PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
---------------------------------------------------------2022/09/03 update--------------------------------------------------------------
Revised content of the new version
1: The problem that the sound pitch is too fast has also been solved, and many game sounds have become correct.
2: Basically, it supports CDDA. Please help test the multi track games.
3: Except the cdda part, the CDROM code of pcsxReArm has almost been merged.
The compatibility of the game has been further improved, and some more games can be run.
4: Other minor amendments

---------------------------------------------------------2022/07/01 update--------------------------------------------------------------
Revised content of the new version
1. Support Korean. In order to support more languages, modify the language selection method
2. Fix the error When open the "Settings" section and then click on the "Saves" button
3. Add support for load the fonts from USB.
The system automatically reads the font from SD and USB, If there is no font, use the embedded English font
4. When selecting files, cue files are displayed first, and other files with the same name are not displayed

---------------------------------------------------------Old message-----------------------------------------------------------------------
First , thanks to the efforts of the original authors of wiisxrx, wiisxr, wiisx, I can play PS games on Wii.
I have also invested a lot of time and energy in this project recently, and released the first version.

Please refer to the following address for details:
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022

## The following changes have been made to the code based on wiisxrx.

* Incorporating the CDROM and cdiso codes of pcsxrearmed, the compatibility of the system has been more improved.
Many games that could not be run or had problems before can be run.

* Combined the dfsound module of pcsxrearmed and used the SDL Library.
The sound quality of the system has been more improved.

* Modification of some dynamic compilation instructions, such as sllv, SRLV, srav, FF9 and biohazard3 can be run.
(Part of the division instruction uses a static compilation instruction)

* Support for multiple languages.
At first, I wanted to refer to snes9xgx and support TTF font library.
However, it encountered a memory leak problem, resulting in automatic exit.
So it can only be made into a specific font.
Font char information: first two byte: BigEndianUnicode char code, followed by a character picture in IA8 format with a size of 24 * 24.

* For some customed Chinese culture games, specific BIOS is automatically loaded.
For example: sd:\wiisxrx\isos\武藏传.ISO => sd:\wiisxrx\bios\武藏传.bin

* Other minor corrections, such as disc changing and automatic fixed of some games.

## Goals(Please help me, or let us work together.)

* Improve GTE code to provide 3D game speed.
Although I used paired single instruction, but the speed is basically not improved

* Use the display mode of GL to provide image quality and performance.
I don't know anything about OpenGL, and I don't know if I can use grrlib.

※※※ It reads a font file in a fixed location, So make sure that [sd:/wiisxrx/fonts/chs.dat] exists ※※※

## Compilation information

* PPC29 + Libogc_1.8.16 + SDL
You can download everything here: https://wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
The compiled SDL is here: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/libSDL.a

## The following is the basic code information

![WiiSXRX logo](./logo.jpg)

Fork of WiiSXR (a port of PCSX-R), a PSX emulator for the Gamecube / Wii / Wii U.

The starting point for this code base will be Mystro256's WiiSXR, a continuation of
daxtsu's libwupc mod of wiisx, which is in turn based off of Matguitarist's "USB mod5".

* Please see the following link for details:
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2524

* WiiSX is GNU GPL and the source can be found here:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/pcsxgc/downloads

* WiiSXR is GNU GPL and the source can be found here:
https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr

* libwupc and libwiidrc are also GPL, which can be found here:
https://github.com/FIX94/libwupc
https://github.com/FIX94/libwiidrc

Attachments

• wiisxrx_2022_Ver20220618.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 261
  • libSDL.zip
    288.6 KB · Views: 221
  • wiisxrx_2022_Ver20220701.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 232
  • wiisxrx_2022_Ver20220903.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 226
Last edited by xjsxjs197,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
First , thanks to the efforts of the original authors of wiisxrx, wiisxr, wiisx, I can play PS games on Wii.
I have also invested a lot of time and energy in this project recently, and released the first version.

Please refer to the following address for details:
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022

## The following changes have been made to the code based on wiisxrx.

* Incorporating the CDROM and cdiso codes of pcsxrearmed, the compatibility of the system has been more improved.
Many games that could not be run or had problems before can be run.

* Combined the dfsound module of pcsxrearmed and used the SDL Library.
The sound quality of the system has been more improved.

* Modification of some dynamic compilation instructions, such as sllv, SRLV, srav, FF9 and biohazard3 can be run.
(Part of the division instruction uses a static compilation instruction)

* Support for multiple languages.
At first, I wanted to refer to snes9xgx and support TTF font library.
However, it encountered a memory leak problem, resulting in automatic exit.
So it can only be made into a specific font.
Font char information: first two byte: BigEndianUnicode char code, followed by a character picture in IA8 format with a size of 24 * 24.

* For some customed Chinese culture games, specific BIOS is automatically loaded.
For example: sd:\wiisxrx\isos\武藏传.ISO => sd:\wiisxrx\bios\武藏传.bin

* Other minor corrections, such as disc changing and automatic fixed of some games.

