Request for when the Perfect Dark decomp makes its way to Wii U

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recognize that this decomp is inevitably going to release to the Wii U sooner than later now that there is a working PC and Linux version. As such, I have a request for if and when it makes it to the likes of the Wii U.

My request would be if someone is working on the port and sees this post, that they consider enabling the 2nd player in a multiplayer mode to have their own screen on the gamepad while the first player has their own screen on the TV, instead of dividing by traditional splitscreen. I dunno if it could further be adjusted for 3 and 4 player scenarios where split screen does happen on the TV for all but one player that gets their own screen on the Gamepad (could the option be added for up to 5 players in multiplayer instead of 4? 4 get splitscreen on the TV, one gets their own screen on the gamepad?). I dunno, but if any of this is even feasible, I do hope that whoever ports it, at least looks into trying to make this happen for the Wii U port.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like an interesting idea and will definitely help with screen peeking (well, at least for the person on the TV. The GamePad player can still peek). It also will make surprising the player playing as Jo in Counter Operative easier as they won’t be able to see the hostile players coming. If this does happen though it would be nice to have traditional splitscreen as an option, as the GamePad has a crappy battery life and isn’t always available for long play sessions.

I also have another request for the possible decomp, and that is built mod support, something like the Sonic Mania decomp port or CTGP-R have where you put the files on the SD card and activate the mods in game. It would also be cool if we could somehow play rom hacks of the original in the decomp version (like the Mario characters replacement mod), but I don’t even know if that’s possible in the PC port. Again if none of this is feasible don’t worry too much about it. Perfect Dark is great on its own.

Reactions: L0w

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that we don't even know if there ever will be a Wii U port and you guys are already asking for extra features. But I agree that it would be nice to have a Wii U port of the game with a bunch of features and customization, similar to Ship of Harkinian.

Reactions: Kwyjor

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that we don't even know if there ever will be a Wii U port and you guys are already asking for extra features. But I agree that it would be nice to have a Wii U port of the game with a bunch of features and customization, similar to Ship of Harkinian.
I mean I did say 'if and when'. It's a decomp that the Wii U should be able to run, thus far the Wii U had been capable of playing every big decomp that has been accomplished, including far more intensive games like GTA3 and Vice City.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ikr? lmao at least wait until someone's willing to attempt to have this at least at a semi playable state before requesting features the other Wii U ports didn't even got.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ikr? lmao at least wait until someone's willing to attempt to have this at least at a semi playable state before requesting features the other Wii U ports didn't even got.
I mean I did say 'if and when'. It's a decomp that the Wii U should be able to run, thus far the Wii U had been capable of playing every big decomp that has been accomplished, including far more intensive games like GTA3 and Vice City.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I would be very happy if the game comes to the Wii u, no matter how. I am sure we can get the controls like the COD games...I'll be buying the hero that brings it to the Wii U some coffee B-)

Still waiting for the decomp of Goldeneye though, my alltime favorite game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto