Hacking Transcend class 4 8GB - worth it?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I found one to buy at a local store for $45 and I'm wondering if any of you ever used them in games and could tell me if they lag in the Castlevania DoS intro.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never used it myself. You can always try it yourself and then return it if you don't like the results. I can barely fill up my 2G micro sd. I don't see what you want the 8G for but it seems pretty cool. If you can read on the card itself if it says made in Japan on the micro sd card I think it will be very fast and completely fine.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
golden said:
If you can read on the card itself if it says made in Japan on the micro sd card I think it will be very fast and completely fine.

That only applies to Kingston/Toshiba.
Well I have one made in Japan that is neither one of those brands(PNY Technologies) and it works perfect and when I switch to a chinese made card it lags on Castlevania DoS intro so in my experience, the Japan made brands have worked for me no matter what company they are from. This has just been my experience though.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
gratefulbuddy said:
golden said:
If you can read on the card itself if it says made in Japan on the micro sd card I think it will be very fast and completely fine.

Well I have one made in Japan that is neither one of those brands(PNY Technologies) and it works perfect and when I switch to a chinese made card it lags on Castlevania DoS intro so in my experience, the Japan made brands have worked for me no matter what company they are from. This has just been my experience though.

PNY is rebranded Toshiba.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
golden said:
gratefulbuddy said:
golden said:

PNY is rebranded Toshiba.
That's cool.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally I haven't had a problem with Transcend, but if it comes to shelling out a couple more bucks for a Kingston/Sandisk/Toshiba, feel free to buy those instead. I haven't played PoR yet with it.

sueil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can't speak on this card itself. However trying to fill up my 8GB card is a bit of hard time. Even with 70 games on there I barely topped 4GB. A lot of those games though were not really ones I would think are worth playing under normal circumstances. I just threw em on because I had space. 8 GB might be a good invesment with the future in mind. However right now? There is no where near 8GB worth of good games.

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its like this.
The bigger the memory say 8gb micro sdhc, you would end up lacking the speed to read. (they tend to be class 4)
IF you settle with a 4gb micro sdhc you get a class 6 reader which is much faster.
And its cheaper to buy 2x4gb msdhc.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Just bought it. There seems to be no ingame lag nor lag with DoS intro. Formatted 64K cluster. I'm almost certain it would lag with the Supercard OS, but the DSTT handles everything so smooth. Tried a bit of PoR. Moderate freezes sometimes when accessing the warp stones, no freezes at all while actually scrolling through the points. I can live with it. I have a question: which other games require fast memory?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd wait till the 12 gigs drop, and then you can bet the 8s will go down and the Class 6 ones will start cropping up.

Just think, the 16 gig Memory Stick Pro Duo was like $300 in March. I bought one for half that last week.

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
I'd wait till the 12 gigs drop, and then you can bet the 8s will go down and the Class 6 ones will start cropping up.

Just think, the 16 gig Memory Stick Pro Duo was like $300 in March. I bought one for half that last week.
Jester were would I find a 12gb micro sdhc?

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GX255 said:
jesterscourt said:

Jester were would I find a 12gb micro sdhc?

is there such thing? I though there was 32,64,128,256,512,1g,2,4,8,16...32...?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I haven't heard of 12GB yet, but I have heard of 6. Yes it is always easier to manufacture memories that exponentiate on 2(2,4,8,16...) but it's not impossible to create a memory of a different size, besides imagine the day 64GB memories come out. Who in the world would want to wait until an 128 comes out, they'd much rather buy an 80 gig when it's available cause the classical exponential growth is going to get so massive that it might take forever until its double comes out.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Been playing MK, and online too. Haven't had one freeze, except for the one time when the network screwed up and I tried disconnecting from it and the little wheel kept spinning but it never finished so I soft reset. That doesn't count.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using Transcend cards for years with no issues at all. Still use an old Transcend 2GB SD on the Wii....still works great! I can absolutely recommend these cards as being compatible (never had an issue...ever) and reliable.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I saw them demo'ing a 12 gig Sandisk card during an expo a few months ago. My memories must be playing tricks on me, I'm aware of the whole exponent theory, argh, I wish I could remember which expo it was.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
*points to his post above* I dun think it was playing tricks at all, they just can't keep up the whole exponent thing as they keep getting so large, it's becoming unpractical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright @SylverReZ you win, lets go double or nothing.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
    +2
  • O @ Olqase93:
    Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🛌 Shhhhhhh
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    homebrew your DSi and forgo the flashcard with NDS bootstrap or something along those lines
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰
    Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.
    +2
    I like PSP on my Pi lol
    Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Finally got an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for another month. It's already been 4- days of loud ringing in my left ear, substantial pain on left side of my neck and left side on the back of my head. Doctors here at the regular clinic put me on a couple different meds for a month that did absolutely nothing, then they told me there's nothing more they can do for me despite being in pain and my ear sounding like im underwater and ringing.
    Then three chiropractor appointments which also didn't help at all so i didn't go to the 4th. Been trying to get ahold of this ENT clinic out of town for a week and finally got an appointment set up. But its not til the 17th of July so I have to suffer all this shit for nearly another month.
    I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking in sleep because of the pain and ringing.
    :sad::sad::sad: for RCS
    @RedColoredStars, Vegas nerve compression?
    Sometimes caused by spinal fluid buildup in that area
    Can't wait for someone to add ray tracing and that kind of stuff lol
    @Psionic Roshambo No idea. Clinic put me on Prednisose for 5 days, then Augmentin for 10 days, then Prednisone for another 15 days. When that was done and there was absolutely no change, I went to the chiropractor. Had three appointments where he cracked my neck and spine. No change so i didn't go back to the 4th appointment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @Psionic Roshambo No idea. Clinic put me on Prednisose for 5 days, then Augmentin for 10 days...