## Goals(Please help me, or let us work together.)

* Improve GTE code to provide 3D game speed.
Although I used paired single instruction, but the speed is basically not improved

* Use the display mode of GL to provide image quality and performance.
I don't know anything about OpenGL, and I don't know if I can use grrlib.

## Compilation information

* PPC29 + Libogc_1.8.16 + SDL
You can download everything here: https://wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
The compiled SDL is here: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/libSDL.a

## The following is the basic code information

![WiiSXRX logo](./logo.jpg)

Fork of WiiSXR (a port of PCSX-R), a PSX emulator for the Gamecube / Wii / Wii U.

The starting point for this code base will be Mystro256's WiiSXR, a continuation of
daxtsu's libwupc mod of wiisx, which is in turn based off of Matguitarist's "USB mod5".

* Please see the following link for details:
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2524

* WiiSX is GNU GPL and the source can be found here:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/pcsxgc/downloads

* WiiSXR is GNU GPL and the source can be found here:
https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr

* libwupc and libwiidrc are also GPL, which can be found here:
https://github.com/FIX94/libwupc
https://github.com/FIX94/libwiidrc
Super cool to see someone else working and helping on the WiiSXRX project, specially with non-selfish open code which you did not keep from the whole community! :grog:

Last edited by niuus,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Super cool to see someone else working and helping on the WiiSXRX project!
just try it niuus its amazing the sound doesnt crackle anymore when you loose an fps or 2 and the fmv crashes are gone so no need to remove videos from games like driver 2 and such.

Last edited by pedro702,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
just try it niuus its amazing the sound doesnt crackle anymore when you loose an fps or 2 and the fmv crashes are gone so no need to remove videos from games like driver 2 and such.
Finally tried it. The sound is very different in many areas, kinda high pitched.

I don't have all the games on hand right now, so I went and tested those inside my "problematic games" folder, which are the ones I use mostly for compatibility improvements and testing.

It wasn't mentioned but V-Sync is now activated, looks great!

2002 FIFA World Cup (glitched speeches), Alien Resurrection, Ape Escape, Resident Evil - Director's Cut - Dual Shock Ver., Gegege no Kitarou - Gyakushuu! Youkai Daichise, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Fear Effect, Fear Effect 2 - Retro Helix, Powerslave, Street Fighter Collection Disc 1 & Disc 2, Street Fighter Collection 2, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, Myst, Nightmare Creatures II (controller vibration gets stuck), Star Wars - Episode I - Jedi Power Battles, Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace (glitchy graphics), Star Wars - Rebel Assault II - The Hidden Empire, Tenchu - Stealth Assassins, Tenchu 2 - Birth of the Stealth Assassins, Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles, Ultima Underworld - The Stygian Abyss (NTSC-J) (1.1), Valkyrie Profile, Metal Gear Solid (Rev 0) (Rev 1) (no micro freezes during cutscenes, some audio glitches), Metal Gear Solid - VR Missions (music and effects are normal now), Evil Dead - Hail to the King, WipEout 3, Fighting Force 2, Little Big Adventure (PAL) (minor graphic glitches), Gran Turismo 2 (Arcade Mode), Gran Turismo 2 (Simulation Mode) Gekido - Urban Fighters, Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare, Disney's 102 Dalmatians - Puppies to the Rescue, Disney's The Emperor's New Groove, Gundam Battle Assault 2, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing (graphic glitches with 3D exploding vertices), Ready 2 Rumble Boxing - Round 2 (graphic glitches with 3D exploding vertices), Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius - Forever with Me (NTSC-J) (completely glitched audio), Star Wars - Demolition (glitched graphics), Disney's The Lion King - Simba's Mighty Adventure, Alien Resurrection, M.D.K. (graphics don't distort while turning), 70's Robot Anime - Geppy-X - The Super Boosted Armor (NTSC-J), Driver 2 (Rev 0) (Rev 1), FIFA - Road to World Cup 98 (glitched speeches, normal in WiiSXRX), Vandal Hearts (takes a normal time now for CPU to play its turn), Final Fantasy VIII, all work now.

Akuji The Heartless (NTSC-U) works now without removing the FMVs.

Beavis & Butthead In Virtual Stupidity speeches can be heard now.

Biohazard 1.5's specific MartinBiohazard builds work.

Biohazard Sample 31-01-96 (NTSC-J) inputs works now without much tinkering. Saw some minor graphic glitches.

Bishi Bashi Special (PAL) music doesn't skip anymore.

Blazing Dragons does not skip dialogues anymore.

Castlevania Chronicles - Akumajou Dracula (NTSC-J) music plays at normal speed.

Crash Bandicoot trilogy already worked fine, so I did not test those.

Dino Crisis & Dino Crisis 2 speeches are not glitched anymore.

Final Fantasy VII does not crash on battles with Dynarec Core on the Wii, which means full speed (mostly, with some hiccups/framedrops here and there, and some graphic glitches on the Battle Cursor, for example). The game was limited to Interpreter Core before to work, and only reached full speed on the Wii U.

You can defeat Spider Web boss now in Mega Man X4. Problematic FMVs are not skipped now.

You can enter any level now in Mega Man X5. Problematic FMVs are not skipped now.

You can enter any level now in Mega Man X6. Problematic FMVs are not skipped now.

Tales of Phantasia (NTSC-J) works now without turning the Voiceovers off.

WWF WrestleMania - The Arcade Game runs in Dynarec and not in CPU Core Interpreter only.

Glitched FMVs: X-Files, Final Fantasy IX, RMJ - The Mystery Hospital - Second Attack Sample CD-ROM (NTSC-J) (works in WiiSXRX), Dark Tales - From the Lost Soul (NTSC-J), Vagrant Story

Not working: Star Wars - Dark Forces (loads further in WiiSXRX), Rayman, NBA Hang Time, Doom, Final Doom, Gensou Suiko Gaiden Vol.1, Gensou Suiko Gaiden Vol.2, Gokujou Parodius Da! Deluxe Pack, Mega Man Legends 2, Alone in the Dark - One-Eyed Jack's Revenge, Sim City 2000, Judge Dredd (loads further in WiiSXRX), Hebereke’s Popoitto (works in WiiSXRX), Yusha - Heaven's Gate (works in WiiSXRX),

Still heavily glitched/broken: Oddworld - Abe's Exoddus, Oddworld - Abe's Odyssey, Silent Hill (NTSC-U), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1-2-3-4, Ghost in the Shell, X2 - No Relief, Rayman 2 - The Great Escape, College Slam, The Need for Speed, NBA Jam (NTSC-J), Spot Goes to Hollywood, DoDonpachi, Um Jammer Lammy, Driver - You Are The Wheelman (emulator crashes if you try again in Undercover mode), Nightmare Creatures (interpreter only), Buster Bros. Collection (interpreter only),

These load further, but doesn't work: Broken Sword II - Las Fuerzas del Mal (PAL SPAIN), Nekketsu Oyako, Tomb Raider (1.0), Tomb Raider II - Starring Lara Croft (1.1), Mortal Kombat 3, Disney's Atlantis - The Lost Empire

Some emulator bugs:
The emulator may lose sound after loading a bunch of games in one session,I think between 10-20.

Don't go into "Settings - Saves", it crashes the emulator. [EDIT: corrected in Ver20220701]

Awesome work, @xjsxjs197.

Last edited by niuus,

ukigh4ie

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another variant of the variant of the original WiiSX emulator. Do we really need it?

Why don't you combine your energy and knowledge and develop the original?
Have you tried a pull request instead of a new fork?
Wait, it isnt't a forked repo according to GitHub. Why that?
Commit messages in Chinese (初始做成 ) are not very readable.

Reactions: SaulFabre

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Another variant of the variant of the original WiiSX emulator. Do we really need it?

Why don't you combine your energy and knowledge and develop the original?
Have you tried a pull request instead of a new fork?
Wait, it isnt't a forked repo according to GitHub. Why that?
Commit messages in Chinese (初始做成 ) are not very readable.
he did major changes to the code, this isnt something small lol, also you cant just port a ps1 ppc dynarec without being a master coder, so its easier to just use a dynarec and foundation of what is done already.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
OH YEAH!!!!!

you're welcome @xjsxjs197 :)

Great that now WiiSX-RX is now getting improved even when it's unofficial :)

@niuus is happy to see this mod, maybe he will bring all these changes to main WiiSX-RX?

I will try this tomorrow, by now i'm busy with my studying.

This is f**cking legendary on the PS1 emulation on Wii!

Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Happy to see good improvements.
A bugreport. It crashes for me at the 'saves' tab in the configuration screen.
@ber71 @xjsxjs197

Same bug here.

Going to Settings and then in Saves it crashes on code dump error (DSI exception).

1656163253325.png

I will test further this emulator with some problematic games.

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on WiiU using CBHC:

Wait if I replace my dol file for WiiSX RX with this will it still work with my forwarder channel for it assuming I name it correctly? Not sure if anyone has tried this. I really like having the gamepad support and the option to overclock (if needed, sounds like it might not be that necessary with this version though).

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm on WiiU using CBHC:

Wait if I replace my dol file for WiiSX RX with this will it still work with my forwarder channel for it assuming I name it correctly? Not sure if anyone has tried this. I really like having the gamepad support and the option to overclock (if needed, sounds like it might not be that necessary with this version though).
Just try it yourself.

Replace the boot.dol of WiiSXRX with this one from this thread and use the official Wii U channel forwarder here: https://github.com/niuus/WiiSXRX/releases/download/v2.5/WiiSXRX_WiiU_ChannelFWD.zip

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

xjsxjs197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
EDIT:
A feature suggestion:

Would you add the CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) support to WiiSX-RX?
Some games (like GTA on PS1) doesn't play the music or even crashes (like Vib-Ribbon).
For cdda support, it is just the beginning, and code correction and testing are required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over