Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

seifersythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You should just dump your own copy instead of downloading the game. Then keep the backup of the original files whenever you patch them (automatically put in the "original" folder by the patcher)

If you haven't bought the game, do it! Support the developers if you want more games like this!

I have a copy of the game. Bought it Day 1. However, I'm not quite sure how to dump my own copy.

Regardless, I found another copy and applied the patch, which seems to work well.

Except that the button prompts for the "A" button are in Japanese. "Enter room" "Buy Drink" Things like that. It's not a major hindrance and am quite happy to find that that's the only apparent problem as of right now.

What file would those prompts correspond to in the game folder so I can make an attempt to replace it?

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Aaaand error again in the new patched "pack_031_message" md5 check

Aaaannd.... Whoops, applied the wrong message patch file to my messages cpk, I'll just fix that in a second.

I have a copy of the game. Bought it Day 1. However, I'm not quite sure how to dump my own copy.

Regardless, I found another copy and applied the patch, which seems to work well.

Except that the button prompts for the "A" button are in Japanese. "Enter room" "Buy Drink" Things like that. It's not a major hindrance and am quite happy to find that that's the only apparent problem as of right now.

What file would those prompts correspond to in the game folder so I can make an attempt to replace it?

We provide links in the FAQ on how to dump your own game, it's a simple process.

Also, those button prompts should not be appearing like that at all, we didn't touch a single file relating to them.

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Nan-no -> Young Rabbits"
Well, that would explain what what that "Nan-no" thing that I keep hearing NPCs talking about.

Dehumanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This probably isn't due to the patch but when I was fighting the boss of Mamori's first side quest he somehow had infinite turns and attacked atleast 7 times in a row.
At some point bosses get 2 turns but this guy just kept going till everyone was dead.. I leveled up a bit to prepare for that part but he never did it again so I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Yeloazndevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This probably isn't due to the patch but when I was fighting the boss of Mamori's first side quest he somehow had infinite turns and attacked atleast 7 times in a row.
At some point bosses get 2 turns but this guy just kept going till everyone was dead.. I leveled up a bit to prepare for that part but he never did it again so I don't think that's supposed to happen.
I once encountered a boss that did 8 turns in a row in my first playthough but didn't happen on my 2nd. 2nd playthrough it was 4 turns in a row

Last edited by Yeloazndevil,

Dehumanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I once encountered a boss that did 8 turns in a row in my first playthough but didn't happen on my 2nd. 2nd playthrough it was 4 turns in a row

I was using 9.3 when that happened, can't get it to happen again on 9.4. That's the first time I've seen a boss with more than 2 turns on hard but I'm still at chapter 4.

Last edited by Dehumanize,

Yeas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I really want to get the DLC working. Went out and bought Super Smash. Installed the Homebrew Channel via that method, but... now what? There's only one SD card slot, which is being occupied by the 2GB SD card for the Homebrew, so how do I get my 20GB card with TMS on it. And how do I launch the Wii U game from the Wii Homebrew channel?

I was using the browser exploit in Wii U with loadiine and that was super easy. This is giving me a migraine though -_-;

Edit: I've been googling for an hour and can find nothing on this :sad:

Last edited by Yeas,

Mwiff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I really want to get the DLC working. Went out and bought Super Smash. Installed the Homebrew Channel via that method, but... now what? There's only one SD card slot, which is being occupied by the 2GB SD card for the Homebrew, so how do I get my 20GB card with TMS on it. And how do I launch the Wii U game from the Wii Homebrew channel?

I was using the browser exploit in Wii U with loadiine and that was super easy. This is giving me a migraine though -_-;

Edit: I've been googling for an hour and can find nothing on this :sad:

Use the same SD card for both.

As to the creators of the patch, thanks very much =)!

Dudboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the stuff I've read says the homebrew SD card has to be on a 2GB SD card or smaller, which would never fit TMS.

Go read over the Loadiine thread again https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/ . Nowhere in the SSB mode launch instructions does it say you need the Wii Homebrew channel, nor a separate SD card. You just need a SSB for Wii U disc inserted into the Wii U, and then choose to launch TMS via SSB mode in Loadiine.

Yeas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go read over the Loadiine thread again https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/ . Nowhere in the SSB mode launch instructions does it say you need the Wii Homebrew channel, nor a separate SD card. You just need a SSB for Wii U disc inserted into the Wii U, and then choose to launch TMS via SSB mode in Loadiine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Everything I read made me think I needed the Smash Stack (https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/exploits/smash-stack) which would require everything I've been complaining about. Never came across this launch method before.

Edit: Great, I'm a huge idiot. I bought Smash for Wii U, thinking that was right, then kept seeing tons of references to Smash for Wii, so I returned the Wii U Smash for the Wii one only to now find out I needed the other one all along. I'm going to go shoot myself now.

Last edited by Yeas,

Shizumasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Everything I read made me think I needed the Smash Stack (https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/exploits/smash-stack) which would require everything I've been complaining about. Never came across this launch method before.

Edit: Great, I'm a huge idiot. I bought Smash for Wii U, thinking that was right, then kept seeing tons of references to Smash for Wii, so I returned the Wii U Smash for the Wii one only to now fund out I needed the other one all along. I'm going to go shoot myself now.

It happens. XD
If you never came across the launch method, like me before, you need to get the latest nightly build of Loadiine.

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This is making me so mad: i can't patch my game, i did all steps right and even the patcher shows a windows with the message "everything is done!" (or something like that) i tried to use the verification option of the patcher and it marks all options with error i'm close to giving up with this: how could i fix this? please help me :(

BeanBeanKingdom

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is making me so mad: i can't patch my game, i did all steps right and even the patcher shows a windows with the message "everything is done!" (or something like that) i tried to use the verification option of the patcher and it marks all options with error i'm close to giving up with this: how could i fix this? please help me :(
I had the same issue until earlier today. In the end, I just had to redownload the game and the patch from scratch, and it worked. Something must've got messed up somewhere along the way.

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I had the same issue until earlier today. In the end, I just had to redownload the game and the patch from scratch, and it worked. Something must've got messed up somewhere along the way.
I think i will just give up, so much work thanks anyway :)

Kirtai

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All the stuff I've read says the homebrew SD card has to be on a 2GB SD card or smaller, which would never fit TMS.
You only need a 2GB normal SD card for the initial hack of the virtual Wii. After that, use any card you want to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme