Hacking Transcend class 4 8GB - worth it?

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I've got an 8GB card, And I filled it up rather fast, actually.

5.6 GB Rom and Homebrew stuff

2 GB Music. (My full library is more akin to 20. I hate having to choose.)

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when I still had a 1 GB card, no less than 800 MB of it was filled with games at any time. Now that I have a 4 GB card, at least 2 GB of it is filled with DPG files.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are reports the adata card has faster random read access than the transcend. And that it really matters more than the raw speed.

esung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want fast speed, go for class 6 instead of class 4. label it class 4 certainly means the card can't attain 6MB/s speed for the class 6 rating. however certain high speed class 6 cards can have much faster I/O speed, since there isn't any high rating then class 6 on the SDHC rating. my SDHC microSD has a minimum 10MB/s transfer speed, on average it's 15MB/s (only dip to 10MB/s when switching chips for a moment).

another thing to consider is, cheap flash cards certainly means it's MLC flash, which is slower then SLC. SLC will give you a lot of speed and erase cycle, but cost is really high(3-4 times of MLC), you'd only see SLC in performance cards or Industrial grade cards.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to follow up:

I purchased the exact card in question and received it yesterday. It works great. I have not experienced any slowdown at all using it on the CycloDS, and I have LOADED it up with over 100 nds titles and about the same amount in GBA games. Great card at a killer price!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: