Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm really frusrated none of this work for me oher than loadiine v4 , and I have a splatoon disc I want to play online but I can't update nor spoof my wii u keeps on crashing wheneve I go to homebrew launcher

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i did install java 8, i did open config too but didnt edit the 2nd line can you walk me through that. thank you for you help.
Google for "wii u common key pastebin" and click the first result.
Copy that line of letters/numbers into the second line of the config file. Save.
JNUSTool should now open.

I'm really frusrated none of this work for me oher than loadiine v4 , and I have a splatoon disc I want to play online but I can't update nor spoof my wii u keeps on crashing wheneve I go to homebrew launcher
Are you self-hosting? What exactly are you doing and how is it crashing/what does it say?

Last edited by fiveighteen,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. i checked i got no message either. what do you think where am i messing it up?
I'm really not sure. My config file looks like:
Code:
http://ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download
D7..<snip>..56
updatetitles.csv

Double clicking JNUSTool.jar works perfectly after that. If everything of yours is set up the same, then idk what to tell you. :\ Try checking for Java updates or restarting your computer.

maxjoe_22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really not sure. My config file looks like:
Code:
http://ccs.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net/ccs/download
D7..<snip>..56
updatetitles.csv

Double clicking JNUSTool.jar works perfectly after that. If everything of yours is set up the same, then idk what to tell you. :\ Try checking for Java updates or restarting your computer.

ok after installing java again now i got a message of "updatelist is broken or missing" and "updatefile is missing or not in config" do you know why?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok after installing java again now i got a message of "updatelist is broken or missing" and "updatefile is missing or not in config" do you know why?
Do you have "updatetitles.csv" in the config like shown above? And is there an "updatetitles.csv" file in the same folder as NJUSTool.jar and config?

maxjoe_22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have "updatetitles.csv" in the config like shown above? And is there an "updatetitles.csv" file in the same folder as NJUSTool.jar and config?

got it. for some reason i had to reinstall my java then after i unzip the file "updatetitles.csv" got erased from the pc. but i got it working thanks to you. i will try and see if i can finish this. my question is i just have to follow the steps in this forum right and i should be good?
and thanks for the support you rock!!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated OP. Added the following section and will *try* to keep it up to date (give or take a few days to notice). If anyone sees an update out there, let me know. @Kafluke, perhaps this will help you stay up to date with your AIO package as well.

LATEST HOMEBREW:
Nightlies: Loadiine GX2 has nightly releases
05/12/16: Saviine has been updated to v1.1.b
05/12/16: HID to VPAD has been updated to v0.2e
05/10/16: TCP Gecko (disc games) has been released
05/07/16: WUP Installer has been updated to v1.0
05/03/16: The Homebrew Launcher has been updated to v1.2 RC3
05/01/16: NNU Patcher has been released
04/25/16: ddd has been updated to v0.3
03/31/16: FTPiiU has been updated to v0.3

Lol it was a work in progress. Took some time to correct all the BB code tags that got jacked up. All is fixed now.

Welcome to the forums. :) Did you install Java 8? Did you open config in Notepad++ and edit the 2nd line to be the Common Key (hex values)?

Thanks! I actually already had all these versions in my latest main package :)

Reactions: fiveighteen

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got it. for some reason i had to reinstall my java then after i unzip the file "updatetitles.csv" got erased from the pc. but i got it working thanks to you. i will try and see if i can finish this. my question is i just have to follow the steps in this forum right and i should be good?
and thanks for the support you rock!!
Glad you figured it out. Yes, following the steps should get you there, as I followed them myself to spoof just a couple weeks ago :)

juanfuentes95

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i have a issue with L button of wiiu gamepad after load kexploit+loadiine, although it could be an unfortunate coincidence. The L button not working, and the others buttons not have any problem. Has anyone else had this issue?. Please, help with this!. Pd: my english is bad, sorry :(

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm I still have problems with my SD card.
Since I tried to format it a few times it got really slow, and I can´t fix it...
The last thing I did was formatting it with Easeus Partition Master with the default clustersize.
Games are still working fine with loadiine, common loading times etc.

But it takes such a long time to copy a game to the card, for example Yoshis Wooly World took me more than 1 hour...

Can someone help me?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a issue with L button of wiiu gamepad after load kexploit+loadiine, although it could be an unfortunate coincidence. The L button not working, and the others buttons not have any problem. Has anyone else had this issue?. Please, help with this!. Pd: my english is bad, sorry :(
The button works with disc games but not in Loadiine games? This shouldn't be an issue with Loadiine, it doesn't remap controller buttons or anything.

Hmm I still have problems with my SD card.
Since I tried to format it a few times it got really slow, and I can´t fix it...
The last thing I did was formatting it with Easeus Partition Master with the default clustersize.
Games are still working fine with loadiine, common loading times etc.

But it takes such a long time to copy a game to the card, for example Yoshis Wooly World took me more than 1 hour...

Can someone help me?
I think YWW is one of the games with a ton of small files, so that's going to bog it down. Good thing you shouldn't be transferring games too much? You can always try out this (WIP) Wii U SD benchmark utility and compare the results to yours for actual Loadiine load times.

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The button works with disc games but not in Loadiine games? This shouldn't be an issue with Loadiine, it doesn't remap controller buttons or anything.

I think YWW is one of the games with a ton of small files, so that's going to bog it down. Good thing you shouldn't be transferring games too much? You can always try out this (WIP) Wii U SD benchmark utility and compare the results to yours for actual Loadiine load times.

Sure I wont copy my games over and over again, but I still think that something is wrong there if it takes that long...

Thank you I will try it out!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP Updated to include injection for NDS and GB/GBA games for Loadiine:

How do I create VC games for Loadiine?
Firmware Version Required:
Same as Loadiine​

0. Dump a VC game of the same system using ddd, or download one from the internet to use as a base.

NDS:
Note: Brain Age is the recommended game to use as a base since it has the most screen configuration options. Check out the NDS Compatibility Guide.

1. Open \vol\content\0010\rom.zip.
2. Delete the .NDS file that is inside.
3. Rename the game you want to inject to rom.nds and drag it into the rom.zip folder
4. Rename the root folder to be the new game name, and create a unique [ID6] for it.
5. Copy a meta folder from another game and edit the bootTvTex.tga and iconTex.tga to change the background and icon of the game. Covers go to SD:\wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2\covers3d\

Note: The first letter of a NDS game ID is D, with the fourth letter being E/P/J depending on the region. I usually use the last two digits as VC, designating it's a VC game. This leaves the second and third characters for unique game naming.
1: D (DS)
2: Unique
3: Unique
4: E (USA), P (EUR), J (JPN)
5/6: VC
Ex: Mario Kart DS [DMKEVC] for NDS, Mario Kart, USA, VC.

Note: Changing "RenderScale": 2 in the /vol/content/0010/configuration_cafe.json file will make games look much smoother, but you will have to restart the Wii U after quitting the game.
GBA:
Downloads:
Python 3.4.4
inject_gba
pyYAML (x86) or pyYAML (x64) - this is based on your python install, not windows install
Note: Base games may need to differ depending on their save file type. The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap seems to work for most of them so far though. Check out the GBA Compatibility Guide.

1. Rename your game to rom.gba and put it into the "inject_gba-master" folder
2. Copy the /vol/content/alldata.psb.m and alldata.bin files from your dumped game to the "inject_gba-master" folder
3. Create a new folder called "out" at "/inject_gba-master/out/"
4. Hold shift and right-click in the white space of the "inject_gba-master" folder (not on a file) and select Open Command Window Here
5. Paste the following into the command window (first time running only):
Code:
python setup.py install

6. Paste the following into the command window (each rom):
Code:
python "inject_gba\inject_gba.py" --inpsb "alldata.psb.m" --inrom "rom.gba" --outpsb "out\alldata.psb.m"

You will see a message similar to:
Code:
Replacing 'system/roms/ABZMP0.J22.m'
Packing fileinfo struct (289 entries)

6. Open the "out" folder and move the alldata.psb.m and alldata.bin files to your new game's content folder
7. Rename the root folder to be the new game name, and create a unique [ID6] for it.
8. Copy a meta folder from another game and edit the bootTvTex.tga and iconTex.tga to change the background and icon of the game. Covers go to SD:\wiiu\apps\loadiine_gx2\covers3d\

Note: The first letter of a GBA game ID is Z, with the fourth letter being E/P/J depending on the region. I usually use the last two digits as VC, designating it's a VC game. This leaves the second and third characters for unique game naming.
1: Z (GBA)
2: Unique
3: Unique
4: E (USA), P (EUR), J (JPN)
5/6: VC
Ex: Pokemon Fire Red [ZFREVC] for GBA, Fire Red, USA, VC.
GB Injection into GBA:
Downloads:
Goomba to convert GameBoy games to GBA
Hex editor
1. Rename your file to rom.gb
1. Download and open Goomba 2.0
2. Select the goomba.gba emulator file
3. Uncheck the "splash screen?" box
4. Make the output filename rom.gba
5. Find the folder with your GB game and click Add to move it to the right side. You can add a bunch of GB games to this emulator if you'd like, but I think it looks nicer to have 1 game per VC title.
6. Click Compile at the bottom
7. Open your rom.gba in a hex editor
8. Scroll to the bottom and pad it with FF until it is 0x00FFFFF long (16,384KB)

Note: an easy way to do this is to put the cursor at the end of the file and then use the "Insert Block..." command to tell it how many bytes to add. Google can tell you how many bytes to pad it with by searching for "0x01000000 - 0xYourOriginalRomSize"

9. Save the file and continue with the normal replacement process.

Note: In my experience, game mods do not work! You'll get a message that says "This game can only be played on a GameBoy Color or GameBoy Advance"

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed some janky formatting under "Forum Info"

@fiveighteen Don't touch it or it might implode lol (you'll see what I mean if you look at the BB code, for some reason that's the only way it would work without creating an extra spoiler tag for some reason)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed some janky formatting under "Forum Info"

@fiveighteen Don't touch it or it might implode lol (you'll see what I mean if you look at the BB code, for some reason that's the only way it would work without creating an extra spoiler tag for some reason)
Crap. I was already messing with it and it completely imploded. :mellow:

I'm about 4 seconds away from just re-writing it in HTML/CSS and having the OP be simply a link.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol