RETURNING TO vWII MENU MAKES MY WII U FREEZE

jackwb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i recently injected some Wii games to my Wii u using Uwuvci. I also patched them in Order to be able to use my Wii u gamepad on games that support the Wii Classic controller like super smash bros brawl or Mario kart wii. For this reason, whenever i select one of these games on the Wii u main menu, it says that the game can be played with the Wii u gamepad and asks me if i want to use it or not. When i boot up the game selecting to use the gamepad, i can play without any issue at all but when i press the home button, then press Wii menu and press return to wii menu, most of the times my Wii u freezes on a Black screen and i can't power off the console, even if i keep pressing the power button for minutes, and i have to unplug the Wii u. sometimes it just returns to the Wii u menu. I noticed that if i boot up the game by selecting that i dont want to use the Wii u gamepad, and select with a Wii mote that i want to play only on the tv screen, once exiting from the game it won't freeze and it just boots up the Wii u menu.

All of my games are stored on a external HDD of 500 GBs, connected to my Wii u with a y cable, and im using tiramisu custom firmware. my vWII is also modded.

I read some posts on reddit about the Wii freezing after pressing to return to the Wii menu, but by People that used usb gx loader or stuff like this to play their Wii games, but no one ever talked about injected games.

any advice? (sorry for bad English)

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i recently injected some Wii games to my Wii u using Uwuvci. I also patched them in Order to be able to use my Wii u gamepad on games that support the Wii Classic controller like super smash bros brawl or Mario kart wii. For this reason, whenever i select one of these games on the Wii u main menu, it says that the game can be played with the Wii u gamepad and asks me if i want to use it or not. When i boot up the game selecting to use the gamepad, i can play without any issue at all but when i press the home button, then press Wii menu and press return to wii menu, most of the times my Wii u freezes on a Black screen and i can't power off the console, even if i keep pressing the power button for minutes, and i have to unplug the Wii u. sometimes it just returns to the Wii u menu. I noticed that if i boot up the game by selecting that i dont want to use the Wii u gamepad, and select with a Wii mote that i want to play only on the tv screen, once exiting from the game it won't freeze and it just boots up the Wii u menu.

All of my games are stored on a external HDD of 500 GBs, connected to my Wii u with a y cable, and im using tiramisu custom firmware. my vWII is also modded.

I read some posts on reddit about the Wii freezing after pressing to return to the Wii menu, but by People that used usb gx loader or stuff like this to play their Wii games, but no one ever talked about injected games.

any advice? (sorry for bad English)
I have a feeling it might be due to the Wii Menu somehow panicking because of the Gamepad being used as a controller with the inject?

If you have an actual Wii game on a disc, try the following:
1. Enter the vWii (also known as the Wii Menu) from the Wii U menu, and when asked, select the "Play with TV & Gamepad" option.
2. If it boots and doesn't freeze, insert the game disc, then launch it from the disc channel.
3. After the game boots up, open up the HOME Menu and return to the Wii menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto