OLED Switch / hwfly clone question (hopefully easy)

steakk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a TOTK OLED Switch (HEG-001) and I purchased what was claimed to be an HWFLY Clone, pictured below. If I power up the chip without holding any buttons, the LED lights up Blue, then flashes green 6 times (3 sets of 2 blinks each).

I can connect it to my computer while holding the BOOT button and it shows up as a removable drive with the label of "RPI-RP2", and includes 2 files:
My confusion comes into place because I am seeing posts around the internet saying that there should also be an FPGA on the board, but I am not seeing one. I see the RP2040, the memory, and a 12mhz Oscillator.

Is there additional hardware that is needed? Or am I getting overloaded with information due to all of the variations of modchips and such?

If this is everything I need, where do I go from here? I have everything soldered into the Switch already, but I am not sure what I need to put onto this board for it to actually do its thing when the Switch is powered on. I know I am going to have to put some files on it, but I am not sure which ones, or what the file structure should be.

Anyone able to offer some assistance?

HQzf0JN.png

steakk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is basic all you need,plus jumper wire for the dat0 from that orange/brown dat0 adapter to the flex on the left.
@jkyoho - thank you for the prompt response. What about the process of actually putting the firmware onto the chip? I assume I need to drop some files/folders onto that chip so it knows what to do once it is installed into the Switch, right?

steakk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rp2040 firmware
put the uf2 file into the board when holding down boot button and connect to PC
Alrighty...I did that, and the board automatically disconnected itself from the computer...I assume to install the firmware that was just added. When I reconnect it to the computer, the uf2 file is gone, so I assume the board did what it needed to do with it.

At this point I should be ready to power up the Switch to see what happens, eh?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have all of your cfw files on the Switch's sd card. And a payload (fusee or hekate, for most people) that is renamed to payload.bin on the root of the sd.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
When I reconnect it to the computer, the uf2 file is gone, so I assume the board did what it needed to do with it.
uf2 wont show after flash and reconnect when holding boot again, but the chip should blink twice when you not holding boot button.

Show your soldering work on the console, You might have a installation wiring problem based on your error code blinks.

Last edited by jkyoho,

steakk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have all of your cfw files on the Switch's sd card. And a payload (fusee or hekate, for most people) that is renamed to payload.bin on the root of the sd.
@urherenow - Do you happen to have any documentation on the SD Card part of the process? I don't necessarily want you to type up a bunch of information, but a link to some sort of tutorial or something that may already exist for this configuration would be greatly appreciated! 😁

steakk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@urherenow and @jkyoho - I thank you both for your assistance, it was appreciated. I have concluded that my novice experiences with soldering has rendered my CLK Pad and Trace (D) unusable. I am waiting for some 38 AWG enameled copper wire to get delivered to try and repair the trace, but I am thinking that I am Sh*t Outta Luck.

In the meantime, I've reverted back to using my unpatched Erista model (Day 1 Release) to help scratch the itch to mod something. (Albeit, it can barely be referred to as 'modding' for that model 🤣)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto