Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on the lookout for an exploitable wiiu. I came across a 32gb deluxe mario kart console, which appears to me to be ok, serial was this :FAH10145333, I don't see anything close in the list so thoughts on this particular one?
The database still has a long way to go to be considered reliable. I maintain the stance that physical discs = good, pre-installed = probably bad, but can get lucky.

I bought the Mario-Kart 8 bundle in sweden a week ago with firmware 4.1
Bought another Wii U Basic with Super Smash included in Sweden - 4.0.2
Please add them to the Wii U Serial Number Database!

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Any info about IOSU exploit? or where to ask about it? I have WiiU on 3.1 and readed that IOSU exploit is working on my fw. Thanks for info.

ItsNotMeTrustMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a Mario Kart 8 bundle (pre-installed w/ DLC) from Gamestop just outside of Washington, DC. More specifically in Virginia, USA. Came with 5.4.0. Serial number = FW42623XXXX. I've just updated the serial number database to include it. I would suggest editing the main post to include a greater warning about this bundle, since it's a pretty prominent retailer that people would purchase systems from in the states. Yeah, I realize there's a disclaimer. But Gamestop has the bundle for $250, so I took the risk. Whoops? I'm mildly disappointed... but I have some games to kill time with. Looking forward to that 5.4.0 exploit.

I've been searching for a couple of hours now and I haven't found the answer, so pardon me for asking what may be a redundant question. Is anyone aware of a way to link a Nintendo Network ID without updating to 5.5.0? I have blocked servers via URL filtering in my router and my system is configured to use the TurboHax DNS server. I'd like to stay on 5.4.0 in anticipation of an exploit... but in the meantime I'd like to spoof 5.5.0 and continue playing games online with friends. (If this is even possible. If I can't spoof until I've used a kernel exploit, then I'll just play offline for the time being. It'd be nice if that wasn't necessary, though.) If this is possible, a step-by-step would be a great addition to the original post.

Thanks! This thread was very informative.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any info about IOSU exploit? or where to ask about it? I have WiiU on 3.1 and readed that IOSU exploit is working on my fw. Thanks for info.
Read the OP. That's the latest.

Anyone here know if the SM3DW/Nintendo Land digital copy bundle with come with lower firmware?
Last reports for SM3DW bundle said that the one with physical discs was 2.1.0, and the one with pre-installed games was 5.1.2 or 5.3.2. So you should be okay.

Just bought a Mario Kart 8 bundle (pre-installed w/ DLC) from Gamestop just outside of Washington, DC. More specifically in Virginia, USA. Came with 5.4.0. Serial number = FW42623XXXX. I've just updated the serial number database to include it. I would suggest editing the main post to include a greater warning about this bundle, since it's a pretty prominent retailer that people would purchase systems from in the states. Yeah, I realize there's a disclaimer. But Gamestop has the bundle for $250, so I took the risk. Whoops? I'm mildly disappointed... but I have some games to kill time with. Looking forward to that 5.4.0 exploit.

I've been searching for a couple of hours now and I haven't found the answer, so pardon me for asking what may be a redundant question. Is anyone aware of a way to link a Nintendo Network ID without updating to 5.5.0? I have blocked servers via URL filtering in my router and my system is configured to use the TurboHax DNS server. I'd like to stay on 5.4.0 in anticipation of an exploit... but in the meantime I'd like to spoof 5.5.0 and continue playing games online with friends. (If this is even possible. If I can't spoof until I've used a kernel exploit, then I'll just play offline for the time being. It'd be nice if that wasn't necessary, though.) If this is possible, a step-by-step would be a great addition to the original post.

Thanks! This thread was very informative.
Unfortunately, spoofing requires use of the Kernel Exploit (meaning 5.3.2). Thanks for your info though, I'll add it to the OP.

Reactions: kenvin100

dragnmastr85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your info though, I'll add it to the OP.

I bought 3 of this same mario kart bundle from amazon. 2 were 5.5 and one was 5.4. I think it is safe to move this bundle into the 5.4 section and mention that there have been rare exceptions. I bought those 3 on the premise that you had it under 4.3.2. I plan to keep the 5.4 and sell the 5.5s. Hopefully the exploit comes soon. Thanks.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought 3 of this same mario kart bundle from amazon. 2 were 5.5 and one was 5.4. I think it is safe to move this bundle into the 5.4 section and mention that there have been rare exceptions. I bought those 3 on the premise that you had it under 4.3.2. I plan to keep the 5.4 and sell the 5.5s. Hopefully the exploit comes soon. Thanks.
It originally did have 5.3.2, and then I put every report of 5.4.0 under the heading. So 4 people have now purchased it (not including your 3) and reported to me. The rest seem to have gotten the hint that it's probably not worth gambling on anymore. How you can miss 3 notes in bold font before you even click the spoiler to see the picture of the bundle is beyond me.

dragnmastr85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It originally did have 5.3.2, and then I put every report of 5.4.0 under the heading. So 4 people have now purchased it (not including your 3) and reported to me. The rest seem to have gotten the hint that it's probably not worth gambling on anymore. How you can miss 3 notes in bold font before you even click the spoiler to see the picture of the bundle is beyond me.

At no point did I blame you for it. I'm merely conveying that I bought them based on the information your provided.

I have no way to tell how many people have reported positives over the 7 negatives that people bothered to report directly to you; so it could be that 5.4s are rare amongst the multitude of 4.3.2s. Incomplete data sets and whatnot.

I am not upset. I did not miss your bolded text. I bought the 3 with that information in hand. I knew I was taking a risk. No need to get defensive. I even thanked you sincerely for what you provide to community.

Last edited by dragnmastr85,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At no point did I blame you for it. I'm merely conveying that I bought them based on the information your provided. I have no way to tell how many people have reported positives over the 7 negatives that people bothered to report directly to you. I am not upset. I did not miss your bolded text. I bought the 3 with that information in hand. I knew I was taking a risk. No need to get defensive. I even thanked you sincerely for what you provide to community.
Alright, I apologize if I came across as a bit too defensive. :) You're right, there is no way to tell how many people may have bought the bundle and been on the good side. It's all a gamble, just with odds on some bundles better than others.

Peanut42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. I want to report that I buy a Nintendo Wii U bundle with Smash and Splatoon the Nov 28 and it comes with firmware 5.4.0 at Mexico.

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just me or does loadiine work a lot better if you don't use the touch screen? Just select everything with the buttons if your having trouble.

PR0r

Trophies
XP
Country

Just to be clear, did this Mario kart bundle include the DLC?

From reading the first post, would this bundle look to be a safe bet..
"Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set (Pictured set..)"
Appears to be no warnings? This bundle has a disc of mk8 and isn't preinstalled.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by PR0r,

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Zelda Wind Walker bundle is also safe on EU. Could someone tell me if there is a way to download Wind Walker since E-SHOP is blocked and wanna maintain fw 3.1?

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda Wind Walker bundle is also safe on EU. Could someone tell me if there is a way to download Wind Walker since E-SHOP is blocked and wanna maintain fw 3.1?
If you mean how to download the game when you buy the system, it should be pre-installed on the system when you buy it. If you want to buy and download the game of the e-shop then I dont think you can on that firmware yet.

dragnmastr85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, did this Mario kart bundle include the DLC?

From reading the first post, would this bundle look to be a safe bet..
"Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set (Pictured set..)"
Appears to be no warnings? This bundle has a disc of mk8 and isn't preinstalled.
Thanks in advance

My version was preinstalled. If you are looking at one that includes discs, you should be ok, from what I understand.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions about spoofing

1. Does it actually change the version number you'll see in settings?

2. Will it still try to auto update while you're spoofed and you still need to use Tubehax DNS? Or are the updates not effected by the spoof?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work