Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, sorry, I have another series of dumb questions (but I'm asking seriously):

1- is loadiine compatible with the firmware spoofing? Is firmware spoofing mandatory to play recent games with loadiine? in which order do I have to perform both of these hacks?
2- I've already seen some backups online described as "loadiine ready2play", yet appearing as incompatible in the "compatibility sheet" of this forum. Some others say they were incompatible but they managed to compress the rpx file to make it loadiine compatible (ex: sonic boom). Is it true? Can all big rpx be compressed?
3- If I don't own any VC title yet, I can't use VC injection right? Is it still true that firmware spoofing doesn't allow accessing eShop? Is the "eshop hack" that appeared just after the firmware spoofer dangerous? Or is there ( / will there be) a way to enjoy VC injection without buying any VC title?
4- in the official loadiine 1.0 download thread, they say "The folder structure is different between version 1.0a and new releases. (...) You are encouraged to update to latest version and use the new file structure". I'm okay with that but I don't understand where I can find and how I can install a loadiine version newer than 1.0a. All the text and video tutorials are outdated and I feel lost between all the loadiine forks that exist out there. Could someone sum it up please?
5- Can we expect a better compat list for loadiine and/or online play with loadiine in the future, or would it require another exploit than the one we currently have with SSBWiiU? Are there people working on it already?

Thanks a lot!
1) You only need to spoof if you want access to the eShop or to play REAL games online. You can't go online with games in Loadiine. So yes you can do both if you want, but one does not require the other; They have nothing to do with each other.

2) Large RPX can be compressed, but it doesn't always mean that they will work after. If you find releases ("Loadiine Ready2Play"), I would assume they work and the sheet hadn't been updated for that game yet. You could try it out and then post in the "Official" WiiU Loadiine v1.0 Compatibility Sheet thread to confirm it.

3) You can download VC RPX files from other sites and use them with Loadiine. You can then inject those RPX with other ROMs as well. There's some updates on progress in the WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2 thread.

4) Use the Loadiine in the DefinitivePackage in the OP. It's dimok's latest version (well.. from 2 days ago. It will be updated to the latest commit again soon)

5) dimok, golden45, and Maschell are all making various edits to Loadiine to expand compatibility. Once an IOSU Exploit is released, however, we will be able to use USB loaders and should have ~100% compatibility.

Reactions: pelago and xem

dragoncity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you also have slowdowns on Yoshi game?
I have during the loading, and the boss of the world ... 1-4 unplayable limit ...
Yet I have a SD Class 10 ...
Thank you in advance for your answers, and if you do not have one thank you to specify your sd card :-)

Inuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Guys, i am having problems loading loadiine offline. While everything works like a charm when i run the exploit and loadiine online from http://eclipsesin.github.io/, when i try to load them offline using moongoose from
DefinitivePackage-20151018.zip i am able to run the modified exploit, but when i am trying afterwards to load loadiine it freezes and i have to hard reset wiiu. What the hell i am doing wrong since my knowledge from running servers is more than limited.
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by Inuk,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, i am having problems loading loadiine offline. While everything works like a charm when i run the exploit and loadiine online from http://eclipsesin.github.io/, when i try to load them offline using moongoose from
DefinitivePackage-20151018.zip i am able to run the modified exploit, but when i am trying afterwards to load loadiine it freezes and i have to hard reset wiiu. What the hell i am doing wrong since my knowledge from running servers is more than limited.
Any help would be appreciated
Dont know, but you can always just try a local rip of my github

https://github.com/EclipseSin/EclipseSin.github.io/archive/master.zip

If it solves the problem, you can try just replacing the files from ldimokd folder in the loadiine folder of definitive package. Should be the same tho afaik.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

bucketmouse

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost certain it's something to do with how fast Mongoose replies to requests. I was having tons of problems until I threw the whole mess on my (nginx) webdev server. Everything worked like a charm after that.

Reactions: Inuk

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think Mongoose might be the problem, you can try with MiniWeb that EclipseSin found and see if that makes a difference. It should be almost just as easy to use. Just put everything in the htdocs folder.

Is there any information on the firmware for Refurbished Wii U's directly from Nintendo?
Expect it to be updated to 5.5.0, but a few have gotten lucky and came out with a lower FW.

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,
I went out and bought a brand new Wii U yesterday. It was the Mario Kart 8 deluxe pack but unfortunately it was alread running 5.4.0 E :-( Should I keep it or sell it on and try to buy one with a lower firmware version??

Thanks,
M

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,
I went out and bought a brand new Wii U yesterday. It was the Mario Kart 8 deluxe pack but unfortunately it was alread running 5.4.0 E :-( Should I keep it or sell it on and try to buy one with a lower firmware version??

Thanks,
M
Where'd you buy it from (store and location)? I'll put a warning in the OP. Keeping or selling is kind of your decision. Do you want hacks now or are you willing to wait an unknown amount of time?

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Where'd you buy it from (store and location)? I'll put a warning in the OP. Keeping or selling is kind of your decision. Do you want hacks now or are you willing to wait an unknown amount of time?

I bought in Argos in Dublin, Ireland. I am absolutely willing to wait, at least until February of next year when I move back to my own place with my 46' TV! Where I'm living now they only have an old old TV with a scart connection so I borrowed a monitor from work to check the SW version. Do you think by then there will be a working hack on 5.4.0 E?

Cheers,
M

Last edited by mark.m.moran,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought in Argos in Dublin, Ireland. I am absolutely willing to wait, at least until February of next year when I move back to my own place with my 46' TV! Do you think by then to have a working hack on 5.4.0 E?

Cheers,
M
Thanks. If I had to guess, I'd say a 5.4.0 Exploit would be released by (or around) then.

Was your bundle the one with the game and DLC preinstalled?

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?