Hacking triiforce mrc

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, I just installed Megaman 9 on NAND and oh boy it's full screen.

Problem is that with Emulated NAND it has black bars and now i have a 4:3 tv. When I dumped the nand i dsumped it with a 16:9 cfg. Is there any way to change the cfg in the emulated nand or force 4:3? Contra had the same problem but it could be fixed ingame..

halp

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Sabin_Figaro said:
Problem is that with Emulated NAND it has black bars and now i have a 4:3 tv. When I dumped the nand i dsumped it with a 16:9 cfg. Is there any way to change the cfg in the emulated nand or force 4:3? Contra had the same problem but it could be fixed ingame..
You need to make another NAND dump, this time using 4:3 TV settings from Wii Settings. I tested your problem and that should work
smile.gif
!

See ya!

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You mustn't overwrite/delete the title and ticket folders of the new dump.
You need to extract the data and content files from your old nand dump and transfer it to the new dump (but this won't work with every game).
The best methode is to make a new dump and install the wads again (with wad Manager 1.5).
The savestates can be transfered from the old dump (the data files in the title folder)

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I run Internet channel, Nintendo channel, Mii channel by triiforce mcr?

They need pretty big space on NAND. So I wanna use triiforce.

What should I do?

unsure.gif

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lejong2002 said:
How can I run Internet channel, Nintendo channel, Mii channel by triiforce mcr?

They need pretty big space on NAND. So I wanna use triiforce.

What should I do?

unsure.gif

You won't be able to run all these channels.
The simple reason is, that triiforce is not wifi compatible (at the moment).

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I have a 10gb partition on my USB HDD with an FS Dump using SimpleFS Dumper. MRC picks it up fine, but how do I go about getting wiiware/vc on usb? I have a 'private' folder on my 8gb SDHC, do I just copy this folder over or is there a specific method?

MyGen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
I have a 10gb partition on my USB HDD with an FS Dump using SimpleFS Dumper. MRC picks it up fine, but how do I go about getting wiiware/vc on usb? I have a 'private' folder on my 8gb SDHC, do I just copy this folder over or is there a specific method?

Remember, you are emulating your internal NAND, so as far as the Wii is concerned, it is just playing installed WADs as it would normally. With that said, Wad Manager 1.5, ShowMiiWads or wad2nand are your options. Just install the WADs to your emulated NAND, rather than the 'real' one.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some odd reason my triiforce (when booted from SD card through homebrew channel) only loads the Wii NAND, No option to select SD or USB NAND. Why?

svin83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
jhoff80 said:
Pretty sure it's an SDHC issue. I had similar issues with the original triiforce a while back. I can't confirm that this works with SDHC because I'm using a FAT partition now.

Lol.
Does this mean that fat partitions and sdhc are mutualy exlusive?
tongue.gif

haha

svin83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
dipswitch said:
ashexx said:
I see that there are now banners for tales of monkey island. Can someone confirm that this wiiware now works with triiforce? I alway got a green screen hang when trying this.

No they still don't work. I get green screen on both 1 and 2.

Still no change. I downloaded the last version of the app, and all 3 episodes of monkey island greenscreen and then just lock up.
If I try using a forwarder like the ones made by crap 2.4b then there's a strange message. like it can't find the correct .dol

Worth checking out if you're bugfixing this:P

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
svin83 said:
dipswitch said:
ashexx said:
I see that there are now banners for tales of monkey island. Can someone confirm that this wiiware now works with triiforce? I alway got a green screen hang when trying this.

No they still don't work. I get green screen on both 1 and 2.

Still no change. I downloaded the last version of the app, and all 3 episodes of monkey island greenscreen and then just lock up.
If I try using a forwarder like the ones made by crap 2.4b then there's a strange message. like it can't find the correct .dol

Worth checking out if you're bugfixing this:P

the monkey island games dont work with triiforce (yet).

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

Absolutely love this app! Great to see NAND emulation has come this far in a somewhat short time...

But i need HELP:
I'm running cois 249 R14 on a pal wii (3.4E) , made a nand backup with simplefs 0.2.
I start triiforce mrc (V7), it shows all the wads i added to the backup. I select a game, and it boots & plays perfectly... so far so good!

But this is where the trouble starts : when i hit the home button and try to exit to the wii-menu, it give's a black screen and freezes. Wiimote loses sync, and all that's left is a hard reset... The wads i installed are NTSC. I even tried making them region-free, to see if that could solve my problem. No luck... Can anyone tel me what the normal way of exiting wii-ware or vc is? Sorry if i'm completely noob-ing here, but i've been searching all over this forum and anything related to freezes in triiforce sould allready be bug-fixed!

I'm getting a little tired of hard-resetting my wii... so : PLEASE HELP!

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
ii-c-going said:
Hi everyone,

Absolutely love this app! Great to see NAND emulation has come this far in a somewhat short time...

But i need HELP:
I'm running cois 249 R14 on a pal wii (3.4E) , made a nand backup with simplefs 0.2.
I start triiforce mrc (V7), it shows all the wads i added to the backup. I select a game, and it boots & plays perfectly... so far so good!

But this is where the trouble starts : when i hit the home button and try to exit to the wii-menu, it give's a black screen and freezes. Wiimote loses sync, and all that's left is a hard reset... The wads i installed are NTSC. I even tried making them region-free, to see if that could solve my problem. No luck... Can anyone tel me what the normal way of exiting wii-ware or vc is? Sorry if i'm completely noob-ing here, but i've been searching all over this forum and anything related to freezes in triiforce sould allready be bug-fixed!

I have found that most games will reset the WII (and therefore return to SM) if you hit 'Home' then 'Reset' - not 'Wii Menu'

There have only been 2 or 3 that actually reset the software on my machine, so I removed those and trained the kids to exit to SM by using the 'Reset' button. Maybe the same will work for you until an update is released that exits gracefully
wink.gif

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tristar said:
ii-c-going said:
Hi everyone,

But i need HELP:

I have found that most games will reset the WII (and therefore return to SM) if you hit 'Home' then 'Reset' - not 'Wii Menu'

There have only been 2 or 3 that actually reset the software on my machine, so I removed those and trained the kids to exit to SM by using the 'Reset' button. Maybe the same will work for you until an update is released that exits gracefully
wink.gif

Uhm... never mind! I figured out my commonkey.bin was corrupt somehow... It only did this with wads i later added with showmiiwads! I let showmiiwads regenerate the key and voila, everything boots AND exits normally!

Again, sorry for being a total noob...
blush.gif
and thnx anyway for the quick reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8