Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops. Thanks, fixed [emoji14]

What FW version are you on, and does it really freeze every time? I'm not sure how the exploit really works internally to load the files after it, but I imagine there is a small chance to freeze. It used to freeze 100% of the time using individual icons, but now its just one compressed background (like the Mario one was), so there shouldn't be much of a difference. The file size of this one is actually even smaller than the Mario one. I can probably make the background even smaller, now that I think about it. I'll try it and reupload tonight.

I think that's only needed on certain servers? Mongoose seems to handle it fine, but I'll try it in the next one just for compatibility :)

You need to run the AIO Kernel Exploit and press B, then come back into the browser and run Loadiine.

Post a picture? I've never heard of that one before. Other hacks work besides Loadiine?

The index definitely points at TCP Gecko. If you type your IP and port and then /tcpgecko/payload532.html it should still load.
Ex: http://192.168.1.239:8080/tcpgecko/payload532.html
Maybe the image map for the buttons doesn't stretch when you zoom in and out of the page :( If you try to load Cafiine, what happens?
5.3.2. Yes, I was never able to get it to load last night, it froze within 3 seconds every time. I left it for several minutes a couple times too.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Is this normal when blocking updates? Or is there actually an update that my Wii U is trying to download.

1p9A5HK.png

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this normal when blocking updates? Or is there actually an update that my Wii U is trying to download.

1p9A5HK.png
This is normal, don't worry. You are blocking the update effectively. I've gotten this same error.

Are you using the tubehax dns and blocking the update servers on your router?

Buzzin69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone run wii fit u yet? It seems that I can not have 2 profiles with 2 meters. It reads the same meter for both profiles. I am guessing this is due to the save files on the SD. I am guessing that I need to use a second SD to do this properly. Just wondering if anyone else has found an alternative solution.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry @hundshamer I wasn't able to work on it yesterday, and won't be back near the Wii U until Monday.

I've never tried anything else before, but just tried Dumpiine and it too froze.
Un/fortunately, you seem to be the only one with that issue all the time. I thought I could maybe make the bgimage a little smaller to see if that would help, but I actually can't. Maybe try the .htaccess thing that Cyan was talking about (you might have to ask him or do some Googling, as I don't yet exactly understand how to do it myself)

Has anyone run wii fit u yet? It seems that I can not have 2 profiles with 2 meters. It reads the same meter for both profiles. I am guessing this is due to the save files on the SD. I am guessing that I need to use a second SD to do this properly. Just wondering if anyone else has found an alternative solution.
I would think if it allows you to use 2 meters with the disc, it should let you use 2 meters with Loadiine. You can try asking in the "Official" WiiU Loadiine v1.0 Compatibility Sheet thread and might get some better support.

Sidebar: I should really post some links to the respective threads for detailed questions/support. I'll get to that eventually :P

Reactions: Buzzin69

Ackermann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
tubehax to work I need to have installed youtube ?

I have not installed, and I think it works tubehax because the console always asks me to upgrade (although failure)

as I install youtube without eshop ?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tubehax to work I need to have installed youtube ?

I have not installed, and I think it works tubehax because the console always asks me to upgrade (although failure)

as I install youtube without eshop ?
No, I don't think you actually need YouTube installed.

Buzzin69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone using the "HomebrU Launcher" index.html and having issues where the buttons don't line up (@Katoche and @hundshamer), try resizing the window so that the left and right side fit perfectly on the screen (using the right analog stick) and let me know if they work then. I think it just has issues keeping the image maps when you resize the screen (which seem to be fixable eventually looking at this)

Last edited by fiveighteen,

Katoche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
whatever the adjustment of the zoom when I click on the icon of TCP Gecko it's always that starts Dumpiine...

you want me to test with other icons with zoom?

Edit
aio kernel -> aio kernel
Loadiine -> Loadiine
Dumpiine -> nothing
TCP Gecko -> Dumpiine
Cafiine -> TCP Gecko
WUP Installer -> Cafiine 1.2
NNU Patcher -> WUP Installer
GC-to-Vpad -> nnu-patcher
Update Deleter -> GC-toVpad

the zoom did not affect output

Last edited by Katoche,

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use WUP installer to spoof your FW to 5.5.0 to stop the nags.
I have the same issue... error code ×××-××× can't remember exactly but you just click okay and then cancel. it's normal

I have to hardpower mine down sometimes. I can't get a screenshot of it cause it hasn't happened in awhile but mine has displayed a message similiar to this.

"Wii U system is ready to update system will now update"

with the only option to press was "okay" so I did a hard reset to get rid of message and I'm able to go to the menu screen normally. it seems I am only one to experience this message. never once had it updated me but it makes me think my console is a ticking time bomb waiting to update. I always keep my WiiU unplugged when not playing it now for extra saftey.

wiitf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Just to be sure, can someone tell me if it's possible to buy games on the eshop while avoiding system updates? I want to buy the full version of Art Academy but avoid upgrading from 5.3.2.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Un/fortunately, you seem to be the only one with that issue all the time. I thought I could maybe make the bgimage a little smaller to see if that would help, but I actually can't. Maybe try the .htaccess thing that Cyan was talking about (you might have to ask him or do some Googling, as I don't yet exactly understand how to do it myself)

Bummer. I saw that already but didn't understand how to do it either.

TrojanHorse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome guide thanks for this! Just picked up the Mario Kart pre installed bundle with dlc. Haven't opened it up yet, does the dlc come pre installed? And if not, am i able to install the dlc without updating the console?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo