Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,827,436
  • Replies 3,678
  • Likes 243

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a save manager you can install as a CIA. This means no more booting into the homebrew menu and rebooting to import and export saves.

Testing has shown that it doesn't appear to have any problems with any titles. Thanks to @Gocario, it will automatically delete any secure values.
It can also export and import ExtData IF the title uses it.

I've made it as simple as I can, while keeping the slot feature from my old save manager.
When you select backup or restore, you will have to select or create a new slot. If you don't like the input screen, you can create the directories yourself inside the game's export folder.

Save Data is exported to SD:/JKSV/Saves/[Title]/[Slot Dir]
ExtData is exported to SD:/JKSV/ExtData/[Title]/[Slot Dir]
System Save data is exported to SD:/JKSV/SysSave/
Boss ExtData is exported to SD:/JKSV/Boss/
Shared ExtData is exported to sd/JKSV/Shared/[ID]/[DIR]

Tell me if you have any issues. I've tried my best to get everything 100%, but I'm not perfect.
Please set FileZilla's transfer type to binary before reporting corrupted data. Auto and ASCII can sometimes cause issues.
-I press A and nothing happens-
This means one of two things usually. The first is that the game has not been
started and/or given a chance to format its save data. The second is that this title
saves to Extra Save Data or ExtData, like Fantasy Life or Monster Hunter Generations.

-I can't open the Extra Data for [Title], but I know it's there.-
Some games with multiple versions, Pokemon and Fire Emblem Fates for example, save to
an extra data archive that they all share. This means I need to add a redirect for these
games before you can access it. I do not enumerate the Extra Data, I use the ID from the
title to access it or test if it's there.

-What is MHGSV?-
MHGSV is a save data tool specifically for Monster Hunter Generations. It is intended for people using homebrew
only on official firmwares, as it detects you system's region and uses that to determine which
archive to open. Using it on a US system with a JPN game for example will not work as it will
try to open archive 0x1870 instead of 0x1554. It does not need an xml file or target, making it easier
to work with if you only want quick save edits.

MHGSV is attached to this post.

The latest version is from 12/20/2018.

The banner and icon were made by @Sgt. Lulz.

A big thanks to @Shadowfied, @Phanton, @Sgt. Lulz, and @A_Random_Guy for risking their saves and testing.

Source is available here: https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM. I'm far from a pro though, so I know some could probably be done better.

Attachments

• MHGSV.zip
    90.9 KB · Views: 108,023
Last edited by JK_,

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
This is a save manager you can install as a CIA. This means no more booting into the homebrew menu and rebooting to import and export saves.

Testing has shown that it doesn't appear to have any problems with any titles. Thanks to @Gocario, it will automatically delete any secure values.
It can also export and import ExtData IF the title uses it.

I've made it as simple as I can, while keeping the slot feature from my old save manager. I do want to add alphabetical sorting sometime.
When you select backup or restore, you will have to select or create a new slot. If you don't like the input screen, you can create the directories yourself inside the game's export folder.

Save Data is exported to SD:/Saves/[Title]/[Slot Dir]
ExtData is exported to SD:/ExtData/[Title]/[Slot Dir]

You can download it from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B00en2wutBvIVTRtbDZZc0F5ajQ
I will also attach it to this post.

Tell me if you have any issues. I've tried my best to get everything 100%, but I'm not perfect.

The banner and icon were made by @Sgt. Lulz.

A big thanks to @Shadowfied, @Phanton, @Sgt. Lulz, and @A_Random_Guy for risking their saves and testing.

Really good job man! Are you planning to release sourcecode?

Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Public release?

Awesome dude. Amazing job. This tool is fucking brilliant. Thanks for letting me help you test it :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...