Homebrew The Wii U Homebrew Request Thread

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it is actually coming along okay, but it seems that a dynarec alone doesn't get quiiite enough performance for fullspeed. while I advocate for just releasing it anyway other people on the project would prefer to iron out all the kinks first and do additional things like multithreading
its weird that wiisxrx dynarec plays almost all ps1 games fullspeed without any multi threads and watnot especially if you do the vwii overclock(and many without) and yet a native wiiu ps1 emu with dynarec cant? Maybe the dynarec isnt well implemented or the codding isnt, just seems super weird to me.Have you been following the wii ps1 emu scene? a new user just added cdda music to it and made compatibility much higher overall.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiisxrx_2022-another-fork-of-wiisxrx-released.614405/

Reactions: depaul

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it is actually coming along okay, but it seems that a dynarec alone doesn't get quiiite enough performance for fullspeed. while I advocate for just releasing it anyway other people on the project would prefer to iron out all the kinks first and do additional things like multithreading
Thank you for this information ! Since my last reply I was trying to put nulldc in ppsspp on my Wii U but without sucess... I can't wait to play Dreamcast on the Wii U ^^.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for this information ! Since my last reply I was trying to put nulldc in ppsspp on my Wii U but without sucess... I can't wait to play Dreamcast on the Wii U ^^.
he was talking about ps1 wiiu development not dreamcast lol

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like he said there are no ppc architeture dreamcast emulators, so its like making an emulator from scratch... its not gonna happen, your better off moving to switch or other console for that.
Im absolutely no expert when it comes to programming but wouldnt it be easier to get a Retroarch emulator core to work on the wiiu than to create an entirely new emulator?
Flycast would be a good candidate.

https://docs.libretro.com/library/flycast/

Last edited by JasonH,
Reactions: Jilou

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Im absolutely no expert when it comes to programming but wouldnt it be easier to get a Retroarch emulator core to work on the wiiu than to create an entirely new emulator?
Flycast would be a good candidate.

https://docs.libretro.com/library/flycast/
again retroarch cores are emulators too it makes no difference if they are retroarch cores or not, if they arent written in ppc its extremely hard to make a dynarec for them, since you would need to do it from scratch almost.

Reactions: Jilou

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
again retroarch cores are emulators too it makes no difference if they are retroarch cores or not, if they arent written in ppc its extremely hard to make a dynarec for them, since you would need to do it from scratch almost.
Thanks for the explanations, I understand it better.

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the Dreamcast emulator for the xbox360 it was ppc based. Couldnt someone work off of that?
https://github.com/gligli/nulldc-360

Last edited by JasonH,
Reactions: ber71 and Jilou

Walegy0569

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a request- I know this may seem like an unpopular thing nowadays but what if we upgrade the source code for Onscripter Wii? I previously tested it on virtual Wii, and it has some bugs with the visual novels I got. Anyway I'll leave a link to the source code if anyone seems interested. But here are the issues-

1. I have a widescreen issue specifically with MGQ Remastered.

2. It lags with the game I previously mentioned. (And also, with Killer Queen).

So, I know there is brand new implementations of Onscripter called "Onscripter Plus." Now the link for the source code I can't PUT- but look up "Onscripter Wii", and go to the Github page for that. But that's just my request.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Since my last wish (Amiibo emulation) has already been granted, I'm thinking of a new one:
Been able to access Mass usb drive from vWii injected emulators and Nintendont so I can load my games from a separate hdd with Ustealth and gamepad support.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FB_IMG_1665534870478.jpg

For my infamous pun... Any chance we could see ioQuake3 ported on WiiU?

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I want a more superior FTPiiU/Everywhere for Tiramisu, so far the CBHC Everywhere's quality is like the original Everywhere: slow when it comes to 200-300 megabytes

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dreams......
An updated version of wiimednafen, via the source code of Latest MEDNAFEN
A port of vectrexyemulator because the vectrex emulation in retroarch is....Shit!!
A tool to make any flash game to a wiiU UP (dreaming of supermario63.swf on wiiU!)
An updated version of loadiine, because when you have multiple wiiu like me, the games on SD works on everywiiU!
A tool to make a wiiu forwarder VERY easily in few clicks and in a minute so you don't have to be a dev!!!!
VOTE FOR MY IDEAS!!!!

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Reactions: fmhugo

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, the FTP server now works when i used an old elf version
Anyways, we need a homebrew on the Wii U that lets us take selfies. Something like a front camera test.

Last edited by KeeperCP1,
Reactions: V800

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo