OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
WiiU VC injection

the new methods make permanent injects to use with loadiine wich revolves around
RPX injection for both nes and snes wich you need a wiiu sdk wich we cant share but google is your friend and hyken rpl2elf tool on github

basicaly you need a dump of a nes/snes VC title obviously and get its rpx, use hyken rpl2rlf tool to extract an elf out of the rpx, then repace teh rom code in the elf with the new rom code just seach for wup and you should see the wup followed by gameid and then the rom is all the info below so repalce all that code with your desired code. then use the wiiu sdk to turn the elf back into rpx by clicking cafex_env.bat and typing makerpl64 -f -old -z6 yourelfname.elf

N64
just get a n64 vc dump repalce the rom with the name of the rom that is on the rom folder, alter the ini for the ini that is on the config folder that has the same eaxact name as your rom folder plus.ini and change the text inside that ini for the apropriate one.

NDS geta nds VC dump get your nds rom and right click it and choose zip with winrar or winzip itself and rename that zip to rom.zip and repalce the rom.zip inside the VC content folder the name of the .nds file inside the zip does not mather. as long as the zip is called rom.zip and its on the correct location.

OUTDATED METHODS
Nes-
It's possible but it requires rom split in 2 parts and injected on diferent adresses, to play nes games your better off using pocket nes wich is a nes emulator for the gba wich works injected on gba roms.

wellllll.nes injection works....but its a bit of a pain in the arse, you have to upload PRG and CHR separately into ram....even though there is another instance of the whole rom together in ram the one used by the system is split up
DSCN4956.jpg

anyone wanting to have a go of it PRG is at 0x10BC83F0 and CHR is at 0x10DC83F0....this is where it is with zelda 2 anyway i dont have any other NES VC to see if its the same across all games, and i only tested snakes revenge as it also uses 128kb CHR&PRG.....i dont know if trying to inject bigger roms will work

ok tested a few more, zelda 1 worked, castlvania 2 worked,metroid works, smb 3 didn't (wasn't really expecting it to as it uses mmc3 mapper and is bigger than zelda 2)

Snes-
Wii U VC injector by Fix94- https://github.com/FIX94/wiiu-vc-inject/archive/master.zip
Snes Injection compatibility list- http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Snes_injection

How to -
-First on wiiu run kernel exploit, then run tcpgecko/pygecko/codehandler(all the same thing they enable gecko).
-Start your snes Vc rom after the game starts enter the vc menu and leavue it there.
- on your pc enter Bin, edit the ip.txt to your wiiu ip(you can see it on your router settings or by enabling develepor tools on wiiu bowser)
-now drag your snes rom into the inject.exe
-after its finished click reset on the VC menu emulator

ATTENTION you cant inject a rom bigger than your original VC rom if your rom is 512kb you can only inject 512 kb or lower roms or you will break the VC emulator.

GBA-
Wii U VC injector by Fix94- https://github.com/FIX94/wiiu-vc-inject/archive/master.zip
GBA injection compatibility list http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_GBA_injection
As a bonus the gba has several emulators made for it
Pocketnes(emulates nes),Goombacolor(emulates gb/gbc)
So you can inject this emulators with the roms and play nes,GB and GBC on wiiu gba VC.

How to -
-First on wiiu run kernel exploit, then run newer tcpgecko(you can find it on fix94 page while the other hosters update theirs).
-Start your gba Vc after the game starts enter the vc menu and leavue it there.
- on your pc edit the ip.txt to your wiiu ip(you can see it on your router settings or by enabling develepor tools on wiiu bowser)
-now open bin, edit iptxt to your wiiu ip,drag your gba rom into the inject.exe
-after its finished click reset on the VC menu emulator

ATTENTION you cant inject a rom bigger than your original VC rom if your rom is 16MB you can only inject 16 MB or lower roms or you will break the VC emulator.

N64-
N64 compatibility List - http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_N64_inject_compatibility_list
N64 injection uses caffine unlike the abode VC inject methods it also uses both roms and config files.
just find your VC game id 005000 something (you can find its id on if you launch the game after cafiine its working the last gameid it shows on your pc its the n64 vc gameid)

Inis made by nintendo
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/config-zip.49167/

How to inject n64 files
- After you find your n64 vc gameid create a folder with it on cafiine root watch cafiine while it loads and you will see the rom path and name same for the config file(ini) path and name.
Creat the path for the rom and for the config file something like
vol/content/rom
vol/content/config

Now depending on your game the rom will be named acordingly for instante on DK 64 pal rom need to be named Undop0.599 and placed on the rom folder and the config folder needs to be named Undop0.599.ini and placed on the config folder

After you have your roms and config files renamed correctly just launch the n64 vc and on the vc menu after cafiine replaces the file just hit reset.(to swap roms you need to exit the VC and go back in again since cafiine only repalces the files once on boot up, while the VC is on cafiine wont replace the file until the VC is loaded again.)

Since n64 uses cafiine rather than gecko you can use bigger roms than the original.

NDS-
Compatibility List- http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_NDS_injection
There are 2 ways to inject DS games

1-If you got brain age when it was free thats is an older nds emu which uses rom.nds, all you need to do is use cafiine and replace the rom.nds, just see the game id and path to the rom and your good to go.
Just rename any nds file to rom.nds and let cafiine replace it. this method has no filesize limit for nds roms unlike the other method below, but brain age was updated on wiiu vc e shop so if you buy it as off now it will be rom.zip and not work with cafiine.

2- Wii U VC injector by Fix94- https://github.com/FIX94/wiiu-vc-inject/archive/master.zip

This is the only method as off now that can replace roms of nds titles with rom.zip.

Run kernel then newer tcpgecko and then open your VC title, enter the VC menu and stay there,on pc open Bin,edit the ip.txt to your wiiu ip and drag your rom into the injector after it says transfer sucefull hit reset on the VC menu.

ATTENTION you cant inject a rom bigger than your original VC rom if your rom is 32MB you can only inject 32 MB or lower roms or you will break the VC emulator.The bigger size roms on e shop are only 64mb so this method has a limit of 64 mb injects as off now.

Last edited by pedro702,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hahaha good one! mathew-wi did it first, but we figured it out now :)

wj44 did the ds rom injection, and I was the one who managed to inject banjo kazooie a bit later :P

D

Deleted User

The N64 injection sounds cool, but I don't think that the NDS injection is all that useful since most of us already own an NDS and flash cart.

Markus95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is an English speaking forum. If you want to discuss the topic in French please use PM's.

I don' t speak english with french member and i don' t send a MP just for 1 or 2 answer

If I understood correctly, I will need a legit game right ? Damn it I thought of buying Donkey Kong and I forgot -.-

Yes you need a legit game VC

Reactions: Ewpb

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don' t speak english with french member and i don' t send a MP just for 1 or 2 answer
Yes you need a legit game VC

yes, you have too. it's just a basic respect for all the members.
What do you think if 3-4 posts are in another language that you don't get (chinese eg ?), it's just irritating.
there are plenty of french boards otherwise, or MPs

Markus95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you have too. it's just a basic respect for all the members.
What do you think if 3-4 posts are in another language that you don't get (chinese eg ?), it's just irritating.
there are plenty of french boards otherwise, or MPs

Ok no problem, i respect you, but when a 2 members english post on french site and speak english,
we say nothing , and even answer them in English...

BENETNATH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok no problem, i respect you, but when a 2 members english post on french site and speak english,
we say nothing , and even answer them in English...

then show the example ;)

go back to the topic :
DS emulation runs standalone on the gamepad ? it behaves as a classical DS ?

is there any plan to put 3DS on virtual console ??

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
for n64 vc, I have a theory I want to put in practice, nintendo in their generosity, made stuff easier to me.

If everything goes like planned, I may be able to launch more games than what I already tested. basically, those tried to boot using specific configuration made for dk, which is not good.

I'll get you know if it works or not :)

but I'm sure that Mathew_wi already figured that out :
Is VC extraction possible? Could someone maybe post patches/diffs? (not ROMs) :P
yes it is. the rom is well placed in a 'rom' folder. just rename to gamename.z64 and you are done :P

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait... I have the vWii in my Wii U modded enough to use Nintendon't and I own WarioWare: Touched on the Wii U's DS VC (bought from eShop), does this mean I can inject a new rom into it and play different DS games on my Wii U? I'd love to play Metroid Prime Hunters on my Wii U if it is possible in any way.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Now if only they'll patch games so they can be played in full screen... (DK64)

Also for the love of all that is holy someone tell me if it's possible to inject Jet Force Gemini!
I'll tell you there if I succeed ;)

In the mean time, Suer Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 works now, thanks to nintendo's templates of game config :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1