Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Dehumanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey so, you repeatedly say that your Wii u needs to be homebrew ready for the tokyo mirage sessions patch.

If I can already use Loadiine games on my wii u via SD card to play them, why do I need further hacking?

Also, if this really is the case, is there a way to JUST get the outfits and cinematics replaced without having to "homebrew enable" my Wii u?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/ probably explains it better but it's just what you did with Loadiine the first time you used it.

Last edited by Dehumanize,

KuraudoSutoraifu

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey so, you repeatedly say that your Wii u needs to be homebrew ready for the tokyo mirage sessions patch.

If I can already use Loadiine games on my wii u via SD card to play them, why do I need further hacking?

Also, if this really is the case, is there a way to JUST get the outfits and cinematics replaced without having to "homebrew enable" my Wii u?

If you can use Loadiine, then you're good to go - Loadiine IS a homebrew application, so if you're using it already then yes, your Wii U is "homebrew enabled".

Dehumanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got the latest 9.4 patch and installed it. Using the verification of the installer says that everything is fine except for pack_031_message. I show its md5 hash as A22F06A726BE3966450AC0283FBA81B8 when the post above a bit is saying it should be 735467DFA5AA65EE04D5C61FC2B8992A instead.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong?

Edit: It does seem that the pack_031_message.xdelta file is more recent than the updated.md5 file. Is it just that that has been updated and the new md5 file wasn't?

Just checked and pack_031_message.xdelta does give an error but the game runs fine so far.

Dekirai

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Successfully completed the game 2 times.
First Normal and then Lunatic.
Worked perfectly without any crashes or something else.
I also did all the Sidequests, I couldn't find any bug or other stuff.
Very nice patch. :)
(It took me 49 hours to complete the game for the first time, lol)

Shizumasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For all that gets an error while doing the patch test. Just redownload the patched.md5 and replace that. If you run the test again, it should pass it fine. You probably downloaded the patch before they updated the patched.md5. Though even with the error it should be okay to go, it's only the hash that doesn't match.

marsfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I put the patched game on an SD card that had folders with comic book files in it as it's the only ad card I have big enough for the increased size (whatever reason that is). When I try to load it I get an error that only says "SD load failed"

Is it because of those other folders?

ArcaneWeapon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all that gets an error while doing the patch test. Just redownload the patched.md5 and replace that. If you run the test again, it should pass it fine. You probably downloaded the patch before they updated the patched.md5. Though even with the error it should be okay to go, it's only the hash that doesn't match.

It's not that. I literally JUST downloaded the latest version and I'm getting the md5 error. I think it's because that file was updated today and the md5 was last updated yesterday. So there's currently no way to fix it by re-downloading.

Shizumasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not that. I literally JUST downloaded the latest version and I'm getting the md5 error. I think it's because that file was updated today and the md5 was last updated yesterday. So there's currently no way to fix it by re-downloading.

I see. It worked for me. Anyway, you don't have to worry. The patch is good to go even without testing.

Stein&Recline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the latest version of the patching utility (ver. 1.7)??
Try with that and tell me if still isn't working.

I'm on 1.7 yes. Been having the same problem on every version. I'm beginning to think something's wrong on my end. I'm gonna find my 32 gig SD and see if the files run properly on loadiine.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Hello. First off, thank you for the amazing work. Unfortunately I'm having an issue with the patcher: it used to work fine when the patch was on versions 0.9 and 0.9.1, but since 0.9.3 and including the current 1.7 utility, patching the 030, 031 and 050 files always fails:
MZTHZRv.png

I tried both updating a previously-working patched iso from 0.9.1 and patching an untouched iso of the game, but once the process gets to those three packs, it always gives me "incorrect" messages and only patches part of what it's supposed to, leaving me with an 8.89 GB patched iso rather than the ~12 it's supposed to be. If it can help any, I'm on Windows 10. Thanks.

EDIT: The Error on the 999_etc_om pack in the image is caused by me updating a 0.9.1 patched iso that does not have that file in the Original folder. It gives a pass on an untouched iso, but the other three still don't.
Try checking your clean dump, we hava file called untouched.md5 that can be used to check if your dump of the game was done correctly.

I just got the latest 9.4 patch and installed it. Using the verification of the installer says that everything is fine except for pack_031_message. I show its md5 hash as A22F06A726BE3966450AC0283FBA81B8 when the post above a bit is saying it should be 735467DFA5AA65EE04D5C61FC2B8992A instead.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong?

