this installation... since everyone can check if i make some mistake (i'm a human, can happen) but with 3 different chip i got always same result

* EDIT * just to be CLEAR; installation go OK, i can boot into HEKATE (with rp2040) but when you try to create EMMC or to boot OFW you run into Purple Screen / EMMC Init Fail
When u have emmc init issues u have to add a extra 47 ohm to dat0 and cmd or clk line (not sure which one it was ) next time try that if u every have that issue again should be solved then.
U don't always get the slow emmc message in that case

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When u have emmc init issues u have to add a extra 47 ohm to dat0 and cmd or clk line (not sure which one it was ) next time try that if u every have that issue again should be solved then.
U don't always get the slow emmc message in that case

so 2 resistor of 47 ohm on DAT0 ? (because i've already one on each C, A, D, Point)

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so 2 resistor of 47 ohm on DAT0 ? (because i've already one on each C, A, D, Point)
U can just do 100ohm on DAT 0 if u have it otherwise 2x47 are good enough
Post automatically merged:

U can do the same with cmd

MazterCell1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My latest Switch OLED with the POS called SK Hynix was bricked the moment I installed the RP2040. My user partition table went empty resulting in the purple screen rendering the device useless. Shit didn't even give me a chance to backup.

It seems the issue is with these shoddy eMMC.
Ive seen my fellow brothers repair this just like we repair emmc and ufs on cellphones so Im sure its not completely dead most of the important partitions should be able read via an medusa or easy

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Ive seen my fellow brothers repair this just like we repair emmc and ufs on cellphones so Im sure its not completely dead most of the important partitions should be able read via an medusa or easy
Without backup its useless. I've tried to revive it with a donor board no dice, the eMMC seemed damaged not corrupted. I've ordered a few Samasung chips in my first attempt in replacing these. Could honestly be a dud since the board had black markings all over it which is a clear indication that this board had been revised for an issue.

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Without backup its useless. I've tried to revive it with a donor board no dice, the eMMC seemed damaged not corrupted. I've ordered a few Samasung chips in my first attempt in replacing these. Could honestly be a dud since the board had black markings all over it which is a clear indication that this board had been revised for an issue.

i don't know why, but if you install an HWFLY, he will fix the problem with the partition and the console came back to life (at least if the problem is related to the Purple screen after a picofly install) i've personally done this two times

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
i don't know why, but if you install an HWFLY, he will fix the problem with the partition and the console came back to life (at least if the problem is related to the Purple screen after a picofly install) i've personally done this two times

Have you tried with 2 47ohm resistors on dat0 and cmd? I’m intrigued if it fixes purple screen on OLED if you say that hwfly works without any problem

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Did your switch still boot purple screen when you disconnect the chip or you're getting black screen? Mine always purple with or without so I don't think installing hwfly will aid the issue but its worth the shot.

When trying to write from the donor I end up with a fatal error unable to write.

MazterCell1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
have you tried reading with a emmc adaptor even if you can read a back im sure some partitions atleast the important ones should read

MazterCell1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recently ordered one so Ill check in a few weeks.
i can use my easy jtag and medusa if someone wants me to see if I can do anything honestly Im more about cellphones but we offer videogame repairs aswell but would like to dig deeper in the switch to add more services

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto