Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i believe that amiibo was added in 4.1.0 since it can run hyrule warriors perfectly fine.

Not according to nintendo:

Version 5.3.0 U:

Released November 10th, 2014

Changes to System Settings:

• amiibo Settings has been added to System Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo
Improvements to system stability and usability:

• Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experienc

No mention until 5.3.0...

Reactions: andriy921

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Technically then using WUP installer to install legit FW parts, we could be able to build a franken-firmware with new features in older version? Or make a safesysupdater for Wii U to update to 5.3.2/5.4.0 etc without disc.

Very interesting indeed....

Yeah, i believe it can be done. but since not many are left at 4.x i dont know if devs bother.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the 3ds installing firm and installing common title is different thing, so i wouldn't try this without a hardmod. Basically for the native firm title you need to call additional system api that updates firm partition, otherwise if you update titles to versions that have conflict with native firm, you'll have a brick.

Yes concept is the same, but execution is different.

Must be possible.

The update partition on game disc, uses (for example) system menu 2.0.x to install the update from disc (again for example) 5.3.2.

No need to internet, no need to special tools, just update files on system via disc?

Surely something like WUP installer just needs to install the update files to the system (they are all signed) in correct place?

Maybe it just seems too easy in my head?

EDIT: I just re-read your quote, I get you, its not so easy.... nothing we have access to with just kern yet...... possibly.

Last edited by KiiWii,

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
on 3ds system it's also the same.
But there is different install process for different titles. You install all titles the same way, but for nativefirm you need to additionally call AM:InstallNativeFirm, otherwise your native firm partition would be old and it wouldn't setup all the key slots properly on booting which will cause a brick.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
@SonyUSA you should update the main OP

So guys,

as mentioned above I ported WUP installer to HBL. It went pretty quick which is why I also took the time and changed the way wup installer works by a bit to to make it work on any firmware HBL works on and I also "pimped" it a bit.

I made two versions. The first version shows the install progress on the console during the installation and you always know how far you are with it which is pretty cool but there is a side effect by that though. After the installation is finished, it shows that it is completed successfully and it tries to go back to the WUP installer selection menu and hangs on that. You have to turn off the console then. The install is finished by that point though and it is safe to turn off the console. This does not happen if I don't try to get the progress of the installation. I didnt have much time to figure out what is causing this side effect but probably is something i overseen. I will look at it some other time again. That is why I will release the source code later when its complete. So until then I made a 2nd version which does not show the install progress but a message that install is started and then a transition screen from system menu to mii maker while the install is running. After the installation is finished it enters the WUP installer menu again and tells you it finished successfully. In that menu you can swap the SD card (if wanted) and do another title installation or return back to HBL. It would also be possible to list all titles on the SD card and make a menu to choose which title to install but for now its only this.

So here are the test binaries you guys can use:

Version without the install progress:
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/Dhd9LYWg/file.html

Version with the install progress:
http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/M0xqb48F/file.html

Both versions should run on any firmware that HBL runs on and have the same security as the original WUP installer by crediar. Since it is possible to damage your console with that software (for example by installing wrong region system titles spoofing) I have to say that I am not responsible for any damage done to your console by this software.

Have fun with it.

It's even support lower FWs other than 5.3.2

20160425_110152.jpg 20160425_110749.jpg 20160425_111026.jpg

Reactions: Cybernatus

ThE nEuR0LoGUe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello all

I have a problem to update guitar hero live! after having installed the update(last), I launched the game it tells me an error reading....

original disc PAL E
wii U 5.3.2 spoof 5.5.1

thx for help

Last edited by ThE nEuR0LoGUe,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all

I have a problem to update guitar hero live! after having installed the update(last), I launched the game it tells me an error reading....

original disc PAL E
wii U 5.3.2 spoof 5.5.1

thx for help
Welcome to a very special club. @crediar never replied last time I brought his up to him in the WUP Installer thread when it happened to 3 other users. Long-story-short, you're screwed until someone figures out what causes the error. Maybe @dimok can look into this too since he was already editing WUP Installer?

Last edited by fiveighteen,

looseless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The loadiine version of GHL also give an error after manually updating it so the error is maybe not caused by WUP installer.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to a very special club. @crediar never replied last time I brought his up to him in the WUP Installer thread when it happened to 3 other users. Long-story-short, you're screwed until someone figures out what causes the error. Maybe @dimok can look into this too since he was already editing WUP Installer?
Hey. Error 160-3204 means it could not find/load an RPL from the disc. This means that the update is somehow incomplete probably (not the installation but the update itself). I dont think it is related to WUP installer. An incomplete installation would result in "corrupted data" in the WiiU settings. If there are more than one update for this game try to install the updates consecutive one after another overwritting the existing data and appending new data. I can't tell you more at the moment. I need more precise information if that doesnt help. I dont have that game either.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Error 160-3204 means it could not find/load an RPL from the disc. This means that the update is somehow incomplete probably (not the installation but the update itself). I dont think it is related to WUP installer. An incomplete installation would result in "corrupted data" in the WiiU settings. If there are more than one update for this game try to install the updates consecutive one after another overwritting the existing data and appending new data. I can't tell you more at the moment. I need more precise information if that doesnt help. I dont have that game either.
Thanks dimok, that sounds promising. :) Hopefully one of those that are currently stuck can try it and report back. The dump is 16.7GB and I only have a 16GB SD card, so I unfortunately can't be of much help either.

ThE nEuR0LoGUe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello all

thx for you help guys :)

@Dimok,I am currently testing all the versions of update v18/v32/v48/v64 and latest (v80)

error only latest update v80

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=747767tverreur.jpg

on gamepad instalation sucess v80 on screenshot and other versions.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=700495gamepad659.jpg

update v80 on gamepad,no error similar for other update.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=746402updatev80.jpg

other message error only update v18/v32/v48/v64 ( video link )

https://vid.me/FuNv

after that, I deleted the update manually but the error message is stay
all tested with ID and no ID and another SD nothing to change :gun:

Reactions: Masterwin

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
please @dimok help, i don't know where to put the title update file on sd card and it gives on WUP Installer on HBL Error plz help

why not try to read the "The Definitive Guide To Wii U Hacking" at http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

about WUP Installer (in spoiler of hacks)

instead of simple ask ;-)

Firmware Version Required:
Same as HBL
Downloads:
Find "NEW NUSGrabberGUI" or "U_Tility"
VCC Redist 2015 (32-bit/x86)
WUP Installer improvement by dimok
http://www.wupinstaller.com/wi

Note: SD card must be formatted to FAT32. You may want to go to Settings and change your Wii U system sleep to OFF, or at least 2 hours, to prevent it from turning off mid-install!

1. Place at SD:/wiiu/apps/wup installer/
2. Download the update for the game you have
4. Insert an SD card into your PC and format it to FAT32.
5. Create a folder called install on the root of the SD card
6. Copy all files from inside the title folder to the install folder on your SD card ("SD:\install\")
7. Place the SD card into your Wii U
8. Run the HBL and select WUP Installer
Note: After completing, it will hang at the WUP Installer selection menu.
9. Reset the Wii U
Note: You can verify installation by going to System Settings/Data Management.

and if you ask next time about an Error -> tell us the error message or something more

Last edited by FunThomas,

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about wup installer. Can we still spoof firmwares? When it says permanent, does that mean if ther'es a 5.5.2 I can't update?

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about wup installer. Can we still spoof firmwares? When it says permanent, does that mean if ther'es a 5.5.2 I can't update?
That only means it is a retain change which is not reverted on a reboot. You can still update to 5.5.2 when it comes out. You should check the official WUP installer thread for that.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I took the time and finished up the wupinstaller stuff today that I started last weekend. It now finishes the update clean and correctly and exits back to Mii Maker / HBL without any issues. So you now have the more proper way of installing titles on it (previous install progress version) and that without a hang at the end.

Furthermore I added a new feature to it. You can now choose where to install the title to. If you press A you will install the title to the system memory and if you press X you can install the title to the USB storage device (only game updates). If no WiiU formatted USB storage is attached you will get an error and it will return to the wup installer menu.

Here is a test version to see if it also works for others and not only for me and @dibas :
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/ly8ycL7W/file.html

Like before it should work on any firmware that HBL works on. I might add a selection menu for titles on the SD card at some point for a 2nd release (not only "/sd/install" path) but I dont know when I find the time for it. Its not on the top of my list.

Report if you find something out of the ordinary. I will make a release out of it in a few days and put up the source code on github if nothing pops up.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
dimok fixed the hanging of the wupinstaller and added an install progress bar, so you'll install any title properly knowing the progress without ur console hanging at the end. Also he added the possibility to install to USB.
maybe it's time to update the thread @SonyUSA

Hey guys,

I took the time and finished up the wupinstaller stuff today that I started last weekend. It now finishes the update clean and correctly and exits back to Mii Maker / HBL without any issues. So you now have the more proper way of installing titles on it (previous install progress version) and that without a hang at the end.

Furthermore I added a new feature to it. You can now choose where to install the title to. If you press A you will install the title to the system memory and if you press X you can install the title to the USB storage device (only game updates). If no WiiU formatted USB storage is attached you will get an error and it will return to the wup installer menu.

Here is a test version to see if it also works for others and not only for me and @dibas :
http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/ly8ycL7W/file.html

Like before it should work on any firmware that HBL works on. I might add a selection menu for titles on the SD card at some point for a 2nd release (not only "/sd/install" path) but I dont know when I find the time for it. Its not on the top of my list.

Report if you find something out of the ordinary. I will make a release out of it in a few days and put up the source code on github if nothing pops up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over