Edit: It does seem that the pack_031_message.xdelta file is more recent than the updated.md5 file. Is it just that that has been updated and the new md5 file wasn't?
Just checked and pack_031_message.xdelta does give an error but the game runs fine so far.
Yeah, our fault. We updated message but forgot to updated the md5 hash for it, it is updated now. Redownload patched.md5 and try again.

Successfully completed the game 2 times.
First Normal and then Lunatic.
Worked perfectly without any crashes or something else.
I also did all the Sidequests, I couldn't find any bug or other stuff.
Very nice patch. :)
(It took me 49 hours to complete the game for the first time, lol)
Thanks for reporting that the game can be completed using our patch, we haven't had time to play the game from start to finish.

I'm on 1.7 yes. Been having the same problem on every version. I'm beginning to think something's wrong on my end. I'm gonna find my 32 gig SD and see if the files run properly on loadiine.
Give it a try. You can find me on the discord chat on the OP, maybe we can think something to make it work out.

Sorry for the late response but we have been busy.

marsfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently patched the game and since the new size was so large I had to throw it on another SD card that I also have comics on. I tried booting it up, but I got "sd load error" and the wii u was just frozen.

Is this because the SD card had other stuff on it, or because somehow the patching process went wrong?

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
So I recently patched the game and since the new size was so large I had to throw it on another SD card that I also have comics on. I tried booting it up, but I got "sd load error" and the wii u was just frozen.

Is this because the SD card had other stuff on it, or because somehow the patching process went wrong?
Maybe your other sd card isn't formatted on fat32, but you can move a folder called "original" that is created by the patcher. the game size should be around 12.4gb

Avryx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newcomer here, sorry if this is posted somewhere, but didn't see a specific situation. Trying to see if it is worth me going to homebrew to play this patched version. I have physical collectors copy of the game that came with DLC codes that I already used (mainly interested in the dungeon DLC) and a 4gb sd card.

I'm wondering if I can play the physical copy somehow and just have the patch on the sd card with homebrew installed, or does a copy of the game need to be on the sd card so I'd have to get a bigger card?

And if so, I'd need a copy of smash to be able to use the DLC?

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Newcomer here, sorry if this is posted somewhere, but didn't see a specific situation. Trying to see if it is worth me going to homebrew to play this patched version. I have physical collectors copy of the game that came with DLC codes that I already used (mainly interested in the dungeon DLC) and a 4gb sd card.

I'm wondering if I can play the physical copy somehow and just have the patch on the sd card with homebrew installed, or does a copy of the game need to be on the sd card so I'd have to get a bigger card?

And if so, I'd need a copy of smash to be able to use the DLC?
Is everything in the FAQ but I'll explain your specific situation.

You'll need a 16gb card minimum. The game is ~12gb and you need to have a dump of it to play it through loadiine (the backup launcher).
Is not possible to use a physical (or eShop) copy of the game with the patch. You'll still need it to make a dump of it. The means to do it are explained in the OP.
You need a copy of smash (physical or eShop, doesn't matter) to use the DLC because that method of launching is the only current way for loadiine to do it.

marsfalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your other sd card isn't formatted on fat32, but you can move a folder called "original" that is created by the patcher. the game size should be around 12.4gb

Alright I removed the original folder from the thing and slapped it in the SD Card.

NOW I get an error that says "FSgetMountSource failed"

So...what does that mean? And why does my original version still work but not the patched version?

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Alright I removed the original folder from the thing and slapped it in the SD Card.

NOW I get an error that says "FSgetMountSource failed"

So...what does that mean? And why does my original version still work but not the patched version?
That message appears when the wii u can't read the sd card, can be because isn't formatted on fat32 or because there is nothing inserted or because is doing a bad contact and has happened to me too that it was because the wii u felt like giving that error, I just ejected and reinserted my sd card and everything worked as always.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've updated the OP A little.

MD5s aren't always updated, as it can be a hastle with how much I've been updating certain files, so if message or lua return an error, you'll be fine.
I do advise not even checking your MD5s, unless it's a last resort, you'll know if your patch worked or not simply by wheter or not the game actually runs.

Shadowkoolzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i Have this problem with the patcher if some on could please help me i downloaded a loadiine ready iso and it working fine so i wanted to patch it but every time i try to do so with the new 1.7 version it tells me that i am missing a bunch of .cpk files cans someone please halp me, thank u
upload_2016-7-5_6-43-51.png

Last edited by Shadowkoolzz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?